Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to earn Arcanes in Conclave

Kontrollo

There is going to be a new kind of slot on weapons. So hopefully you can come up with some Arcanes for guns that don't tilt the balance any further than all the unfixed problems already do.

I'm thinking cosmetics like Peculiar Bloom, but am of course open to suggestions.

In any case, the PvE +damage modifiers on gun Arcanes should be disabled in PvP for obvious reasons.

5 hours ago, acevezwing said:

New weapon projectiles, killed opponents melted, vaporized, you name it. It's a nice touch for some extra street creds for the conclave.

Yeah, I was thinking especially on-kill effects would be the most unproblematic here. They could even just take the flowers from Peculiar Bloom, that would probably be really easy to do. Little grave stones would be funny, as well.

1 hour ago, Kontrollo said:

Yeah, I was thinking especially on-kill effects would be the most unproblematic here. They could even just take the flowers from Peculiar Bloom, that would probably be really easy to do. Little grave stones would be funny, as well.

Just never add collision for these...

1 hour ago, Kontrollo said:

I would worry that peculiar bloom-style effects could also be problematic. Imagine getting hit by a player and now flowers are growing on your arm, and it blocks your aim! Yikes!

Cosmetic Arcanes are definitely a good idea overall, but would need to be thought about carefully before implementing anything in-game.

I was thinking something like "Equip this Arcane and your feet glow with your chosen energy color for one second every time you bullet jump."

That way it's a cosmetic item that could be detrimental to the player equipping it (since you become more visible to others). So it ends up being a flex item that you can unequip if you feel it's bringing you down.

34 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

I would worry that peculiar bloom-style effects could also be problematic. Imagine getting hit by a player and now flowers are growing on your arm, and it blocks your aim! Yikes!

I meant as an on-kill effect.

3 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

I meant as an on-kill effect.

Aha yes, that would be good :) Seeing my body drop to the ground and then turn into a beautiful flowerbed would actually be quite nice and calming haha

I thought this meant regular arcanes, like from Orphix and Eidolons, that don't have an effect on PvP but would still be a reason to play.

Cosmetic arcanes could be fun. Love to have a bunch of little gravestones in PvE, and it isn't bad for PvP either.

Even though I may have got my hopes up a little bit...

9 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

I thought this meant regular arcanes, like from Orphix and Eidolons, that don't have an effect on PvP but would still be a reason to play.

Sure, but how likely is it that they will ever implement that? So that's not a request I'd want to make, not with this studio.

9 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

Cosmetic arcanes could be fun. Love to have a bunch of little gravestones in PvE, and it isn't bad for PvP either.

Yes, and even with only on-kill triggers, there would be quite a bit of room for variation.

Another idea I just had: create a fake hole opening below the body (should be possible with some shader magic), then unset world collision and with the ragdoll physics make it look like it falls down into an abyss.

Archived