Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New lich railjack mission

ShyPup

So the new mission for killing our liches does the exact opposite of what reducing the number of murmurs we needed was supposed to do. Thought you wanted to reduce grind on killing the lich, not increase it? To break some stuff down: the liches now feel way more tanky, to an insane degree. Did you guys buff them without telling us or something? Another issue, we now have to kill our lich twice basically.

How it used to go: farm murmurs until we had all 3 requiems discovered, then try to bait out our lich and fight him until we figured out the correct order of the requiems and then bait him out one last time to kill him. 

How it works now: farm somewhat fewer murmurs until we have all 3 requiems discovered, bait the lich out and fight him until we figure out the correct order, bait him out again to "kill" him in our mission only for him to now sod off into a railjack mission so we now have to go there and kill him again after another annoying fight with him. 

What I believe would help this is instead of having to bait the lich out over and over again in missions to figure out the requiem sequence, once we have learned all 3 of our requiems have the lich go to their railjack showdown mission immediately, that way we go to the railjack mission to test out our requiem order against them in a fight where we know they will always show up so we can kill them once we have the correct order, without the annoying RNG of whether or not the lich would appear on that mission while also having to complete an actual mission objective at the same time. 

I was just coming here to post the exact same topic. I'm so tired of this. They pretend to be reducing the grind, then they replace the old tedium with newer. buggier tedium that forces you to play a tertiary mode.

Why? 

I'd take it a step further, though. I don't want to play Railjack. Let me kill my Lich the way I used to. This is not an improvement. I'm pretty sure it took LONGER for me to kill this lich thanks to the needlessly drawn-out nature of almost every Railjack mission.

I love rail jack but am not a fan of the increased difficulty in killing a lich simply because a voidrig maybe present. Id prefer a regular difficulty without the 90% damage absorption it has. Id be for not allowing necramechs in the final showdown nodes if it meant not sitting in voidrigs 4th til they die, which is dull and uneventful.

Somehow I doubt the devs are gonna back out of their decision to shove liches onto railjack missions, but hopefully we can at least convince them to make it so instead of increasing the grind they actually decrease it like they claim they're trying to with this. If we were to remove liches from railjack entirely (as it seems quite a few people want) then why not give liches their own final showdown node still, but have it be simply on their own node on Saturn or wherever as a regular on the ground mission deal.

Basically give them their own assassination node that only appears once you have discovered all 3 of the requiems needed, and then have that node be where you go to fight your lich both to kill them and to figure out the correct requiem sequence to reduce us having to hope that our lich shows up over and over again in their territory missions so we can figure out their stupid sequence. 

Plus on top of this, you made liches which could already be rather tanky and annoying to deal with even tankier because you decided to slap them into missions where people can bring necramechs. For those of us who don't have a necramech, this does nothing except make the lich insanely annoying to kill because you've arbitrarily decided to increase their difficulty assuming that everyone has gotten a voidrig to nuke them with. Thanks for throwing those of us who don't want to farm Deimos under the bus with that one DE.

So now, not only do we basically have to kill our liches twice which is more grind, not less, but we also have to deal with them being even harder to kill because you buffed them expecting everyone to just nuke them with the voidrig mech, so those of us trying to do this with normal weapons and frame are basically screwed. I finally got my friend to the point where he can do kuva liches after getting him into the game a couple days ago, and guess what? He did not have fun. Because of course he didn't, I didn't have much fun with it either even though I used to enjoy hunting my lich down, because now they have insane damage reduction it feels like, we had to not only try to lure them out two or three times to figure out their correct requiem sequence but then we had to lure them out once more to use it on them, only for them to peace out and go to their new railjack mission where we once again had to go and kill them.

Don't want voidrig to just nuke them, DE? Then remove them from railjack and just give them their own assassination mission node on the ground. Otherwise, revert them back to their previous difficulty and just let people blow them away with necramechs because at least then we would be able to kill them in a reasonable amount of time.  

Yeah...
How to engage people in activity that they don't like? 
LET'S FORCE THEM (DE)

Seriously, DE? Personally, i HATE railjack (im pretty sure that some people also hate it). Never liked it before or after re-work.
It's boring, tedious and annoying.
Now you hiding liches\sisters behind "railjack wall"? Seriously?

Bravo, DE \slowclap\ Bravo.

Also you wanted to "reduce" grind. From 18 to 15? Wow... That's so much easier now (sarcasm).
In all honesty, you would have much more appreciation from players if you put those "ultimate" relics into game shop (not that i encourage you to actually do it).

It absolutely boggles my mind how complaints like this can come up when this was literally explained in the Tennocon2019 trailer for these features
You guys know liches are going to eventually get even HARDER to kill when(if) SquadLink becomes a working feature, right? That whole shield thing?
Liches were originally intended to be difficult and take a long time to kill - that is literally the entire point of them existing. The fact that they were easily farmable little grineer babies has just been an artifact of their initial highly-limited release state, which was nowhere near the intended experience - and is not going to be the state they stay in.
It always seriously stuns me that everyone on these forums seems to want to be able to reduce WF down to the same easily-farmed replays of the same mission types, and then on the rare occasion that DE listens and pulls the complexity or difficulty out of their systems to meet your demands, y'all have the sheer brass balls to then complain that it's boring.

Liches were always intended to be beaten on railjacks. Liches were always intended to be extensive lengthy fights. Hell, liches are even supposed to have unique powers like being invincible until you bust off parts of their ship, so get your complaining nice and revved up for when THAT update drops-
Or, alternately, put on your big-boy pants and start thinking about liches as the chunky antagonists they're supposed to be, and not just DE's latest effortless gun dispensary for you to just milk with no challenge or effort

11 hours ago, DaraSilverDragon said:

not just DE's latest effortless gun dispensary for you to just milk with no challenge or effort

Except that's what they are. If you want a 60% gun, you'll be cranking that lever for a long time.

Archived