Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 10.6.1 + 10.6.1.1

[DE]darryl1

Russian localization and yes I'm tired of these in-game lag online.

Did fix and left for the weekend, and check? But why? After all, the same shouting "sweet" and "great job", get it - all the lag and bugs can be sustained, but not associated with the connection of the game.
Sorry for bad English.

this is obviously a bug related to the last patch. the overwhelming amount of threads show that fairly clearly.

personally, i like all the content patches and new stuff to play with.

but i'd be ecstatic to see them stop that for a few weeks and seriously dig into optimizing their net code.

especially with the ps4 release coming soon. 

Then explain how my setup works 100% perfect when I host on my local network and when i host for others over the internet? Perhaps you should take some of your intelligence and fix your setup.

Not everyone can just 'go get a faster computer'.  It doesn't work like that.  A lot of people have priorities preceding 'get faster computer to play space ninjas with guns game'.  As well, quite frequently, it's not even something that people can fix themselves.  Much as I love it, this game still has problems that need to be worked out.

UDP issues can crop up much more easily going over the larger internet than a switch on your local network

p2p nature of this game and UDP's lack of error correction / controls mean that comparing your lan play vs the larger internet is absurd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Datagram_Protocol

UDP uses a simple transmission model with a minimum of protocol mechanism.[1] It has no handshaking dialogues, and thus exposes any unreliability of the underlying network protocol to the user's program. As this is normally IP over unreliable media, there is no guarantee of delivery, ordering or duplicate protection. UDP provides checksums for data integrity, and port numbers for addressing different functions at the source and destination of the datagram.

UDP is suitable for purposes where error checking and correction is either not necessary or performed in the application, avoiding the overhead of such processing at the network interface level. Time-sensitive applications often use UDP because dropping packets is preferable to waiting for delayed packets, which may not be an option in a real-time system.[2] If error correction facilities are needed at the network interface level, an application may use theTransmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) which are designed for this purpose.

by the way, i alluded to this earlier in this thread. maybe this will make it more clear...

additionally... as a host, you won't run into this as often as those that you are serving.

Did you read who i was replying to and did you read my full post? I stated that I have absolutely 0 issues via LAN, which the guy I was replying to was having problems with. "I lagged horribly in a setup were both host and client were on the same network."

Also my post even stated that when I host for others over the internet they don't have problems. They tell me after I ask them if they get any lag, "nothing noticable", "no lag here", occasionally I can tell when a guy is a bit laggy, but its always specific to that person, where as the other two are fine. The other players don't get lag when I host, unless it's on their end.

I really don't get why you're posting info about UDP. Doesn't answer my question, Which is

explain how my setup works 100% perfect when I host on my local network and when i host for others over the internet?

Edited by Volux

PC specs:

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.5 GHz

GeForce GTX670 2GB
8GB RAM
Windows 7

Laptop specs:

Intel Core i7 3632QM  2.2 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7670M 2GB
8GB RAM
Windows 8

My PC used to host fine until 9.6 or so, then it began getting laggier and laggier...except when it hosts fine...sometimes. No, a clean installation of windows 7 didn't help at all.

My laptop used to host fine, with no issues at all until 10.6.1, no lag whatsoever with any number of clients in any type of mission in any level. Even if I couldn't max out the game and, if my FPS had massive drops at times*, there was never lag.

My laptop's CPU may be better than my PC's benchmarkwise but, really...benchamarks mean nothing in real world scenarios. My laptop used to be the better host, while using WiFi, compared to my PC, which uses an ethernet cable.

I can play games that rely on p2p connections just fine on both machines, my internet connection may not be the best (25/0.67) but, it's rock stable.

88829367.png

"Ok, it's not your computers, it's your upload speed"

No.

A) I would've had issues all the time, why would my "crappy internet connection" begin giving me issues when, everyone else began getting them? Instead of, you know, all the time because, it's terrible.

B) I can play other games AND host servers for other games just fine.

C) Both machines were on the same network, I may not know many computery magics but, the stupidly high amount of lag that I had to deal with seems odd to me.

It's not that their (DE's) netcode is "not that great", right now, it's downright terrible. And, if past updates have shown me anything is that it'll only get worse.

If their network code is just terrible, how is it possible for my setup to be a good host every time?

The game isn't fully multi-threaded and most games will still only use one or two cores, which means the raw speed will be better. So yeah your desktop CPU is much better than the laptop. Anyways, I'd suggest trying to turn off the various offloading settings and checksums in your network card configuration. Sometimes they cause issues with specific setups. Look into lowering or raising your buffer. Maybe try another router?

For your desktop I would figure you have HPET in your bios, so run a cmd prompt as administrator and enter

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

then restart.

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile

There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)

Reboot

Couple changes that might help. Honestly, I don't know what or why my setup works, but I always do various tweaks when setting up my computers then everything just works.

Did you read who i was replying to and did you read my full post? I stated that I have absolutely 0 issues via LAN, which the guy I was replying to was having problems with. "I lagged horribly in a setup were both host and client were on the same network."

Also my post even stated that when I host for others over the internet they don't have problems. They tell me after I ask them if they get any lag, "nothing noticable", "no lag here", occasionally I can tell when a guy is a bit laggy, but its always specific to that person, where as the other two are fine. The other players don't get lag when I host, unless it's on their end.

I really don't get why you're posting info about UDP. Doesn't answer my question, Which is

explain how my setup works 100% perfect when I host on my local network and when i host for others over the internet?

because you aren't the only one in the mix.

MTU might be a cause, in the case of DSL users.

a wonky router between players throwing off UDP streams.

there are a hundred different things that could cause problems

the fact that you aren't having any is simply luck.