Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hound Weapons, which mods work?

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Question

5 answers to this question

On 2021-07-15 at 1:48 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Looking for a Simulacrum Wizard to answer

the Hound Weapons.

are they affected by Primed Fury, Primed Reach, Healing Return, Shattering Impact?

The modding UI doesn't list attack speed or range for them.

I can't find it now, but I saw another thread on this a few days ago.  The person both tested and observed hound behavior and concluded that fury and reach were no use since the hound typically identifies a target, rushes up to them and then attacks once from zero range.  I don't believe they commented on healing return or shattering impact.

Speaking from my own experience: I don't see any reason shattering impact wouldn't work, but given how slowly the hound attacks, I can't see any value in using it (a single proc of shattering impact is all you're going to get on any given target).  Healing return also seems unlikely to be much use, since you're going to have to proc a status effect on the target before the hound attacks and then hope that the hound attacks that specific target (since they don't seem to repeatedly attack the same target).  For reliable healing, I just throw Pack leader on my hound.

For me, the hounds are going to be MR fodder.  I've given them a fair shake in a variety of missions and don't see them as an upgrade on existing companions in any circumstance.  YMMV. 

im super late but for those wondering, healing return works but its pretty bad since hounds wont attack that much and you basically need to have a status weapon and constantly spray
also shattering impact works too but again, too slow

Archived