Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about a mage/warlock/wizard type warframe?

(XBOX)Virtual Pain880

Just thinking here...

I haven't seen any mage robed, staff wielding, spell book, type warframe... lots of alchemy types and whatnot... so I'm just day dreaming here

But an ability focused Warframe that's all about the mass destruction it can cause with it's abilities alone. So instead of having an extra slot for a sword (Excalibur) or a extra slot for a pet (Khora) or a K Drive (Yreill) it's a extra slot for a staff weapon.

You can equip additional warframe mods to the staff instead of exclusively weapons mods. Thus increasing the ability damage of your mage/warlock/wizard style type warframe. The staff could use various mods, from elemental weapons mods to warframe mods, and cycle through them upon each cast.

The book could be an ability to summon elemental projections that inflict damage to enemies. Another ability could be the mage slamming his/her staff on the ground to create a barrier in front of him/her and an aura that heals the warframe and allies while slowing enemies that enter.

Another ability could be creating a zone of damage that damages or kills enemies that set foot in the zone. Similarly to how other frames can crowd control or use abilities to protect areas. The mage animation would be thrusting his/her staff into the air above them creating the zone.

Give the mage (Can be a him/her artists choice... or a him and her... make something like master and apprentice maybe similarly to Wukong splitting into two or maybe tagging out) synd mods available through synds right upon release. So anything to boost the abilities or give them team bonuses upon activating abilities (For instance activating ability A increases allied damage, or activating ability B increases team health, ect.)

Call the Master Mage, Merlin (Male), and the Apprentice Mage, Mordred (Female).

Just an idea for a frame. I know DE will never see this. But I figured I'd toss out some inspired creative thinking. If anyone has any other ideas tweaks or alterations to my idea then feel free to chime in!

Archived