Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Automatic Rifle Is Best Automatic Rifle?

Nyctoos

Question

soma best AR type in game.  can also be used as a LMG that is as accurate as an AR.

i was running my level 16 soma last night (after a forma) and it was easily ripping through mobs of level 40-45.

synapse is as good but not a rifle.  synapse has a short range and is beam weapon, bit it's every bit as good as soma.  harder to make due to mugen samples and masses, though.

I'm going to have to say Karak. It doesn't have the highest fire rate, best crit damage or the biggest magazine. It just feels good and it does reliable damage. The reload speed is really good, too.

The Karak does rate pretty favourably among other automatic rifles, yes. In my experience the biggest drawback is the relatively high rate of fire compared to its rather small magazine capacity. It tends to make it feel as if you have to reload constantly. Otherwise it's a pretty solid gun.

I quite the like the Burston Prime too, which given its burst fire dynamics won't necessarily match the behaviour that the OP seeks, but it is a potent weapon with reasonable ammo efficiency.

Again even further from an Assault Rifle (given its semi-automatic firing mode) is the Latron Prime which became a quite potent weapon since the last patch, with its DPS nearly doubled over its neglected state in the past. It hits hard, shoots accurately and pretty fast, and has great ammo efficiency.

Edited by Forralmatt

I quite like the Grakata in short-to-mid range combat, firing in bursts, with Punch Through mods.  It shreds groups of infested and has a very satisfying sound with that ramped up fire rate.

I would like something more accurate, though.  I am not digging the Paris, so I am looking at Assault Rifles again.

How does the Boltor handle?  Soma isn't unlocked for me yet.  Burston looks very nice, but I don't like burst-fire guns - my trigger finger is my burst-fire.

Karak, Grakata, and Braton Prime are all solid automatic rifles even at high level content. 

Boltor is decent, but has a somewhat lower ammo economy than youd expect due to misses and extra bolts fired. The accuracy can be a problem on moving targets and it gets drastically worse at a certain cutoff point. A nice hidden property with most bolt weapons; if the bullet damage (not the added ele) kills a target it will go flying backward, dealing bullet damage to anything it hits.

Karak is hitscan and there's very few hitscan automatics beyond the Braton line of guns.  Karak is also fairly solid against any faction even though it has an anti-Corpus favoring.  There's the Gorgon, but the Soma is basically a better version of the Gorgon that doesn't bounce around nearly as much or take four hours to spin up.  The Grakata is a unique gun with the decent crit and status stats but kicks kinda hard.

If you get low frame rates, ignore burst fire weapons.  Low frames = lower burst fire speed.  I didn't notice it as much on the Burston, but it's pretty hilarious on the Hind to watch the fire rate of the burst slow to a crawl at times.