Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since Credits Have Been Majorly Nerfed, Make Selling Blueprints Etc A Viable Way To Make Money.

Slurmageddon

If you do a lot of fusion in the game which inevitably you will, you pretty soon realise that this is where like 90% of your money goes. This is a discovery you make EARLY in the game, and now since credits are much harder to come by after the void rewards being nerfed, one of the ways people make money now is by selling things. 

So that needs to actually be a viable way to make money. A couple thousand for a blueprint is not enough. 5000 for a fully levelled weapon is not NEARLY enough. If you nerf how we earn credits, but dont nerf the one major credit-sink we needed them for youre going to need to provide a better supplement to that by making it worth selling off blueprints, frame parts and mods.

I started with 3 million + credits before the nerf and now Im down to about one million so IM still doing okay, but I can only imagine how much this hurt newer players maybe levelling their serration for the first time, or trying to get their redirection up to progress through planets.

Edited by Santaphrax

I don't grind or play hours on end, but I end up with tons of blueprints and parts at the end of the day. If I were to sell a "day's catch", I'd probably be 200,000 credits richer.

And to put that 200k (which I think is an over exaggeration but whatever) into perspective it would buy you 250-300 mods worth of fusion. Which when trying to level something, not even necessarily a Serration or a Hornet strike... isn't a lot.

Early missions and new players need a boost. That's for sure.

I would be so bold as to say that players should get an extra 5,000 credits for completing a previously un-beaten mission.

That's actually not a bad idea. It would also be a better incentive for completing all the planets

how about a 100k bounty for full completion of a planet? (more or less depending on planet's difficulty)

i don't know if it's worth having nightmare missions pop up. (i've only finished, mercury, venus, earth and saturn because i didn't want nightmare on anything else)

something like this would be a good incentive to actually complete the planet.

how about a 100k bounty for full completion of a planet? (more or less depending on planet's difficulty)

i don't know if it's worth having nightmare missions pop up. (i've only finished, mercury, venus, earth and saturn because i didn't want nightmare on anything else)

I like something like this idea just because we get nothing for finishing solar systems other than the finished planets showing up on alerts. Finishing solar systems also unlocks bosses for other warframes however I don't think that's much of a reward because people can just buddy with other players and unlock the bosses only.

Anyways, I would like more credits for blueprints and/or selling weapons you have built. I build them, level them to rank 30 then sell them but I only get about 5-7k credits. That's not even half the building cost of most weapons. Just an idea.

But then players might not buy platinum to get things they want faster.  And we couldn't let players have any fun, now could we?

In seriousness,

I love this idea.

Edited by NikolaiLev

You don't need maxed mods to make progress in the game, and it's supposed to give you something to work for. If everyone had the best everything 20 minutes in we'd just have someone else complaining that the game is over too fast (see: DCUO). 

I think wanting money is better than money being pointless and having everything. 

You don't need maxed mods to make progress in the game, and it's supposed to give you something to work for. If everyone had the best everything 20 minutes in we'd just have someone else complaining that the game is over too fast (see: DCUO). 

I think wanting money is better than money being pointless and having everything. 

Can't say I'd agree.  I know I'd far rather have variety in my gameplay than be required to farm for hours to actually have some new gameplay.

And to put that 200k (which I think is an over exaggeration but whatever) into perspective it would buy you 250-300 mods worth of fusion. Which when trying to level something, not even necessarily a Serration or a Hornet strike... isn't a lot.

I think you're focusing on one of the wrong parts of the mod system, that high level mods cost a LOT to rank up to max rank. I haven't even put my Serration up past 90% because I cba, but besides that:

We do need a way to make more credits.

Not giving my Eris or Ceres to Nightmare mode, I already have Sedna on nightmare.

My advice would be to seriously tone down the credits required to fuse and transmute mods.  A credit restriction is redundant, since mods are already consumed in the process. 

There is always another mod. 

I had my serration hornet strike redirection etc levelled, but I recently levelled narrow minded and magnum force too

Yeah.... At one point, I was really excited at the prospect of maxing out every mod in the game.  Sadly, that is a literally impossible goal.  DE keeps adding tons of new mods (most of which are useless), and the new rank 10 rares will each take months to max out. 

• 1 month later...

My advice would be to seriously tone down the credits required to fuse and transmute mods.  A credit restriction is redundant, since mods are already consumed in the process. 

Yeah.... At one point, I was really excited at the prospect of maxing out every mod in the game.  Sadly, that is a literally impossible goal.  DE keeps adding tons of new mods (most of which are useless), and the new rank 10 rares will each take months to max out. 

Yes, we don't need astronomical fusion costs; one limiting factor is enough, two is rubbing salt in the wound.

While the fusion costs are pretty high, credit rewards still seem to be pretty high from finishing missions.  They are certainly still higher then they were when players were starting out during closed beta.

It does take dedication and a lot of credits to level some of the higher rank mods.  Players will likely end up with more then enough mods before they had the credits to max something out.  This doesn't necessarily mean that we need better credit earnings.

Still some of the small steps that people suggested like first completion of a planet would be a nice step up for some people.

As for how everyone else can get there credits.  Many of the invasion and conflict battle pay rewards are large bundles of credits.  That should help most people get by even if they are throwing lots of credits into fusing.

A final point would be the obvious, it's part of marketing for a free to play game to always leave players sort of on the edge when it comes to gathering resources.

• 1 month later...

Early missions and new players need a boost. That's for sure.

I would be so bold as to say that players should get an extra 5,000 credits for completing a previously un-beaten mission.

HAH 5000.... un beaten mission thats crap. I'd be so bold to say they give an extra 20k per unbeaten mission... fusion is so costly... not to mention void got nerfed.. they need to make it 50k per run..

HAH 5000.... un beaten mission thats crap. I'd be so bold to say they give an extra 20k per unbeaten mission... fusion is so costly... not to mention void got nerfed.. they need to make it 50k per run..

By the time you have enough mods to do lots of fusions, you should have plenty of access to alerts, invasions, infestations, and so on, that money shouldn't be a problem.

The newbies do need a bit of a boost though, as they need a little something to enable them to upgrade the crappy starting weapons, plus doing some fusioning.

Eh, even the Invasions are quite lackluster in rewards.

Credit rewards for Invasions should scale with the Planet (High levelled planets offer higher credit caches).

IF there is any max cap to credit caches, it should be 175k. The highest in Gradivus was 200k.

Sounds fair enough.