Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Up Tests

(XBOX)Boyyard391

Ok, so I know that this isn’t the first time someone has complained about this. The 24 hr wait time to retry MR tests. This doesn’t bother me completely, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around the logic of this. Like I understand the long wait times for weapons, warframes, parts, companions, etc. But why the tests?! I am already putting hours upon hours of time into the game and enjoy it, until this stuff comes up. To me this arbitrary timer would be comparable to if they put the same thing on missions. Imagine if you’re farming, then the game tells you that you’ve used up your tries on that mission for the day, come back in 24hrs! If I can farm as much as I want, then I should be able to try as MANY times as I want for a mastery rank WITHOUT a timer. I hardly ever spend platinum in this game, but I would gladly spend it to remove this stupid timer

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Boyyard391 said:

But why the tests?!

Because it gives time for players to actually practice outside the test, and the simulated test by Simaris...

... It was actually a thing before Simaris popped in the mind of a Dev... Now, people just go practice the test itself at Simaris...

"Then what's the point of the 24h waiting time?" Maybe to allow you to do other things, even if its another game, instead of waiting for that time to pass... Think of it as "Consider your mistakes by image training it in your mind for the next 24h."

... Or just do like everyone else and go train at Simaris.

16 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Because it gives time for players to actually practice outside the test, and the simulated test by Simaris...

... It was actually a thing before Simaris popped in the mind of a Dev... Now, people just go practice the test itself at Simaris...

"Then what's the point of the 24h waiting time?" Maybe to allow you to do other things, even if its another game, instead of waiting for that time to pass... Think of it as "Consider your mistakes by image training it in your mind for the next 24h."

... Or just do like everyone else and go train at Simaris.

Well said.

I would also add that it makes the progression have real risk-reward. 

Because its a game where things can be easily cheesed. Without the 24 hour timer to try again you wouldn't really need to think about the test before going in because you could just try again and it's supposed to be testing your ability and knowledge of the game so it would lose significance if it could be done repetitively without consequence. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Boyyard391 said:

Imagine if you’re farming, then the game tells you that you’ve used up your tries on that mission for the day, come back in 24hrs!

This was sort of a thing, at one point. You had 4 revives per day, not per mission. No idea what happened if you burned all 4, I played very safe back then. Enemy level 20/Saturn was my soft cap.

As people have said, practice mode is a good thing. You can repeat it as much as you want.

Just now, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

This was sort of a thing, at one point. You had 4 revives per day, not per mission. No idea what happened if you burned all 4, I played very safe back then. Enemy level 20/Saturn was my soft cap.

As people have said, practice mode is a good thing. You can repeat it as much as you want.

I believe it would result in a game over when you died without lives.

2 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

No idea what happened if you burned all 4

... Remember Arbitrations before that revive crap was introduced?

... It was exactly that.

It was fun wasting my revives on purpose back then, so I could do the Void introduction event without revives, under complete disadvantage in every way possible, including weapons (which were Mk1-Braton, Lato and Skana, and mods (which I only had the Puncture mods at the time) and no ability use. It really made me use a small portion of my skills to survive and complete the event.

Was it easy? No.

Were arbitrations close enough in terms of difficulty? Not even close... But I should probably attempt arbitrations with starting weapons next time I feel like doing them again. Who knows, I might get on track again.

Archived