Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oldstyle parkour?

ENIAK_Prime

So, I was thinking one day while going through Orokin structures, the parkour challenges in there were built around the old parkour system before bullet-jumping and free-directional wallclimbing was invented and it seems a shame that they've gone completely to waste now.

... what if they don't HAVE to be, though?

What if we give the Operators the OLD parkour skills (the one where you can only wallrun either straight up or across), and then make it so that when you go into one of these parkour tests you have to do it in operator mode (maybe even with void dash disabled)?

Just a thought...

I tend to do those without using Bulletjumping and sometimes it can still come down to the wire. I don't miss the pre-parkour 2.0 days, but I'm glad I can choose to not use Bulletjump as I'm looking for the feel of the current wallclimb.

🤔 It might be interesting to see parkouring Operators, but I'm not sure it would land well for me personally.

Spoiler

To me the Operator feels like a kid with power, but that's kind of their main thing is brute force (with some utility in their other abilities), while Warframes are the parkouring space-pirate-ninja suits needed to flow through the environment.

i think the game tries to remove our Warframes from us often enough. it's supposed to be a game centered around them, i'd like it to not move way from that and the Player Movement that is such a landmark unique feature that sets Warframe apart from the rest.

My opinions on parkouring Operators depends on how Duviri Paradox is handled. I don't think our current Operators would really suit that. The new ones teased there, on the other hand - that could work out.

One thing to consider is maybe incentivizing over forcing? For example, make it so that there's double the loot if you use the Operator route, however that might be built. As said, we get forced out of our Warframes often enough.

Archived