Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit Taker's Comba Army.

Slayer-.

Question

I have done a LOT of Solo Profit Taker fights, never have I seen in all my time doing that fight so many Comba's on the ground at the one time.

I had around 15+ Comba (I nicknamed them Cybermen) running around at the same time nulling my Chroma skills left right and centre, as fast as I killed them 3 more would spawn to replace them, I did end up beating Profit Taker but with no lives left, the Comba enemies were like a plague of ants.

Has anyone ever encountered this before? or was it just a bug I encountered.

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

Also iirc you shouldn't even have them if you deal with alert beacons fast. Have you been ignoring those?

That's the key: do not ignore the Reinforcement Beacons. The Terra Corpus will ramp in both in enemy variants and levels, from:

• Terra Jackal (Level 2)
  • Scyto Raknoid (Level 2/3)
  • Kyta Raknoid (Level 3/4)
  • Terra Overtakers (Level 2 or above)
  • Terra Combas (Level 4)

It will get worse in teams as there will be more than one type of reinforcements. If you're on Solo, you can gain significant distance from the Beacon to cause the Beacon to self-destruct. That tactic, however, will not work in teams.

31 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

I saw at most like 3 of them. That said I didn't do PT for a while now.

Also iirc you shouldn't even have them if you deal with alert beacons fast. Have you been ignoring those?

Hmm now you mention it I may have missed two of them, by the time I destroyed them the comba's just kept on coming like a mouse plague, I'll take more notice next time, it just seemed different than normal times I've done the fight, oh well I only go near her now when it's in Nightwave.

15 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Hmm now you mention it I may have missed two of them, by the time I destroyed them the comba's just kept on coming like a mouse plague,

Alert levels in the Vallis will die down like GTA/Just Cause, but that won't stop those enemy variants from continuing to spawn. Unless you're at the final phase of Profit Taker featuring the 5 minute time limit, you can go on top of the Vallis mushrooms or stay high and away from the fight to let the alert level die down. This will also despawn the Terra Corpus, effectively resetting the fight.

4 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Alert levels in the Vallis will die down like GTA/Just Cause, but that won't stop those enemy variants from continuing to spawn. Unless you're at the final phase of Profit Taker featuring the 5 minute time limit, you can go on top of the Vallis mushrooms or stay high and away from the fight to let the alert level die down. This will also despawn the Terra Corpus, effectively resetting the fight.

Yeah like I said, I may have missed some alert poles in the midst of the battle, I find if you do PT regularly you get more into a rhythm and it becomes the norm, I haven't down a PT fight since the last time it was in NW so being a bit rusty didn't help. :laugh:

Archived