Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The MR9 test is poorly designed

Darthplagueis13

It requires you to play stealthily, but not in a general Warframe kind of stealth.

Like, if I have to clear a spy mission, the last thing I'd do is try to sneak up on enemies who seem to have like 250° vision with a melee weapon. Warframe stealth doesn't work that way.

The fact that the easiest way to clear that mission is using Banshee with a gunblade should tell you just about everything you need to know about both how actual stealth in Warframe works and how much of an atrocity this mission is.

This test is busted, mainly the last part. A couple of years ago there was a similar thread, so I did a run of this test to see if it was broken, and there were numerous issues, such as enemies taking different paths with each respawn or incredibly large line of sight, which didn't even allow to learn the patterns well (like other stealth games do).

As some point DE broke the test with an update, because when I first tried it I had none of these issues.

21 minutes ago, Genitive said:

As some point DE broke the test with an update, because when I first tried it I had none of these issues.

No, they didn't break the test. Everything that is a part of the test got updated outside of the test. The test itself has never been updated to correlate with the updated mechanics.

• 2 months later...

Archived