Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Defense Map on Neptune Proteus is a Mess to Play...

MattHarrigan

Dear DE mapping team,

congrats on your achievements in the recent updates, you guys have done amazing work. I personally love most of the tileset in Warframes and especially some defense maps like Ceres and Pluto. The Kuva Fortress and new Neptune are awesome in general, with all the complexities and traps they are challenging. Recently though I often ran into this map being annoyed in each instance...

Just my 2 cents as a long time player on the Corpus defense map on Neptun Proteus... This map I feel is widely despised by me and most players that I meet, because of these reasons:

• Enemies spawning very far away in rooms, Almost each wave you have to track down enemies left and right.
  • They are hard to shoot because of the verticality map. If you're high, some spawn low and never get up, you have to jump down to get to them.
  • No high ground where you can easily hit them from, too much room for them to get stuck and covered.
  • As a result games on this map take longer than on all other defense maps.

As an interception map I think it works. Again, brilliant work on the game in general! Thanks for your hard work!

26 minutes ago, MattHarrigan said:

No high ground where you can easily hit them from, too much room for them to get stuck and covered

Those are exactly what they have in mind when designing new defence/interception map. It's too obvious since the change from Jupiter defence map where you can cover all 4 interception areas on 1 high ground. They don't want players to get easy anymore. So slowly more of such complicated maps will be introduced if they decided to change the old ones or add new ones.

13 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

It is definitely too big for defense missions due to the terrible AI that Warframe has. Interception is fine because the missions isn't paced depending on how fast you kill the enemies, but goddamn the defense is terrible.

Thanks for your view. Found out the hard way today that this map is also active on Phobos defense.

On 2021-09-17 at 1:29 AM, MattHarrigan said:

Just noticed this tileset is also active on Venus Romula :tired:

I feel its used everywhere nowdays on defense and I cry every time I see it. 

So many complaints about it too since its release but still its there. Do they have only one level designer lol? Youd think in a game this old thered be TONS of different map variations, especially considering how repetitive the game is. 

For defense maps especially, it would be quite easy to make new ones since they arent procedually generated from the tiles and are mostly very small. 

It would be interesting to see some of the newer Corpus tile-set stuff integrated with the older maps like this one.  Plus I think the surreal site of an automated Corpus store remaining fully functional even as a group of heavily armed Tenno are gunning down piles of Corpus personnel and drones right outside/inside. Or one of those Energy-shielded computer jockeys working peacefully as all the chaos happens around them like "Look at all of this bs that isn't my problem!"

Which I bring up since changing the map and adding new assets would be good excuses for each other.

Archived