Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Rework Idea: Sand Armour

(PSN)Dragonsl8r2001

This is mainly reworking Inaros’ passive to buff his current kit.

>current passive:  On fatal injury and entering Bleedout, Inaros enters an immobile Sarcophagus. Within his tomb, gradually filling his revive meter to allow Inaros to rise again.

>Reworked Passive: For every 10% of health transformed into scarab armour Inaros gains 500 temporary sand armour to his healthbar.

Sand Armour DR: Sand Armour has damage resistance equal to the current scarab armour %, which decreases with damage taken.
———————————

1. Dessication

Current ability: Blast enemies with a wave of cursed sand that blinds them and steals their health

Reworked ability: Still a sand spam that heals you for health but any overheal contributes as sand armour.

2. Devour

Current ability: trap target in quicksand and draw them in for devouring; this steals health and ultimately creates a friendly Sand Shadow.

Reworked ability: create an AoE quicksand pit that traps multiple enemies, if enemies are killed while trapped they turn into temporary sand shadows.

3. Sandstorm

Current ability: Become a whirling spiral of sand that sends enemies flying and devours those trapped in quicksand. 

Reworked ability: Rapidly dispel built up sand armour as slash damage, dealing true damage to enemies trapped in quicksand.

4. Scarab Swarm

Current ability: Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor. Discharge to blast enemies with a scarab swarm; survivors have their health drained and bestowed on allies.

Reworked ability: activates faster and charges faster.

—————————

Thoughts?, I’m not a game designer in any means I just play Inaros and want him to have a day where hes not called bad as well as have survivability in higher level content with blue shields

Link to my reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/pp944b/inaros_rework_idea_sand_armour/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Hi, I love Inaros and I really think it's a very nice frame and that some of his abilities could get a little rework.

His first is very nice as it opens to finishers (a good synergy with arcane trickery to make an invisible Inaros fot stealth gameplay) and the amount of healing you get from it can make you practically immortal.

His second is nice on normal level missions, but when you are on Steel Path, it's almost impossible to get a sand shadow, but it really helps to regenerate health and to stay invulnerable for a while. Your idea of an AoE is reety nice, i think.

His third is a good ability, and I use it on many mobile defense missions with full range. Ennemies are just on air like little flies around you. Very funny. It could nonetheless get more range or stop making ennemis fly away from it (it could have the same kind of reword Zephyr's fourth got)..

His fourth ability is my favorite : more armor and status invulnerability with aug mod. On infested missions, long runs of Arbitrage or Steel Path it's just great to stay alive. So, I don't really want it to change, sorry.

Conclusion : for me your ideas are nice, but the one I like the most is your rework proposition for Inaros second ability. I really like the other abilities the way they are, even though some stats (the range of third ability, for exemple) could be a bit buffed. Inaros is already an excellent tank, almost immortal, and I don't think he needs to get more tanky.

Long life to king Inaros ! 😆

Do you have any suggestions on what adjustments Inaros could use to make him a better warframe?, I thought the idea of him having a better cc ability (2) and damage ability (3).

It’s strange to see people on the warframe forums having a different opinion to the people who replied to the reddit post.

How the #*!% do I reply?

found it

On 2021-09-16 at 9:43 PM, Leqesai said:

Inaros could definitely use with some improvements but making him tankier (which is essentially what you're proposing here, as far as I can tell) is not what he needs. 

Do you have any suggestions on what adjustments Inaros could use to make him a better warframe?, I liked the idea of him having a better cc ability (2) and damage ability (3).

It’s strange to see people on the warframe forums having a different opinion to the people who replied to the reddit post.

On 2021-09-16 at 9:47 PM, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Hi, I love Inaros and I really think it's a very nice frame and that some of his abilities could get a little rework.

His first is very nice as it opens to finishers (a good synergy with arcane trickery to make an invisible Inaros fot stealth gameplay) and the amount of healing you get from it can make you practically immortal.

His second is nice on normal level missions, but when you are on Steel Path, it's almost impossible to get a sand shadow, but it really helps to regenerate health and to stay invulnerable for a while. Your idea of an AoE is reety nice, i think.

His third is a good ability, and I use it on many mobile defense missions with full range. Ennemies are just on air like little flies around you. Very funny. It could nonetheless get more range or stop making ennemis fly away from it (it could have the same kind of reword Zephyr's fourth got)..

His fourth ability is my favorite : more armor and status invulnerability with aug mod. On infested missions, long runs of Arbitrage or Steel Path it's just great to stay alive. So, I don't really want it to change, sorry.

Conclusion : for me your ideas are nice, but the one I like the most is your rework proposition for Inaros second ability. I really like the other abilities the way they are, even though some stats (the range of third ability, for exemple) could be a bit buffed. Inaros is already an excellent tank, almost immortal, and I don't think he needs to get more tanky.

Long life to king Inaros ! 😆

I find the problem with Inaros is his effectiveness falls off at higher level gameplay such as steel path and long survivals (endurance runs), His 1 is good for his self sustain which is why I kept it as it with slight adjustments to add sand armour, in my opinion although his 2 does temporarily make him immortal it does fixed damage and takes him out of the fight so for higher level enemy it takes a very long time for them to turn into sand shadows so unless you use his 1 augment you will never see sand shadows in higher level gameplay and even then his shadows arent that strong.

His 3, although they do slash damage is not a great cc imo cc if you can call it that because it flings enemies in random directions and has trouble killing higher level enemies also even with an ability like spellbind subsumed to keep them in place, so I figured a good change would be a higher damage ability at the cost of his additional armour pool 

His 4 only gives him an extra 400 armour and also takes him out of the fight, I like the ability though because I have the 4 augment which gives status immunity which is why I just chose to change it to activate faster and charge faster so you arent out of the fight as long.

Don’t get me wrong, for some reason I like Inaros and he is my most played but I just think He just needs more to his kit for higher level gameplay.

Also, if you have any suggestions I won’t mind hearing them.

The way I see it, inaros is the perfect frame to go all out with the weapon load out and enjoy using the weapons without worrying about dying.

With maxed out arcane grace and Magus elevate he becomes literally immortal.

Add the augment to his 4 and he doesnt even need primed sure footed. Just keep his 4 topped up and good to go.

I enjoy using inaros when I just wanna test out my weapons with little to no effort surviving.

Le 18/09/2021 à 01:56, (PSN)Dragonsl8r2001 a dit :

I find the problem with Inaros is his effectiveness falls off at higher level gameplay such as steel path and long survivals (endurance runs), His 1 is good for his self sustain which is why I kept it as it with slight adjustments to add sand armour, in my opinion although his 2 does temporarily make him immortal it does fixed damage and takes him out of the fight so for higher level enemy it takes a very long time for them to turn into sand shadows so unless you use his 1 augment you will never see sand shadows in higher level gameplay and even then his shadows arent that strong.

His 3, although they do slash damage is not a great cc imo cc if you can call it that because it flings enemies in random directions and has trouble killing higher level enemies also even with an ability like spellbind subsumed to keep them in place, so I figured a good change would be a higher damage ability at the cost of his additional armour pool 

His 4 only gives him an extra 400 armour and also takes him out of the fight, I like the ability though because I have the 4 augment which gives status immunity which is why I just chose to change it to activate faster and charge faster so you arent out of the fight as long.

Don’t get me wrong, for some reason I like Inaros and he is my most played but I just think He just needs more to his kit for higher level gameplay.

Also, if you have any suggestions I won’t mind hearing them.

Hi, thanks.

I don't think Inaros' effectiveness falls off at higher level gameplay. Even on steel path, he is almost imortal. With Adaptation + Arcane Guardian + Arcane Grace + Negation Swarm (Aug Mod for 4th) , there is no problem on long survavil runs, even on Steel Path. Arbitrations are a piece of cake with Inaros.

His second ability is almost useless to make Sand Shadows on high level, I absolutely agree with that, but it's still very useful to regenerate Inaros HP while using his 3rd (with Rage or Hunter Adrenaline, it's a way to have continuous energy regeneration).

I would just change these 3 points :

1) His third ability could have more range. 7,5m base range is not enough. I'd like to have 10m base range. It could also leech more life from enemies affected by his second, in order to make Sand Shadows more easily.

2) His second could be a scaling damage ability based on a percentage of the enemies helth. As an exemple : it could leech 10% of the enemy's life per second (percentage affected by power strengh mods, but with a maximum cap). This way, it would be much easier to make sand shadows and we woudn't have to leech steel path enemies' life for almost half an hour till they become a sand shadow.

3) The scarab swarm spread radius could be bigger, 5 meters (not affected by mods) is really not enough. I would say much more than this : 10m or 15m It could at least be affected by range mods.

Anyway, I really like Inaros abilities, I just think they could be buffed the same way they buffed Yareli's abilities.

What you think ?

Archived