Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Rewards: PS4 vs PC (Discount Codes)

(PSN)Wanderer1708

Hey everyone;

I submitted this with Warframe Support (primarily as I didn’t know this site existed) and they suggested I post what I said here, so I’ll copy/paste it below.

—————————————————————

To whom it may concern,

I have been playing Warframe a bit recently and came across something I would like explained to me. I was looking up what daily rewards people can get and learned that there are version exclusives: whilst PC gets discounts for buying Platinum, PS4 gets a discount for the market board (yet only for some items - not for things like weapon slots) (see attached picture). Can I ask why this is? I was talking to some other friends who play on PC (I play on PS4) and they were rather outraged at this difference - one person saying “the main time I buy platinum is when I’ve got a discount code”, and someone else saying that they likely never would buy platinum without the codes. Honestly, I feel the same way, and am somewhat upset that it feels like this aspect of the game has been made needlessly harder for me to access.

Considering how platinum can’t be earned, and can only be Real-Money-Bought or traded, it feels somewhat unfair and that it will only cause some confusion/similar reactions when the game becomes cross-platform.

I would very much appreciate an explanation as to why this is.

E.

———————————————

?name=77CD77E4-96F2-48AF-A815-32BA5C45AC

Another one of these threads?

Will DE change it? Maybe when they add Cross Play/Save. But they might just organize their platinum the same way that Destiny 2 does with their premium currency. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo may also be taking a cut of the profits from plat purchases (citation needed), they would not be happy if DE let coupons work on Console Plat. TennoGen content on PC costs cash because some of the profits go towards Steam and the Tenno Artists (citation needed). Steam provides the platform for Tenno to post their TennoGen content and the medium for voting on them. Console coupons don't work on TennoGen because that plat value already needs to be cut for Steam's profits (again, citation needed).

For all we know, DE may remove all coupons from the game in order to institute Cross Play/Save. As for any "explanation as to why this is", I would guess the answer is "napkin math".

For the most up-to-date official information on Cross-Play and Cross-Save, refer to this thread:

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Wanderer1708 said:

Hey everyone;

I submitted this with Warframe Support (primarily as I didn’t know this site existed) and they suggested I post what I said here, so I’ll copy/paste it below.

—————————————————————

To whom it may concern,

I have been playing Warframe a bit recently and came across something I would like explained to me. I was looking up what daily rewards people can get and learned that there are version exclusives: whilst PC gets discounts for buying Platinum, PS4 gets a discount for the market board (yet only for some items - not for things like weapon slots) (see attached picture). Can I ask why this is? I was talking to some other friends who play on PC (I play on PS4) and they were rather outraged at this difference - one person saying “the main time I buy platinum is when I’ve got a discount code”, and someone else saying that they likely never would buy platinum without the codes. Honestly, I feel the same way, and am somewhat upset that it feels like this aspect of the game has been made needlessly harder for me to access.

Considering how platinum can’t be earned, and can only be Real-Money-Bought or traded, it feels somewhat unfair and that it will only cause some confusion/similar reactions when the game becomes cross-platform.

I would very much appreciate an explanation as to why this is.

E.

———————————————

?name=77CD77E4-96F2-48AF-A815-32BA5C45AC

This makes no sense. I didn’t even know it was like this….

If cross platform comes out you really need to fix this DE, because I tell you, things will become chaotic.

Why are there console exclusive rewards? Then 1 will become better than the other, people will get confused, angry and it’s just unfair.

Just give everybody the same reward…

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

Another one of these threads?

Will DE change it? Maybe when they add Cross Play/Save. But they might just organize their platinum the same way that Destiny 2 does with their premium currency. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo may also be taking a cut of the profits from plat purchases (citation needed), they would not be happy if DE let coupons work on Console Plat. TennoGen content on PC costs cash because some of the profits go towards Steam and the Tenno Artists (citation needed). Steam provides the platform for Tenno to post their TennoGen content and the medium for voting on them. Console coupons don't work on TennoGen because that plat value already needs to be cut for Steam's profits (again, citation needed).

For all we know, DE may remove all coupons from the game in order to institute Cross Play/Save. As for any "explanation as to why this is", I would guess the answer is "napkin math".

For the most up-to-date official information on Cross-Play and Cross-Save, refer to this thread:

Napkin math?

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Napkin math?

I'm referring to when DE does something, they think it is the best decision at the time. Here is a recent example of "napkin math" that players did not agree with.

Quote:

• "Our napkin math indicated that between the better crit stats and innate elemental bonus, the Kuva Hek without the augment is stronger than the basic Hek with the augment."

yPZjYeZ.png

2 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I'm referring to when DE does something, they think it is the best decision at the time. Here is a recent example of "napkin math" that players did not agree with.

Quote:

• "Our napkin math indicated that between the better crit stats and innate elemental bonus, the Kuva Hek without the augment is stronger than the basic Hek with the augment."

yPZjYeZ.png

Ahh I remember that. Okay I get it.

But tbh, napkin math won’t be accurate most of the time, and from what I’m seeing most napkin math is being disagreed with by players (worded that wrong?)

Most players disagree with napkin maths so it won’t be accurate some times.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Why are there console exclusive rewards? Then 1 will become better than the other, people will get confused, angry and it’s just unfair.

Just give everybody the same reward…

You can't demand DE have Warframe be exactly the same across all platforms while supporting the main offender as to why games are different on a per platform basis in todays world.

Individual consoles having exclusives or different standards to PC is normal, and it's even worse in regards to Sony and how they'll demand gear be locked to PS4/5. If you didn't agree with it, then you shouldn't have given Sony money.

Just now, Yamazuki said:

You can't demand DE have Warframe be exactly the same across all platforms while supporting the main offender as to why games are different on a per platform basis in todays world.

Individual consoles having exclusives is standard, and it's even worse in regards to Sony. If you didn't agree with it, then you shouldn't have given Sony money.

🤔 okay let’s see.

Different platforms have platform exclusive skins,

Different gameplay, (of course)

Different ways to purchase in-game items

Some platform exclusive content,

And now platform exclusive daily rewards

The others are understandable and fine but daily rewards? Like soon there’s gonna be x100000 platinum as a reward for day 1500 on PC and nowhere else.

Give DE some time and patience on cross platform. The game has so many differences between builds and an insane amount of platform exclusives. Not to mention the differences in economies, TennoGen for Platinum, and other discrepancies. DE needs to take their time and be careful in these decisions otherwise you could easily create a problem.

Archived