Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Stances on Exalted Weapons

Joezone619

This would fix most of the issues i have with valkyr's talons personally, thought it might be interesting to implement for other frames too though. Most of valkyr's exalted weapon's combos are so slow, only the slide attack is viable, and by that i mean i only use the slide because the other animations are that bad.

If we were able to interchange the stance with other stances for claw weapons, that'd pretty much fix the problem for me. 

Quick Warframe History Lesson:

'Stances' for the Ability Melee weapons are not Melee Stances.

The abilities were originally designed with custom animations and were completely un-moddable. Only after the change that allowed them to be modded in any way was the animation set given a 'stance' card.

These animation sets do not have bonus Mod Points on them, nor can they be un-equipped, and they are not ranked up by Endo. They were only added to make the UI visually the same as the other mod screens and to give players the actual button combos for the ability.

Thus, there is no changing the Stance for the Ability Melee because they aren't Stances, they're just Abilities that happen to have melee combos.

The more you know...

Besides, as annoying as some of the animations for Hysteria are, it's the only melee in the game that has built-in Finishers for the combos. The last press of Fervor and the second press of Delirium (basic combo and block combo respectively) have a two-hit front, back or ground Finisher attack. This is important because it converts a large portion of your modded damage into True Damage, making Valkyr's Hysteria animations the only melee animations in the game that will deal True Damage on basic combo inputs, without any form of primer.

8 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Quick Warframe History Lesson:

'Stances' for the Ability Melee weapons are not Melee Stances.

The abilities were originally designed with custom animations and were completely un-moddable. Only after the change that allowed them to be modded in any way was the animation set given a 'stance' card.

These animation sets do not have bonus Mod Points on them, nor can they be un-equipped, and they are not ranked up by Endo. They were only added to make the UI visually the same as the other mod screens and to give players the actual button combos for the ability.

Thus, there is no changing the Stance for the Ability Melee because they aren't Stances, they're just Abilities that happen to have melee combos.

The more you know...

Besides, as annoying as some of the animations for Hysteria are, it's the only melee in the game that has built-in Finishers for the combos. The last press of Fervor and the second press of Delirium (basic combo and block combo respectively) have a two-hit front, back or ground Finisher attack. This is important because it converts a large portion of your modded damage into True Damage, making Valkyr's Hysteria animations the only melee animations in the game that will deal True Damage on basic combo inputs, without any form of primer.

Even still, a tenno is a master of many weapons, you don't think they should be able to spice up their exalted melee from time to time? I honestly don't see why this wasn't added sooner.

55 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Even still, a tenno is a master of many weapons, you don't think they should be able to spice up their exalted melee from time to time? I honestly don't see why this wasn't added sooner.

Again, because it's not going to be added.

These are Abilities, not Melee Weapons (as far as the Devs, the game design and the Lore are concerned).

Archived