Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After NYX adjustments, what about HYDROID ?

AegidiusF

Last year, DE revisited some frames' abilities : Chroma, Nidus, Atlas, Zephyr, ..., recently the made some changes on NYX abilities, but there is still one frame that is asking for a little rework for a long time : HYDROID.

I really like Hydroid, but the mechanics of this frame are a bit old and did not follow the game evolution.

I'm not asking to replace his abilities for different ones, but just to update their stats (more range and more duration) and to eliminate the charging mechanics for his 1st and 4th abilities.

I really would like to see some adjustments and buffs on Hydroid. Hope it will come soon and he'll be the next frame to be revisited.

They already did it at some point, you can hold the abilities to make them a little stronger !

Aren't you extatic ? Isn't that exactly what he needed ?

You're welcome bud !

(Oh you already mentionned it... ah well I'm proud of my unfunny joke, I'm leaving it in)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Hydroid has been really swept under the rug lately. They did the same thing with Titania when she came out and with other frames. After they were born they ignored them cause they just didn't care. Hydroid no longer fills a niche, his niche has been overtaken by frames that do his job better, faster, and easier, just like old Vauban. And I think that's where we should start. Vauban and hydroid were both underused, underwhelming frames with so much cc but precious little else to offer. When DPS meta came and stayed they lost their footing, and even in mission types where cc is more useful their skills are barely used when the floor is being wiped with bodies before hydroid can even charge up his 4. Vauban however, regained his footing after his rework. His weak zap trap became invincible roving Taser balls, passive cc and damage. His minelayer got changes, he got scaling damage, extra cc, self damage boosting, and the other grenade that nobody talks about and I wont either cause its useless. He got a group nuke on his 3 and his 4 combined his two main cc abilities into one. Vauban never lost his cc, but his mechanics were improved and he received loads of extra usefulness. Basically what I'm saying is, turn Hydroid over to Pablo and co'.

On 2021-09-30 at 4:22 PM, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Last year, DE revisited some frames' abilities : Chroma, Nidus, Atlas, Zephyr, ..., recently the made some changes on NYX abilities, but there is still one frame that is asking for a little rework for a long time : HYDROID.

I really like Hydroid, but the mechanics of this frame are a bit old and did not follow the game evolution.

I'm not asking to replace his abilities for different ones, but just to update their stats (more range and more duration) and to eliminate the charging mechanics for his 1st and 4th abilities.

I really would like to see some adjustments and buffs on Hydroid. Hope it will come soon and he'll be the next frame to be revisited.

Rework idea:

Tempest barrage.  Increased duration, range, and a little bit increased damage. 

Tidal wave. Little bit more damage, and maybe give it a charge too to increase wave length and maybe give us the ability to control direction?

Puddle mode. More range, more damage increase.

Tentacle swarm. More range, maybe more damage (or add scaling damage) more duration, and let it be recast multiple times or increase tentacle cap. 

small addition: you know how some sort of beast spawns for a few seconds after using tentacle swarm? Maybe  turn that into a temporary summoned ally that attacks enemies or buffs you? That would be sick.

Archived