Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My totally personal analysis on starchart bosses.

Kaichi16

Bosses:

According to Wikipedia, “Bosses are generally far stronger than other opponents the player has faced up to that point and winning requires a greater knowledge of the game's mechanics.” Now let’s look at warframe bosses, the strategy(taken from wikia) to fight them and then my commentaries (consider all my experience with those are in solo battles).

(TL;DR: invulnerability is a cheap lazy mechanic and corpus bosses don't feel like bosses. make bosses take less damage on normal hits and full damage on their weak spots instead. and remake mutalist alad v, he's just. no.)

Captain Vor:

Strategy: Aside from depleting his shields and health, there is little in the way of strategy to the overall battle; simply damage him, wait out his invulnerability from his Sphere Shield, and repeat until he dies.

Recomended Equip: Any. 

Starchart: He’s the first boss you’ll fight, so this much complexity is okay. Good boss.

Steel Path: And... well, nothing changes, i guess? I mean, he's tougher, but... yeh.

Jackal:

Strategy:

• Phase 1: Destroy one leg, survive Grid Wall and Massive Shockwave, then stab with Parazon.
  • Phase 2: Repeat above three more times until it is defeated.

Recomended Equip: My favorite jackal slayer is Hildryn. Keep your 4 activated when he uses the gridwall to glide over it, then deactivate it when he stop it. if you time it properly, you won't be knocked away by the shockwave and you can stab him with the parazon imediately.

Starchart: It is a bit too strong for a starter boss, but I think it’s okay, it teaches how to use the parazon and stuff, it servers its purpose. Good Boss

Steel Path: okay, now the grid wall REALLY hurts. be very careful.

Lieutenant Lech Kril:

Strategy:

• Phase 1: Shoot the coolant pack on his back when it is neon blue, then attack Kril after he freezes himself with an overhead hammer swing. Repeat until all four pipes are dislodged. Kril uses a Gorgon and Cold melee attacks.
  • Phase 2: Attack Kril until he is defeated. Kril exclusively uses Heat melee attacks.

Recomended Equip: I would suggest AoE weapons, to hit his back. Maybe an armor remover frame/ability? (ash's seeking shuriken + aug, banshee's sound blast + aug, nyx' psychic bolts, etc...)

Starchart: I think the problems start from here… the first full invulnerable boss. For me, it feels like just a way to make the fight last longer. Also, there’s no indication you should shoot the thingy on his back? I know it’s a shiny thing, but I think there should be some kind of indication… Why is he invulnerable? Because cryo-bag? 

Steel Path: Now the long fight becomes longer. Invulnerability + tons of armor...

The Sergeant:

Strategy: Aside from depleting his shields and health, there is little in the way of strategy to the overall battle.

Recomended Equip: ... Really? Okay, bring something that can stop him in place, his only thing is running away. (Khora's ensnare, bla bla bla...) if you really need, get magnetic/toxin weapons.

Starchart:This is the worst boss in game because it does not feel like a boss. It’s a regular enemy with a health bar. His ONLY trick is to go invisible if you don’t kill him right away.

Steel Path: ...

Let’s skip Ceres boss fight because it’s just Captain Vor and Lech Krill together and it makes no difference. The same fight, you can ignore one and fight the other even at lowest levels.

Alad V:

Strategy: Alad V cannot be taken down until Zanuka is slain first. However, its shields have innate damage reduction and therefore are extremely durable, but will vanish once Alad V's own shields are depleted. Avoid using Toxin damage against Alad, as they ignore shields.

Recomended Equip: Tanky frames(i always bring hildryn) and radiation weapons.

Starchart: Oh I like this one. Zanuka is pretty mobile and has some strong attacks for new players, while Alad V runs away and sometimes provides support. It took me a while to find out I had to kill Zanuka first. Sadly, all you have to do is shoot it. It doesn’t require “greater knowledge of game mechanics”.

Steel Path: Zanuka is tankier. oh, and there are more mobs around.

Lephantis:

Strategy:

• Phase 1: Wait for Lephantis's heads to emerge and reveal their weakspot, then deplete their health.
  • Phase 2: All of Lephantis's heads are now permanently active. Repeat above once more.

Recomended Equip: I like using titania. her dex pixia does a lot of damage, if you mod for corrosive. Otherwise, use frames with slowing abilities to make his weakspots revealed for longer(sevagoth's gloom, nova's molecular prime...)

Starchart: Invulnerable boss. Wait, shoot, wait, shoot. Also it has 60% damage reduction in phase 1 and 70% in phase 2 because… reasons?

Steel Path: DAMN, THIS IS LONG. Like i said before, invulnerability + tons of armor/health AND NOW DAMAGE REDUCTION makes this fight long as hell. It's not hard, it's boring.

Councilor Vay Hek:

Strategy:

• Phase 1: Vay Hek's drone form will engage the Tenno three times throughout the tileset. He will flee after sustaining some damage or the Tenno moving further into the mission.
  • Phase 2: Vay Hek retreats to his boss arena. The Tenno must wait for him to use his Propaganda Broadcast to expose his head and backpack weakspots and fully deplete his health.
  • Phase 3: Vay Hek summons his Terra Frame and boards it. Defeat the Terra Frame, which is constantly vulnerable to damage unlike the drone form.

Recomended Equip: Vay Hek will deplete your energy with his constant magnetic beam thingy, so i'd bring a frame that doesn't use/doesn't care about energy(nezha + warding halo, rhino + iron skin, inaros + scarab swarm(aug), etc...) or just equip arcane nullifier. For weapons, bring shotguns modded for corrosive + blast.

Starchart: Half-invulnerable boss. Wait, shoot, wait, shoot. His terra frame is pretty interesting, though. It has shockwave if the player is too close, charges at players in medium range and launches missiles that deal high damage. It also launches drones that reduce player’s shields and calls orbital strikes. I like it, it killed me a bunch of times when I was newbie. Its map is also pretty interesting, with stuff that explode and change the map. But the invulnerability phase is boring. Just wait, shoot and cry because magnetic procs.

Steel Path: oh god, his first and second phases are boring as hell... it takes so long!! There's a high place in his arena, i just stay there. he'll fly under it and his back weakspot will be shootable(when it's exposed). third phase is fun, i guess. 

The Raptors:

Strategy: In order to defeat the Raptors, they must be killed to drop their explosive Power Cell, which detonates in 10 seconds after spawning. Players must pick up the cell, carry them to the top of a Gravity Conveyor, and hit the weapon switch key to drop the cell into the conveyor, destroying it and the facility beneath. This must be done to all three Conveyors to complete the assassination.

Recomended Equip: MAG. okay, hear me out, mag's magnetize + a radiation/magnetic non-hitscan weapon will MELT them. also, you can use polarize aug to stop mobs in the arena.

Starchart: It… doesn’t feel much like a boss to me, somehow…? I don’t know, it feels like phase 1 of a boss fight. Yeah, raptors are really tough if you are a beginner, it got me killed to a point I had to finish the silver grove quest because I thought (titania)flying would help. But just because it was difficult for me, it doesn’t mean it was a good boss. (Also there’s a raptor in index-[Neptune] even though we destroyed the raptor farm-[europa]? Why? How? We did it for nothing?)

Steel Path: It's exactly the same, but there are more mobs in the arena. and they take a bit longer to die? i guess?

General Sargas Ruk:

Strategy: The Tenno only need to wait for Ruk to expose his weak spots, while carefully avoiding attacks from Ruk and his reinforcing Grineer soldiers.

Recomended Equip: TANK. as you have to wait a lot till he feels like exposing his weak spots. Nezha, Rhino, Nyx(assimilate). you can even use ember(immolation = 90% damage reduction). Bring a radiation sniper or shotgun or... anything precise to hit its weakspots. 

Starchart: Invulnerable boss. Wait, shoot, wait, shoot, wait shoot. It’s getting boring by now. Yes, yes, he has some nice powers, bla, bla, fire, but in the end it’s just wait and shoot. It wasn’t a problem even when I was newbie, it was just a long boring fight. Also, there’s no explanation why he’s invulnerable. Because fire, I guess.

Steel Path: more enemies in the arena. yey. and tons of armor. 

Tyl Regor:

Strategy:

• Phase 1: Deplete Tyl Regor's health down a third.
  • Phase 2: Regor floods the bottom layer and disappears to spawn Drekar Manics. Kill the Manic reinforcements to force Regor to return. Damage Regor's health down a third again.
  • Phase 3: Regor floods the middle layer, with the water now dealing Electricity damage. Kill the next set of Drekar Manics and Drekar Manic Bombards that appear. Deplete Regor's remaining health.

Recomended Equip: don't judge me, i like using nidus vs him. build stacks before entering the arena, use parasitic link on tyl regor and just melee(any melee weapon modded for radiation) the crap out of him. as he's VERY agile, melee feels better(for me) as you don't have to aim while he's jumping like a soleil cirque member. 

Starchart: Is it weird that I like this one? Regor is REALLY agile; he keeps jumping around the map, beats the hell out of you at close range and shoots his fists at medium range. It feels like a boss. You have to run, jump, keep aiming and shooting at him, deal with environment hazard.

Steel Path: he... takes... longer to die, BUT the fight is still fun, i guess. 

Hyena Pack:

Strategy: While Tenno only need to damage the Hyena until they die, this can prove to be difficult from the Pack's tactics. As such, it may be better to divide and conquer, focusing down one Hyena at a time. The spawn count is dependent on player count.

Recomended Equip: CONSTANT MAGNETIC PROCS. I, ME, MYSELF like using hildryn("BUT, KAICHI, THE MAGNETIC PROCS WILL MELT YOUR SHIELD!" shh!). hildryn's pillage will clear the magnetic proc and will reduce enemies' armor/shields. it's also good to bring something that can stop them in place, like khora's ensnare. Weapon? Radiation.

Starchart: Translation: “Shoot it”. Another one that doesn’t feel like a boss. They keep jumping and doing status procs but it does not really matter which of the 4 hyena types they are, only 2 are spawned and they basically do the same: jump, shoot specific elemental whatever and jump more. No mechanics, you just have to shoot it. My first time killing it was easy as hell, I used khora to stop its movements and just killed them. Aaaand there are hyenas in index, so… why did we destroy those 2? Why is this boss battle? Destroying 2 won’t destroy the pack.

Steel Path: i'm not sure why i'm commenting on steel path... everything is exactly the same, but you need more power/be tankier to kill them.

Mutalist Alad V:

Strategy: Alad V is completely invulnerable to all types of damage while his collar is equipped. Alad V becomes vulnerable when he attempts to attack back with his collar. When another Tenno is controlled, the others should concentrate fire on Alad V while avoiding attacks from the mind-controlled Tenno. Slash and Toxin attacks can still proc even when Alad is invulnerable, though the damage is only dealt when his collar is removed.

Recomended Equip: PATIENCE. also, bring something tanky and that wont care about energy. the arena is full of ancient disruptors and those will erase your energy in one touch. OH wait, i just saw something in wikia, check this:

• "Trinity with Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise and Blind Rage can use Energy Vampire to deal true damage up to 25% of Alad V's total HP in 1.125 second. Because Energy Vampire bypasses shield and Alad V at sortie level has tremendous amount of HP, this can out-damage any weapon a Tenno can use, as almost no weapon can exploit such a short window of vulnerability while dealing this immense DPS and bypassing shield at the same time. However, one should take care if bringing Trinity, as Alad V can mind control her and use her Blessing to fully heal himself as well as give him a damage resistance buff."

Starchart: For the lack of a better word, I have to say: this fight is a huge piece of sh*t. INVULNERABLE. BOSS. AGAIN. And this one is way worse. Wait till he randomly decides to attack you and THEN you have some seconds to attack it? Maybe less, maybe one second? He’s not strong, he basically moves and and shoots toxic while being invulnerable and you have TO WAIT.

Steel Path: this fight... oh god, i just cant. it's not hard... if you bring a tank frame, its toxin damage wont be a problem... BUT. IT'S SO LONG. AND BORING. what game mechanic is this testing my knowledge of? the mechanic of waiting? having the patience of a budha?

Zealot Prelate:

Strategy:

• Phase 1: Damage the Zealoid Prelate until half health.
  • Phase 2: Seek out Zealoid Bastion and kill it, take its light and bring it back to the Prelate to remove its invulnerability. Damage Prelate until it regains invulnerability, destroys the light, and links to all Infested in the room. Kill all linked Infested. Repeat until Prelate dies.

Recomended Equip: weirdly... i like using valkyr here... mod her claws for gas and there you go.

Starchart: Half invulnerable boss, BUT I like this one. It’s… not good, but it can be fun to fight, I guess?

Steel Path: same fight, but take a bit longer.

Jordas Golem:

Strategy: Simply follow the Golem, get into an angle where the engines are vulnerable, and shoot until it dies.

Recomended Equip: use amesha if you're taking too much damage. for weapon, i'd use the mausolon modded for corrosive. 

Starchart: Archwing missions are already boring and this one, oh boy, it damn boring. At least, his weakspot it vulnerable all the time, but the fight takes REALLY LONG. It should be a great boss, but it’s just fly, shoot, fly, shoot. Its infested minion almost never even touch you, they just stand still.

Steel Path: same fight, but tankier. 

Kela de thaym:

Strategy:

• Phase 1: Tenno must stand on one-to-four lit-up pads and fire their weapons at a nearby spinning device concealing a green light. Engage Kela and deplete her health down by a third.
  • Phase 2: The bridges on the outer ring will depress. Kela disappears to initiate Orbital Strikes. After evading the strikes, Tenno must stand on four lit-up pads and fire their weapons at a nearby spinning device until all four of its green lights are shot. Orbital Strikes repeat every 15 seconds. Engage Kela again and deplete her health down by another third.
  • Phase 3: The bridges on the middle ring will depress. Essentially a repeat of Phase 2.

Recomended Equip: MESA. her regulators(radiation) will melt kela. also bring a nice precise weapon for the spinning device minigame. 

Starchart: This is nice, Kela is a bullet sponge, but somehow her fight is interesting. Different phases, environment hazard and a small timed minigame. I think the mechanics we need to have great knowledge for this fight are bullet jumping, to dodge orbital strikes and precise aim to do the minigame. Kinda too late in the game, but it’s a nice fight, in my opinion.

Steel Path: same fight, but she's tankier and does more damage.

Ambulas:

Strategy: Kill ambulas, hack its console, defend till dropship gets it. Repeat it a few times.

Recomended Equip: MESA. her regulators(radiation) will melt ambulas and anything that try to reactivate them.

Starchart: Meh, ambulas are bullet sponges too.

• The Ambulas' gun and back are not protected by plates, but these spots receive significantly reduced damage. While its shields are up, the gun has a 0.1x multiplier and the back has a 0.5x multiplier while shields are up. When the shields are down, the gun has a 0.01x multiplier and the back has a 0.05x multiplier. “ (WHY?)

I don’t have much to say about it, it feels like generic corpus battle.

Steel Path: they are spongier. and do more damage. 

Ropalolyst:

Strategy: 

• Phase 1: Maneuver toward one of the capacitor towers, lure Giant Laser onto the tower, deplete Ropalolyst's shields with Operator Void Beam, mount Ropalolyst using Warframe, and steer Ropalolyst onto the supercharged tower.
  • Phase 2: Destroy Synovia with gunfire, activate Terren Charger terminal.
  • Phase 3: Repeat above two more times until it is defeated. On the final grounding, its entire body is vulnerable.

Recomended Equip: titania because arena. bring your best long ranged amp, you'll need it. i'd suggest X-1-7. mod your dex pixia for radiation, multishot and raw damage, ropalolyst is immune to status procs.

Starchart: The first sentient boss! And… it’s nice, I guess? Different phases, environment changes, bla, bla, bla. I think I don’t like it because it’s a bit too long, it restricts your mobility-type abilities in a fight that requires lots of mobility, its grab is pretty much unavoidable and lasts too long, the lasers deal too much damage and you can’t aim properly. 

Steel Path: THIS IS HELL. his lasers do too much damage, they'll 1-hitkill you if you don't move. also the shield part is so looooong. our operator cant do enough damage and it keeps flying away. 

Okay, so those were the starchart bosses. If I get some feedback, I’ll talk about the other bosses, eidolons, orbs, etc. and yes, I’m ignoring Phorid as it’s just a big charger.

Thanks very much for reading~

Edit1: added info about hyena pack, not that it changes anything.

Edit2: added steel path comments and recomended gear. just remember, this is how I, ME, MYSELF play the game. you can use whatever you want.

5 hours ago, Kaichi16 said:

They keep jumping and doing status procs but it does not really matter which of the 4 hyena types they are, only 2 are spawned and they basically do the same:

The spawn count is dependent on player count (unless it is bugged). It seems to be more “population control” than killing the whole pack.

16 hours ago, krc473 said:

The spawn count is dependent on player count (unless it is bugged). It seems to be more “population control” than killing the whole pack.

21 hours ago, Kaichi16 said:

(consider all my experience with those are in solo battles).

Every boss feels incredibly lazy which is depressing. 

Sergeant and Phorid I think desperately need changes since they are pretty much stock models of the charger and corpus crewman and can run right through them no problem. 

Ceres should be replaced with new models of Ven'kra Tel and Sprag theres a better duo right there. 

Mutalist Alad V should be removed completely I think it muddies up the lore same with Captain Vor in the Void if they do keep it then you can only versus against them in quests think that would be cool. 

Quests are a whole other issue but yeah feel you

6 hours ago, (PSN)AvariceIdol said:

Mutalist Alad V should be removed completely I think it muddies up the lore same with Captain Vor in the Void if they do keep it then you can only versus against them in quests think that would be cool. 

i agree with mutalist alad v, or at least dont make him invulnerable.

but, hey, how about corrupted captain vor being a returning miniboss? each 10minutes(survival), he comes back, stronger and using maybe one new ability? i think each survival mission NEEDS a mini boss... it feels stupid, they be like:

"hm... this tenno's been slaughtering us for around 40minutes, shouldn't we send someone strong to deal with them?"

"PFFF, nah, send more generic troops"

grineer could have a weakened version of the boss of current planet, which retreats before dying(so he's still alive in his assassination node).

corpus could have... well... generic robots, but stronger generic robots. those can be killed as they can just make more for assassination nodes. 

orokin = corrupted vor. himself says "FOREVER BOUND TO THE VOID" then he should be forever and just revive.

infested can have phorid or some crap(juggernault does count as a boss, i think? but he's pretty annoying). idk, i'm still waiting for infested rework, we need new unities and balance the old ones.

I do agree with the survival thing have a mini boss every so often just think its lazy they put Captain Vor back in gotta face off against him again no real character development and his model is just him without an abdomen got some celestial kind of thing instead. 

I think instead of using a "beacon" for characters like Zanuka and Wolf of Saturn Six that they should just appear and appear a bit more often like 25, 30 percent of the time playing certain missions. Wolf of Saturn Six could appear in rescue missions considering its a prison, anywhere really if he's free lore wise. 

They introduced Zealots with the Emissary nightwave episode, those dudes really did some damage would be great for minibosses 

On 2021-10-03 at 5:43 AM, Kaichi16 said:

Lieutenant Lech Kril:

Phase 1: Shoot the coolant pack on his back when it is neon blue, then attack Kril after he freezes himself with an overhead hammer swing. Repeat until all four pipes are dislodged. Kril uses a Gorgon and Cold melee attacks.

Phase 2: Attack Kril until he is defeated. Kril exclusively uses Heat melee attacks.

I think the problems start from here… the first full invulnerable boss. For me, it feels like just a way to make the fight last longer. Also, there’s no indication you should shoot the thingy on his back? I know it’s a shiny thing, but I think there should be some kind of indication… Why is he invulnerable? Because cryo-bag?

Agreed. Most good weak-point bosses give some kind of indicator - the area being glowing, or a different colour... that sort of thing. Kril's doesn't.

The Sergeant:

Aside from depleting his shields and health, there is little in the way of strategy to the overall battle.

This is the worst boss in game because it does not feel like a boss. It’s a regular enemy with a health bar. His ONLY trick is to go invisible if you don’t kill him right away.

I maintain that the perfect rework would be to have several more complex mini-bosses, and then have a big build up to 'THE SERGEANT'... only for him to be the same fight he is now. Lean into the joke, and subvert the 'seniority = strength' trope.

Alad V:

Alad V cannot be taken down until Zanuka is slain first. However, its shields have innate damage reduction and therefore are extremely durable, but will vanish once Alad V's own shields are depleted. Avoid using Toxin damage against Alad, as they ignore shields.

Oh I like this one. Zanuka is pretty mobile and has some strong attacks for new players, while Alad V runs away and sometimes provides support. It took me a while to find out I had to kill Zanuka first. Sadly, all you have to do is shoot it. It doesn’t require “greater knowledge of game mechanics”.

Honestly, it's a puzzle boss, and those DO get solved after the first, but there's really no issue with that. The first time is fun.

I think the only real issue is that there's no clear indicator. I think a Lotus line mentioning a 'shield-link mod' attatched to Zanuka if they wail away for too long might help clue players in.

Councilor Vay Hek:

Phase 1: Vay Hek's drone form will engage the Tenno three times throughout the tileset. He will flee after sustaining some damage or the Tenno moving further into the mission.

Phase 2: Vay Hek retreats to his boss arena. The Tenno must wait for him to use his Propaganda Broadcast to expose his head and backpack weakspots and fully deplete his health.

Phase 3: Vay Hek summons his Terra Frame and boards it. Defeat the Terra Frame, which is constantly vulnerable to damage unlike the drone form.

Half-invulnerable boss. Wait, shoot, wait, shoot. His terra frame is pretty interesting, though. It has shockwave if the player is too close, charges at players in medium range and launches missiles that deal high damage. It also launches drones that reduce player’s shields and calls orbital strikes. I like it, it killed me a bunch of times when I was newbie. Its map is also pretty interesting, with stuff that explode and change the map. But the invulnerability phase is boring. Just wait, shoot and cry because magnetic procs.

I've always found it bizzare, phase 3 actually has some decent design, despite the fact that its EHP is so small that by the time you actually encounter it, you've likely got access to a wealth of powerful equipment that can shred it. I find it bizzare because how can THAT be well designed after... well, phases 1 and 2.

Also, after the last weak-point-boss, I feel the need to point out that Vey Hek's weak points glow when he's NOT vulnerable...

The Raptors:

In order to defeat the Raptors, they must be killed to drop their explosive Power Cell, which detonates in 10 seconds after spawning. Players must pick up the cell, carry them to the top of a Gravity Conveyor, and hit the weapon switch key to drop the cell into the conveyor, destroying it and the facility beneath. This must be done to all three Conveyors to complete the assassination.

It… doesn’t feel much like a boss to me, somehow…? I don’t know, it feels like phase 1 of a boss fight. Yeah, raptors are really tough if you are a beginner, it got me killed to a point I had to finish the silver grove quest because I thought flying would help. But just because it was difficult for me, it doesn’t mean it was a good boss. (Also there’s a raptor in index-[Neptune] even though we destroyed the raptor farm-[europa]? Why? How? We did it for nothing?)

I like them. It's not a boss in the traditional sense, to be sure. I think in a different game they'd be a more traditional mission objective, or maybe a side-objective (it'd fit quite well into something like Deep Rock Galactic, thinking about it), but they're perfectly fine.

General Sargas Ruk:

The Tenno only need to wait for Ruk to expose his weak spots, while carefully avoiding attacks from Ruk and his reinforcing Grineer soldiers.

Invulnerable boss. Wait, shoot, wait, shoot, wait shoot. It’s getting boring by now. Yes, yes, he has some nice powers, bla, bla, fire, but in the end it’s just wait and shoot. It wasn’t a problem even when I was newbie, it was just a long boring fight. Also, there’s no explanation why he’s invulnerable. Because fire, I guess.

At least his weak points are clearly marked, which is more than I can say for some.

Tyl Regor:

Phase 1: Deplete Tyl Regor's health down a third.

Phase 2: Regor floods the bottom layer and disappears to spawn Drekar Manics. Kill the Manic reinforcements to force Regor to return. Damage Regor's health down a third again.

Phase 3: Regor floods the middle layer, with the water now dealing Electricity damage. Kill the next set of Drekar Manics and Drekar Manic Bombards that appear. Deplete Regor's remaining health.

Is it weird that I like this one? Regor is REALLY agile; he keeps jumping around the map, beats the hell out of you at close range and shoots his fists at medium range. It feels like a boss. You have to run, jump, keep aiming and shooting at him, deal with environment hazard.

My only gripe is that his shield has no recharge delay, which given that he only pops up occasionally, does get frustrating whenever a level 100 version of the fight is called for.

Still, agreed. Not the best boss, but a good one.

Hyena Pack:

While Tenno only need to damage the Hyena until they die, this can prove to be difficult from the Pack's tactics. As such, it may be better to divide and conquer, focusing down one Hyena at a time. The spawn count is dependent on player count.

Translation: “Shoot it”. Another one that doesn’t feel like a boss. They keep jumping and doing status procs but it does not really matter which of the 4 hyena types they are, only 2 are spawned and they basically do the same: jump, shoot specific elemental whatever and jump more. No mechanics, you just have to shoot it. My first time killing it was easy as hell, I used khora to stop its movements and just killed them. Aaaand there are hyenas in index, so… why did we destroy those 2? Why is this boss battle? Destroying 2 won’t destroy the pack.

I have a violent hatred for the ones which eat energy. So frustrating...

Kela de thaym:

Phase 1: Tenno must stand on one-to-four lit-up pads and fire their weapons at a nearby spinning device concealing a green light. Engage Kela and deplete her health down by a third.

Phase 2: The bridges on the outer ring will depress. Kela disappears to initiate Orbital Strikes. After evading the strikes, Tenno must stand on four lit-up pads and fire their weapons at a nearby spinning device until all four of its green lights are shot. Orbital Strikes repeat every 15 seconds. Engage Kela again and deplete her health down by another third.

Phase 3: The bridges on the middle ring will depress. Essentially a repeat of Phase 2.

This is nice, Kela is a bullet sponge, but somehow her fight is interesting. Different phases, environment hazard and a small timed minigame. I think the mechanics we need to have great knowledge for this fight are bullet jumping, to dodge orbital strikes and precise aim to do the minigame. Kinda too late in the game, but it’s a nice fight, in my opinion.

Kela was a bit of wall for me really early on, but in a good way. I still like to go beat her up every now and again.

Overall, nice analysis!

9 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

@Kaichi16

... Nice analysis...

Please, do the same analysis (Solo too) for Steel Path...

but... their behavior dont change in steel path o: 

what do you mean?

i have terrible internet so, i'm always playing solo.. hehe.... *cries in the corner*

On 2021-10-09 at 12:12 AM, Kaichi16 said:

what do you mean?

That you should repeat the analysis in Steel Path mode... Solo, like you did for the regular star chart.

Even though its a Feedback thread, most likely for DE staff to read as its main purpose, your fellow players might be interested in your analysis, especially the ones that haven't tried Steel Path yet.

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

That you should repeat the analysis in Steel Path mode... Solo, like you did for the regular star chart.

but they are exactly the same bosses in steel path, just tougher. i think my comments apply to them in steel path as well... or should i talk more in deep about them? like suggested frames, weapons, etc?

8 hours ago, Kaichi16 said:

but they are exactly the same bosses in steel path, just tougher. i think my comments apply to them in steel path as well...

Ok.

8 hours ago, Kaichi16 said:

should i talk more in deep about them? like suggested frames, weapons, etc?

If you want to.

Usually, such detailed information is helpful for other players when they find threads like this one...

... But this thread seems to be

11 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

(,,,) most likely for DE staff to read (...)

... I don't know... I thought it would make it a bit more complete if such detailed information was also present, but its your decision.

I simply found the approach to those bosses to be a tad bit different in Steel Path when compared to normal Star Chart, so different experiences would present different perspectives and solutions for other players to try them out in case their approach is proving to be... insufficient.

Well, maybe these kinds of details would be better placed in a new thread, perhaps, if this thread isn't meant to and/or supposed to have that kind of detailed information?

But I digress... I still haven't unlocked all Dojo colors so I should probably get those done...

• 1 month later...

Archived