Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path feedback

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

I swore I would never do Steel Path.  Between the new arcanes and incursions tho I have gotten pretty hooked and turned them into part of my daily routine.  Im also grinding my way through the star chart.  I knocked out a ton of nodes from incursions.  Im up to Jupiter right now..  Now that I am doing SP the normal non incursion nodes just dont seem worth it.....   here are some thoughts I have had....

• All the relics you get in SP should be radiant (huge incentive.   Or any of the other refinements..or wait for it....random refinements!)
  • Resource breakables should be at like 50% on SP maps.   AKA like every other container should be argon/neural sensors/plastids/nuerodes etc....  
  • Ayatan should have have its chance of dropping on a SP map double or tripled (and include the rarer ones from other modes??)
  • 25 Steel Essense for finishing all 5 daily incursions....  

Another thing I would like to see is add Orokin Catalyst/Reactors to Teshins shop...I currently plan to blow all my essense on Kuva.   But I can never get enough catalysts for weapons.   Some other things could be nice to have in the shop to like greater lens,  exilus adapter/pexilus adapter (built).  Maybe the good eidolon arcanes??  

Im not hardcore into SP but I have already racked up 800+ essense.  Kuva is very awesome and I am greatful.  But even more stuff would be cool.  

------------------------

Galvs and gun arcanes havent really changed anything in my opinion.   Triggering off kills is nuts( same goes for berzerk in melee).   If I have to empty 1+ entire clips of ammo into one bad guy before my guns start being buffed im DEAD.   Merciless arcanes are a joke.   The Dexterity arcs are better  and last longer.    Galvs and gun arcs needs to trigger off hits or something so you dont have to kill things before they start ramping up.  And the effect duration better last a whole lot longer than 4 seconds.    This is like trying to cast single target abilities in a full squad... by the time you kill something with your gun your squad has wiped out everything and are moving to the next tile.... and your buff resets back to 0 lol.  

I use galv mods.  I havent used arcanes alot.  But im not feeling the gun love.... and worse I AM feeling the melee hate.   Where are you red crits??? I miss you!!   But for real  u have to kill guys to trigger berzerk....  thats fine in the majority of gameplay...   but in boss fights vs whatever and you get killed or fall in a hole... blam your speed is shut off and you have NO WAY of turning it back on because boss fights never have crap enemies running around to be killed.   

I never used 2 speed mods...  but you already made it so you cant equip 2 speed mods....  was it REALLY necessary to also make berzerker only trigger off kills instead of crits???   

I think combo should be able to go higher than x12 now and let us get back to red crits...

I would probably have a problem with this but if melee is overpowered it has to do with Naramon school and Power Spike?  Making our combo count decay instead of drop to 0 made it so people could stay at x12 the whole entire mission and insta-kill everything they run across.   Do away with it.  Change it into combo count chance+(or initial combo?).    Turn melee back into a roller coaster of lows and highs.   Make us have to build up to red crits on each new tile.....  consequently combo duration mods would explode back into popularity and people would have to sacrifice power for being able to keep combo going...    Take away the infinite combo...give us back red crits.

---------------------

Thats my thoughts on high end combat right now.   Im no expert and I dont play alot of different ways so take it for whatever.   (I love my epitaph but is everyone else cool with all the stupid AoE weapons now geez)   

2 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Making our combo count decay instead of drop to 0

Naramon.

was it REALLY necessary to also make berzerker only trigger off kills instead of crits???   

Imo I really like the concept of high risk / high reward. You could use primed fury for a guarantee 55% or you can try a better buff 70% (should be higher... like 90% at least to compensate the on kill condition).

On 2021-10-04 at 3:57 PM, DarkSkysz said:

Imo I really like the concept of high risk / high reward. You could use primed fury for a guarantee 55% or you can try a better buff 70% (should be higher... like 90% at least to compensate the on kill condition).

Primed Fury is a Daily Tribute Reward... He/she can't just up and start using it Willy Nilly... Basically because of what DE did to Berserker... The only way to get Attack Spoedt now is with Rivens...

32 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Not true. Just use Quickening. And beseker fury is still perfectly functional (and stacks with Quickening if you really want more than one attack speed mod).

I never said it wasn't Functional... Its simply not an Alternative to Primed Fury...  Primed Fury gives your attack Speed right out of the gate without having to killing anything.... Meaning it's not Dead weight in situations where there's nothing to kill....

To be Frank with you I didn't even like The Old Berserker anyway because I always believed one day DE was going to add a bunch of Enemies with Object Health just to stop use from using Crits on them... You can kinda experience already on Deimos with The Infested Pods... The Same Weapon that can One Shot Juguluses cant even even Destroy a single Pod in time....

So to me Berserker getting Nerfed didn't Affect me all that much because I've been using Primed Fury everywhere else... Same goes for Condition Overload.... I freaking Hate that mod 😠 !!! Luckily Pressure Point doesn't fall too far behind it for in the usual content.... So I've been managing just fine using that.... Mostly.... Sort of.... I forgot to actually Test my melee Weapons when I got back... 😁.... I think it's working fine... Right ? Is it ? Let me go Make Sure... BRB....

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:
48 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Not true. Just use Quickening. And beseker fury is still perfectly functional (and stacks with Quickening if you really want more than one attack speed mod).

I never said it wasn't Functional... Its simply not an Alternative to Primed Fury

You literally said "the only way to get attack speed is from rivens", which is simply not true. And beserker can still easily replace primed fury. Getting a melee kill is extremely easy. Have you actually tried it?

9 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

You literally said "the only way to get attack speed is from rivens", which is simply not true. And beserker can still easily replace primed fury. Getting a melee kill is extremely easy. Have you actually tried it?

Nooooo... I've never Gotten a melee Kill in both my Warframe Accounts ,😝.... But who knows... Maybe next time il get lucky ...

12 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Don't bother, that person loves to quote everyone and act dumb. Better ignore =p

Ikr :) and to be fair, they only need change their language/communication slightly, so that it's clear their opinions are often based on anecdotal remarks by others. 

If they simply prefaced their remarks with something like "I haven't played in over a year", or "I've only run these missions a few times", they'd probably retain some credit.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure once other forum users realise they're full of stuff, they lose all credit. They seem to comment just for the sake of it.

The hardest bosses for me were:

• Vey Hek (solo'ed with bad weapons.. even my even imp vandal couldnt make a dent.   I waited through 5-6+ reload timers :( and in the end I had to use melee)
  • Ropalolyst (had help and still it took a beating)
  • Sargas Ruk  (bad weapon selection on my part)
  • Jordas Golem  (was solo, took 20 mins to chip down)

Honorable mentions... specres...

• Frost 
  • Nidus
  • Mag 

They all insta killed me a few times through 1700hp w/ 80% starting DR.  

-----

Raptor was cake.  

On 2021-10-11 at 8:44 AM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Raptor was cake.  

I tried doing this with Mag and Failed...  They became Immune to Magentize after a single cast and The Rest Of Maggy's Abilities do nothing...

I think I did every single Boss with Ivara.... It's just what she does best 😝....

BTW I haven't reavh Sargas yet... I'm not sure how I'm gonna deal with That one... Punch Through maybe ?

• 3 weeks later...

I added this into the original post but I had another cool idea while playing steel path.    Incursions should have a rewards/multiple rewards for finishing all of the incursions that day.  Kind of like a sortie.....   I think the basic reward should be +25 steel essence if you do all 5. 

The reason I had this thought is because its to easy to just avoid the missions you dont like.   Thats bad for the spirit of incursions where noobs band together to do Steel Path together aka encouraged random matchmaking.  Second if you push yourself to do missions you dont wanna do I feel like that deserves reward to.  

--------------

Its not my area but I would say x5 Steel path mission are waaay harder than x3 sorties...   so part of me thinks that besides the 25 extra steel essense there should be sortie like rewards..  and if your aiming for balance they should be a little better than Sortie rewards.    Im probably being to greedy but at the same time I think it would also be totally appropriate.   

If you add more stuff to Teshins shop and give the steel bonus that would be amazing tho.   Would definately push me to run disliked missions.  (i'd probably still avoid Vakor hek, ropa, prelate assassinations lol)

On 2021-10-29 at 7:19 AM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I added this into the original post but I had another cool idea while playing steel path.    Incursions should have a rewards/multiple rewards for finishing all of the incursions that day.  Kind of like a sortie.....   I think the basic reward should be +25 steel essence if you do all 5. 

The reason I had this thought is because its to easy to just avoid the missions you dont like.   Thats bad for the spirit of incursions where noobs band together to do Steel Path together aka encouraged random matchmaking.  Second if you push yourself to do missions you dont wanna do I feel like that deserves reward to.  

--------------

Its not my area but I would say x5 Steel path mission are waaay harder than x3 sorties...   so part of me thinks that besides the 25 extra steel essense there should be sortie like rewards..  and if your aiming for balance they should be a little better than Sortie rewards.    Im probably being to greedy but at the same time I think it would also be totally appropriate.   

If you add more stuff to Teshins shop and give the steel bonus that would be amazing tho.   Would definately push me to run disliked missions.  (i'd probably still avoid Vakor hek, ropa, prelate assassinations lol)

I'm against any and all Ideas that make Steel Path more Rewarding... 😤

Its to late man...  Rivens, Riven Cyphers, Arcane Adapters, Kuva, Umbra Forma.  The place is already worth farming....

Yeah and it irritates the hell out of me.... Today's Incursions are really bad... We got Disruption and Ropalolyst 😱....

While I was in Region Chat I saw one Saryn Player asking for Advice on how to Steel Path and the other player saying Saryn isn't Fit for Steel Path.... Then that same player went snooping through the first player's underwear drawers only to discover they were only MR 12....And then that whole Interaction went down hill from there....

This is exactly the sort of thing I was afraid would happen if they filled Steel Path with The wrong type of Rewards....

I was totally against a hard mode and any kind of reward in said hard mode but apparently im able to do it so now im just trying to make lemonade out of the lemons i was given lol.  

SP Disruption sounds bad and scary...but u only gotta save 1 tower!!  Totally doable!!!  Especially if you start dropping waypoints if u hear the demo so u get the whole team helping.  (although I can still solo them just takes longer which can be bad lol)

3 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I was totally against a hard mode and any kind of reward in said hard mode but apparently im able to do it so now im just trying to make lemonade out of the lemons i was given lol

Me too.... They dangled Umbra Forma In my face... I couldn't resist... I fact I'm giving my self a 150 Steel Essence Buffer right now for when it returns in December... 😝

5 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

SP Disruption sounds bad and scary...but u only gotta save 1 tower!!  Totally doable!!!  Especially if you start dropping waypoints if u hear the demo so u get the whole team helping.  (although I can still solo them just takes longer which can be bad lol)

I've been trying to find a group this past 2 Hours with no luck... Il guess il wait until peak play hours and see if I can piggy back off of Stronger players...

As Ropalolyst I think I'm gonna skip that one all together...

5 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Haha I would take advantage of the incursion to drive people into ropa fight if U havent done it yet... u dont want to have to recruit for it heh,   

I already got Carried through it so that mode is clear.... The only Tough Nodes left are Rahuum and Kappa 😱....

Archived