Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FENRIR, an idea of a Wereframe

Umbill

I was semi-inspired while playing Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood.

Fenrir. The intention of the Orokin behind making a warframe such as this was to silently and stealthily slip a unit behind enemy lines unaware. Then having them become a loud violent distraction upon reaching the ideal position, allowing allied units to push a forward offensive or to complete their own missions while the enemy is distracted by the rampaging warframe.

Abilities
1) Lunge: A forward leap. Does damage on enemy hit and temporarily weakens their armor.

2) Hunt: Highlight enemies and objects (different color highlights based on what's highlighted) through walls within a certain range. Reveals enemy weakspots while active.

3) Vargr: Turns into a quadrupedal form (something like the Hyena or Zanuka models). Attack based on Fenrir's equipped melee mods (ala stat stick). Increases sprint speed. Increases bulletjump range and animation speed. Lunge has farther range, will now shortly stun enemies hit, and does a Stealth Finisher if used on an unalerted enemy. Hunt now lasts longer and also generates a stealth field making Fenrir harder to detect.

4) Ragnarok: Requires Ferocity bar completely full to use. Once activated, only needs energy to maintain form. Loses all Ferocity upon leaving this form. Turns into a larger, more hulking and primal bipedal form. Has Exalted Claw weapons. Enemies on the map enter a pseudo-alert state that causes them to know where Fenrir is and run towards him, and within a certain range will target him over his teammates (a passive Guardian Derision). Increases armor, and enables health regeneration. Has reduced movement speed, but bigger jumps. Lunge does more damage, and upon landing does a Heavy Slam (enemy hit not required). Hunt turns into a roar/howl that now also knocks enemies down in a certain range and gives a % damage buff and % damage reduction. Leaving the Ragnarok form by entering his Vargr form will keep half of Ferocity.

Alternatively, rather than a form change with Exalted Claws, it could be an Exalted (melee) Necramech with Exalted Claws. Abilities and stats are same general idea as above, it's just with an Exalted Necramech rather than a form change.

Passives
Leader of the Pack:
Kubrows and Kavats always flee combat instead of being downed, and come back after healing their wounds. They do not enter a downed state, and respawn after 30 seconds.

Alternatively, he would instead allow for equipping a second Kubrow companion, in the event DE is already considering a "Play Dead" mod for companions.

Alternatively, he could instead have a completely different passive that acts like the Rage mod, but rather than the 40% conversion it would be reduced, maybe 5% or 10% conversion?

Ferocity: To utilize Ragnarok, Fenrir needs full Ferocity. Generate Ferocity by killing enemies while Hunt is active, or hitting enemies with Lunge. Hitting an enemy with Lunge while Hunt is active will generate more Ferocity, and doing so in Vargr form will generate even more.

Made a slight change - adding a minor alrernative design to Fenrir's 4th Ability, Ragnarok, being an Exalted Necramech with an Exalted Melee rather than another form with an Exalted Melee. Not sure how popular an option that would be, but I figured with Exalted vehicles existing, a hulking bigger formchange could instead be an exalted necramech.

I would play the heck out of a 'wereframe'. Been trying to think up the details for one but this one is super well thought out. I really like how the Ragnarok ability changes the flow of play from that of a 'stalking predator' to that of a 'warrior battling superior forces'. Revving up for the final battle before calling all your enemies to you for a violent climax.

Yeah, carries the same spirit of when you're playing a Spy mission, but then Lotus decides to make it an Exterminate mission.

Also Helminth Subsume friendly to replace Ragnarok with a more stealth oriented Ability to pull him towards a more stealthy build, or replace Vargr with a buff ability to pull him towards being more combat oriented.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2021-10-09 at 10:58 PM, Umbill said:

he would instead allow for equipping a second Kubrow companion

I want this, but let's not stop at 2, do 3. Why? Cause it took so long for us to get a dog frame after khora, so cat lovers needs to see what it feels like to have salt in their face for a change

Actually... make it 4... I'm angry

) Lunge: A forward leap. Does damage on enemy hit and temporarily weakens their armor.

I like this, I'd make it weaken enemies defenses in general 

) Hunt: Highlight enemies and objects (different color highlights based on what's highlighted) through walls within a certain range. Reveals enemy weakspots while active.

Only against this cause of banshee, I'd want something more different 

Maybe make him harder to notice through some sort of cloak that makes enemies who are too far away unable to see him, but he can see them cause they're highlighted? Also make it to where Enemies within the range will be able to attack him but he himself will be able to deal 2x the damage to them. Kind of what it's like with real life predators, creeping up on their prey and then striking hard when they're in range

Vargr: Turns into a quadrupedal form (something like the Hyena or Zanuka models). Attack based on Fenrir's equipped melee mods (ala stat stick). Increases sprint speed. Increases bulletjump range and animation speed. Lunge has farther range, will now shortly stun enemies hit, and does a Stealth Finisher if used on an unalerted enemy. Hunt now lasts longer and also generates a stealth field making Fenrir harder to detect.

I remember DE saying they won't be able to pull this off for sometime in a recent devstream, still a cool ability

Ragnarok: Requires Ferocity bar completely full to use. Once activated, only needs energy to maintain form. Loses all Ferocity upon leaving this form. Turns into a larger, more hulking and primal bipedal form. Has Exalted Claw weapons. Enemies on the map enter a pseudo-alert state that causesso them to know where Fenrir is and run towards him, and within a certain range will target him over his teammates (a passive Guardian Derision). Increases armor, and enables health regeneration. Has reduced movement speed, but bigger jumps. Lunge does more damage, and upon landing does a Heavy Slam (enemy hit not required). Hunt turns into a roar/howl that now also knocks enemies down in a certain range and gives a % damage buff and % damage reduction. Leaving the Ragnarok form by entering his Vargr form will keep half of Ferocity.

Sounds epic!

Dope frame but I feel he has some serious competition with sevagoth. Is it just me?

Well I wouldn't cry if his third ability, Vargr, can never be a quadrupedal form. It could just be an animation change to make him look more stealthy, like he's trying to sneak around - just a visual que that the "stealth/agile mode" ability is active. If it's at all possible to make it quadrupedal, I would like seeing that more for the sake of immersion - almost feels weird having a werewolf frame that doesn't have a quadrupedal form, especially if he's named Fenrir. But it really is not at all necessary.

And that's more or less what I was imagining his "harder to detect" would be - enemies cannot see Fenrir unless he's within a certain range of them. But I wanted to leave it a little open to DE's interpretation on how they might make him "harder to detect."

As for his second ability, Hunt, there definitely is a lot of similarity with Banshee's Sonar. But it's slightly different in that it doesn't just show enemies (and objects) on the minimap, but also highlights them through the map geometry - kind of like using a scanner. It also only reveals enemy weakspots without giving bonus damage to the weakspots beyond the normal innate weakspot bonus damage. So Fenrir's Hunt is better at tracking, and Banshee's Sonar is better for more damage. And of course that's just Hunt in his base form; It changes in Vargr and Ragnarok.

Archived