Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich is too tedious

Worm4real

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Maybe it because I make Radiation Sisters but my Gals are extremely Lethal.... 

Mean while I have little to no issues with them.... I don't think I've ever been killed by a Hound... But they have Ragdolled Me A bunch of times....

I normally make sisters using Revenant unless if I'm hunting a specific element. My Sisters are usually kinda weak. The hounds have outright kicked my butt a handful of times.

For Hounds, depending on your frame, there are a few ways, but aim for mods and weapons that the sister advertises as weakness, then maybe try a cold to slow, or a tether etc. I enjoy embarassing the hounds by letting a fast cat take them down especially Khora's cat. It can be often useful to lure the hound to a space where they are confined to a space and harder for them to attack you, as well as a place with no other enemies nearby.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)jockhotty said:

For Hounds, depending on your frame, there are a few ways, but aim for mods and weapons that the sister advertises as weakness, then maybe try a cold to slow, or a tether etc. I enjoy embarassing the hounds by letting a fast cat take them down especially Khora's cat. It can be often useful to lure the hound to a space where they are confined to a space and harder for them to attack you, as well as a place with no other enemies nearby.

I use Maggy so I can easily deal with them using Magnetize.... That being said... The Sister's personal hound is alot Chunkier so that one won't be dying from a single caste of Magnetize....

On 2021-12-08 at 8:39 AM, Worm4real said:

I thought I'd try it out for fun, what a mistake!

Based on my memory of the dev stream I thought I just needed to kill the thralls a few times until I knew the code to kill the lich, but apparently I need to get codes out of relics too? I'm prepared for a ton of "oh but that's what makes it fun" or "it used to be worse" but I really don't want this thing screaming at me for months until I grind out this stuff. I've already got transmission volume to zero. Absolutely I do not care how good these weapons are after trying this system even for a little bit of time.

Liches are cake. I mean, you could literally use a Lato and kill them, providing you have enough patience. 

So tried out the Sister system yesterday for the first time.  Was aiming for a toxin Envoy or Arca (META or w/e) so took Oberon, but got the Cycron.  Meh, whatever.

The system of fighting the sister and hounds through the starmap was good, and IMO an actual improvement over what I knew from Liches from before (random nodes vs starting on Venus and moving through the system as she ranks up).  Generally always someone else running Sister versions of the nodes.  And from reading, it seems Liches are using the same system (I haven't done a Lich in a very long time - I have 4 Lich weapons - since way before the Sister update).  I actually liked this part, and the hounds and Sister confrontations were fine.

I wasn't sure what to expect with the Railjack encounter, but turns out it was pretty smooth, except the last guy's Sister (mine was 3rd in line) falling to a spot where the mercy animation couldn't play.

Overall it felt smoother than the pre-Sisters Lich method I remember (from late 2020/early 2021).  My loadout is pretty strong, though.

I can see it being very annoying if you are after a specific element and have to do the Granum stuff multiple times, though.  And if you want ephemeras (which is something I've never cared about).  But the basic system seems fine if all you are after is MR/a working version of every weapon.

On 2021-12-08 at 1:39 AM, Worm4real said:

I thought I'd try it out for fun, what a mistake!

Based on my memory of the dev stream I thought I just needed to kill the thralls a few times until I knew the code to kill the lich, but apparently I need to get codes out of relics too? I'm prepared for a ton of "oh but that's what makes it fun" or "it used to be worse" but I really don't want this thing screaming at me for months until I grind out this stuff. I've already got transmission volume to zero. Absolutely I do not care how good these weapons are after trying this system even for a little bit of time.

it takes like 40 minutes to get 3 codes.

just dont run solo. 

Archived