Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Gemini, the Twins

SugoiSniper

Description: Two small warframes, a brother (Mani) and a sister (Sol), their connection strengthened by the void, they fight as one.

Brother and sister dance together through the battlefield in a duet of gold and silver glow.

Passive: The Star of Gemino.

Sol was gifted with incredible power and agility. Mani was gifted with arcane knowledge beyond comprehension, together, they unleash their powers to the fullest. The player can switch their focused character by using either melee or gunplay, they are still tethered together and the other twin will still act even if they aren’t being controlled by the player.

Sol holds the melee weapons, Mani holds the ranged weaponry.

Additionally, the character that isn’t being controlled gains a damage and power strength bonus.

Ability 1:

Solar Wave / Moon Drop

If cast by Sol, Solar Wave is unleashed, a set of 3 circular slashes that deal heat damage with a high chance to proc status (can scale with equipped melee), these can also be comboed together for more damage and less energy cost. Holding this ability will cause Mani to cast Moon Drop for a slightly reduced energy cost at Sol’s location.

If cast by Mani, a Moon Drop is unleashed in front of Mani, damaging and placing the enemies the area it lands in stasis for a brief moment, but also recover the twins’ health and bolster their defenses. Holding this ability will also cause Sol to cast Solar Wave.

Ability 2:

Sun Mirror / Moonbeam

Sol envelops herself in light, reducing the damage taken. While in this state she can also buff the damage dealt by ranged weapons. Holding this ability will cause Mani to cast Moonbeam on Sol.

Mani gathers moonlight and condenses it into a sharp edge, dealing heavy slash damage with a chance to proc bleed on the enemies, if cast on Sol, she will absorb and then refract all of that light and unleash it all around her as blades of light. The light that remains also buffs the damage of melee weapons. Holding this ability causes Sol to cast Sun Mirror.

Ability 3:

Solar Eclipse / Lunar Eclipse

Sol summons Mani to her location and together they attack. Mani attracts the enemies then Sol unleashes a devastating stab of flames forward in a line. Holding this ability will cause Sol to hold her thrust for longer as a beam fires forward.

Mani pulls Sol to his location and together they retreat and bolster their defenses, increasing their shield recharge considerably for a duration and also granting health regeneration for a short duration. Holding this ability will also cast a slow aura around Mani.

Ability 4:

Sun Stake / Tidecaller

Sol stabs into the ground lighting it on fire and marking it with a stake that unleashes pulses of heat energy, lifting and continuously dealing damage in an area around her for as long as the channel is active. If Mani fights within the area of the stake they’ll gain a power strength as well as a guaranteed heat proc buff.

Mani calls upon the power that pulls the seas and channels a suction field under him which continuously pulls enemies and applies an armor debuff as well as a health drain. Mani can act freely while the channel is occurring. If Sol fights within the Tidecaller, they gain an attack speed and a guaranteed slash proc buff.

Closing Thoughts: 

I know this is a wacky concept and I know it's outlandish, but that's rather the point of imagining things, isn't it? But I thought this was an interesting idea to throw around, a warframe that's actually 2 beings fighting side by side.

I'm going to save you the time, yes, Sun/Moon, 2 Warframes in 1 sounds an awful lot like someone we know and love already, but hey we have more than one water warframe now, so I thought this would be an interesting concept, and I do these for the heck of it and to get lovely people like you reading this something to discuss.

I really like the idea, and thae abilities sound really thought out. But...with Wukong and Equinox, I think DE would feel twins are already represented enough as warframes. I would like to see a more simplified idea like this as a companion, something like Wilhiem had in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. He had 2 flying companion bots, one that attacked enemies and one that focused on protecting him...might suggest a companion concept on that...

13 hours ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

I really like the idea, and thae abilities sound really thought out. But...with Wukong and Equinox, I think DE would feel twins are already represented enough as warframes. I would like to see a more simplified idea like this as a companion, something like Wilhiem had in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. He had 2 flying companion bots, one that attacked enemies and one that focused on protecting him...might suggest a companion concept on that...

twin sentinel companions but one stays above your head like other sentinels and other one moves around more like ground companions but flying. 

8 hours ago, (PSN)C4d4l153n said:

twin sentinel companions but one stays above your head like other sentinels and other one moves around more like ground companions but flying. 

I did an idea for twin companions after seeing this, but it's probably not that good. Not something I ever did before, still lots more to get in game before I think about what could be added

Archived