Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some good mods for early game?

Fotisb32

Question

I started playing 2 weeks ago and recently got to uranus where enemies have been getting harder for me to beat. I searched for a couple builds but the ones I found were using a few prime mods as well as orokin reactors and catalysts which I do not have and don't know where do I get them from. Could you guys tell some early game mods I should equip/get (and from where I can get them if possible). So far I have been using the auto install function and it seemed to work relatively well until now (also a sidenote but almost all my mods are rank 0 exept a rank 2 vitality and redirection since I don't know which mods I should level up and how much as there is a mod limit plus I don't even have that much endo) . The current weapons I am using are: Hek for primary, mk1-kunai for secondery (only to level it up, I also have max rank furis) and just got Amphis for melee. I am MR5 if it matters and also I am using rhino as my warframe (I also have  excalibur, volt, Loki and vauban but I am not sure who is the best to clear the star chart so any advice is greatly appreciated). Thank you in advance and I am sorry if there are any grammatical errors, english is not my native language.

11 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This tends to be the biggest issue early on. The mods you use are probably going to be less important than getting the main ones levelled a little.

• For your frame: Vitality and Steel Fibre are useful. I am not a fan of Redirection - most of the time having more shields makes little difference.
  • For weapons: look for mods that increase damage. Serration (Primaries except shotguns), Point Blank (Shotgun), Hornet Strike (Secondary), Pressure Point (melee). Increasing the level in these will likely contribute enough at the moment.

You should be relatively fine just putting whatever else on that you like the sounds of. For Rhino, you want to increase your power strength so you can get a stronger Iron Skin (increasing armour will help - Steel Fibre). I could give you specific builds, but you may lack most of the mods. My suggestion is to just experiment and see what you like - it doesn’t usually matter too much. The game is fairly forgiving in that respect (star chart at least).

Catalysts and Reactors come from the market (20 platinum each). You can also get them from the Nightwave shop and invasions. Sometimes we get alerts in the weekend for them too. Forma are useful as well as these help reduce the amount a mod uses (half cost if the polarity matches). Forma come from the market or from relics -they are easy to get so you can avoid buying them.

• Platinum is the premium currency. You can buy it with real money or trade for it. There is a trade chat you can use, or a third party trading site: https://warframe.market/

I would suggest using the wiki to find out where anything you want comes from. Just search the name and it will give you the answer.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Thank you for taking the time to answer me! I have a question, I have only the flawed version of hornet strike should I equip and upgrade it or try to get the normal one?

29 minutes ago, Fotisb32 said:

also a sidenote but almost all my mods are rank 0 exept a rank 2 vitality and redirection since I don't know which mods I should level up and how much as there is a mod limit plus I don't even have that much endo

This tends to be the biggest issue early on. The mods you use are probably going to be less important than getting the main ones levelled a little.

• For your frame: Vitality and Steel Fibre are useful. I am not a fan of Redirection - most of the time having more shields makes little difference.
  • For weapons: look for mods that increase damage. Serration (Primaries except shotguns), Point Blank (Shotgun), Hornet Strike (Secondary), Pressure Point (melee). Increasing the level in these will likely contribute enough at the moment.

You should be relatively fine just putting whatever else on that you like the sounds of. For Rhino, you want to increase your power strength so you can get a stronger Iron Skin (increasing armour will help - Steel Fibre). I could give you specific builds, but you may lack most of the mods. My suggestion is to just experiment and see what you like - it doesn’t usually matter too much. The game is fairly forgiving in that respect (star chart at least).

Catalysts and Reactors come from the market (20 platinum each). You can also get them from the Nightwave shop and invasions. Sometimes we get alerts in the weekend for them too. Forma are useful as well as these help reduce the amount a mod uses (half cost if the polarity matches). Forma come from the market or from relics -they are easy to get so you can avoid buying them.

• Platinum is the premium currency. You can buy it with real money or trade for it. There is a trade chat you can use, or a third party trading site: https://warframe.market/

I would suggest using the wiki to find out where anything you want comes from. Just search the name and it will give you the answer.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Archived