The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

kubrow and kavat fur textures totally broken

morningstar999

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Syahra said:

Beginning to sense a pattern here :D Nychus Moa has had it's head slide down it's neck years ago, No sign of a fix in any way. This fur/hair texture 'improvement' shows the first signs of the same staying power :)

DE has never stated this was intentional. 
this is a bug. 

• Like 2

I had a big 😱 reaction when I first saw this horrible fail. I thought I got over it, but it stuck to my subconsciousness and is still bothering me.

Everything that needs to be said has already been said: the ones who said these are PS1 and 2 graphics were right on, the colors really do look much darker and dirtier, and it's probably not going to be fixed anytime soon at all since it's only a fur cosmetic issue. 

I don't want to stop using my favorite furred companions just because of this change, but it's hard not to notice it!

• Like 2

On 2022-02-21 at 7:36 AM, chagz831 said:

I had a big 😱 reaction when I first saw this horrible fail. I thought I got over it, but it stuck to my subconsciousness and is still bothering me.

Everything that needs to be said has already been said: the ones who said these are PS1 and 2 graphics were right on, the colors really do look much darker and dirtier, and it's probably not going to be fixed anytime soon at all since it's only a fur cosmetic issue. 

I don't want to stop using my favorite furred companions just because of this change, but it's hard not to notice it!

"It's only a fur cosmetic issue." If that's how DE actually saw it then I'll stop supporting them (buying in game stuff)

Feb. 23, 2022 Still has no fix

Цитата

it's probably not going to be fixed anytime soon at all since it's only a fur cosmetic issue. 

But cosmetics are important. Players do like it when the game and its content are pleasing to the eye.

The Kubrow in the opening trailer is awesome with its flowing fur... It makes you want to start playing the game and try to get one for yourself :3

But then you open the game and there you're welcomed by your uggly shabby-looking furry monster )) (is there a place to hide in my orbiter?😨). Honestly, for now kubs look like they've been washed in the washing machine XD

Now that the fur looks like... messy bristle, I just don't have the heart to take kubs with me on missions. When you like something the most in the game and then suddenly it becomes uggly, you start paitiently waiting for the fix. And when nothing happens you start feeling a bit... betrayed maybe? 

It's very flrustrating to feed yourself with fruitless hopes that a fix is certainly coming soon...enough. 

I would certainly love a note from DE, stating that the issue is well known of and will be fixed within certain time? 

Is it too much to ask? 😪

Surely, "cosmetic issues" shouldn't be first on the list of things to fix, but they shouldn't be overlooked forever either.😇 

Edited by Nightwyl
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Nightwyl said:

But cosmetics are important. Players do like it when the game and its content are pleasing to the eye.

The Kubrow in the opening trailer is awesome with its flowing fur... It makes you want to start playing the game and try to get one for yourself :3

But then you open the game and there you're welcomed by your uggly shabby-looking furry monster )) (is there a place to hide in my orbiter?😨). Honestly, for now kubs look like they've been washed in the washing machine XD

Now that the fur looks like... messy bristle, I just don't have the heart to take kubs with me on missions. When you like something the most in the game and then suddenly it becomes uggly, you start paitiently waiting for the fix. And when nothing happens you start feeling a bit... betrayed maybe? 

It's very flrustrating to feed yourself with fruitless hopes that a fix is certainly coming soon...enough. 

I would certainly love a note from DE, stating that the issue is well known of and will be fixed within certain time? 

Is it too much to ask? 😪

Surely, "cosmetic issues" shouldn't be first on the list of things to fix, but they shouldn't be overlooked forever either.😇 

EXACTLY!! 45% of the time that i play warframe is like breeding kavats so this is a big issue for me

• Like 1

Noticed this too -- I don't use my Kubrows very much but I noticed it very much on my Vasca Kavat

For the Vasca at least it feels like an alpha channel issue; the original had semi-transparent fur cards on the face, legs, tail, and body, and now there seems to be no / not enough transparency. 

(I haven't looked at the Kubrows very closely, since I really don't use them, but at first glance it looks like something is definitely wrong with the materials; they're way too oily/shiny for fur)

Top image from 2020 (correct transparent texturing); bottom image from a few days ago (broken texturing, also brighter lighting?). Didn't mess with her colors at all between these two; this is how she looked when I opened the Companions tab:

m7KonAX.jpg20220221162802_1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A-Strange-Cat said:

Noticed this too -- I don't use my Kubrows very much but I noticed it very much on my Vasca Kavat

For the Vasca at least it feels like an alpha channel issue; the original had semi-transparent fur cards on the face, legs, tail, and body, and now there seems to be no / not enough transparency. 

(I haven't looked at the Kubrows very closely, since I really don't use them, but at first glance it looks like something is definitely wrong with the materials; they're way too oily/shiny for fur)

Top image from 2020 (correct transparent texturing); bottom image from a few days ago (broken texturing, also brighter lighting?). Didn't mess with her colors at all between these two; this is how she looked when I opened the Companions tab:

m7KonAX.jpg20220221162802_1.jpg

Ah! The Kavats are just as bad! DE turned her green fur into green jello! That is not cool!

Edited by chagz831
  • Like 1

On 2022-02-20 at 7:33 PM, morningstar999 said:

DE has never stated this was intentional. 
this is a bug. 

Ah, I must have misheard then. I thought them commenting on how good the changes to hair went was them talking about the kubrow/kavat mess too :) If it is a bug and not a feature some form of aknowledgement from DE might be in order. Or even a fix 😆

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thumb.php?i=9r3jandsu&n=IMG_20220402_221thumb_show.php?i=nmn7gz84r&viewMy pet's textures all black ... Before that I had a kubrow, and he was gray, but then somehow I entered the game and he geted black, I was surprised, but I liked it... Later I created a armored vulpafila,  but I didn't expect that she will be all black. 

Fix the problem!

Edited by gamlerleon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...