The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Time (To Separate The Alt Helm From The Stats They Modify)

_Rue_

Question: Won't this set precedent for the up-coming body skins though? It seems implied that we want a "chip" system, something like mods, except on a different system? Idk I'm just throwing out a thought. Or we could just leave the skin and chips totally untouched.

Last time people complained about the OPTIONAL helmets, they simply scrapped the stats on new helmets, effectively removing the small stat customizing we had. I don't care whether they decide to please players nitpicking about the looks of their frames or not, but then it needs to be done the RIGHT way, not the LAZY way. (AKA simply removing the stats)

Should they decide on the lazy route and simply take away the stats, I will be blaming everyone that supported this thread.

Stat modifiers should stay and even be EXPANDED upon, not removed. Just like how we need more skill options per skill slot.

Would that mean chips are swappable between other frames? Vanguard chip on Loki!! lol

Vanguard Rush Speed Volt, with motion blur. 

Last time people complained about the OPTIONAL helmets, they simply scrapped the stats on new helmets, effectively removing the small stat customizing we had. I don't care whether they decide to please players nitpicking about the looks of their frames or not, but then it needs to be done the RIGHT way, not the LAZY way. (AKA simply removing the stats)

Should they decide on the lazy route and simply take away the stats, I will be blaming everyone that supported this thread.

Stat modifiers should stay and even be EXPANDED upon, not removed. Just like how we need more skill options per skill slot.

You do realize this thread is for the improvement of customization by making it not tied to aesthetic helmets right?  

Vanguard Rush Speed Volt, with motion blur. 

You do realize this thread is for the improvement of customization by making it not tied to aesthetic helmets right?  

You do realize last time people complained about this, they simply started releasing helmets WITHOUT stats, right?

Edited by Ratiasu

Yes. I have wanted them to separate cosmetic helms from the bonus stats since the beginning.

Just made the stat "chips" either like sentinel weapons, or mods like coolant leak that can't be fused.

Edited by TunaMayo

I'd like to note part of the reason this is stalled is lack of input.

The BIGGEST issue the devs cite with the original alt stats was that what sounded like a really cool trade-off when they designed it was often completely ignored or found painfully bad on most plausible builds.

A lot of them are interesting tweaks, but they are lousy trade-offs.(Plus stamina on a caster frame, in exchange for less energy! YAY... wait..)

You do realize last time people complained about this, they simply started releasing helmets WITHOUT stats, right?

That was a complaint and worded differently. DE looked at opinions on the helmets if I remember the livestream correctly. People didn't like the idea of having the stats tied to the helmets. Because the stats tended to suck and the helmets were hit or miss aestheticly. And usually the two didn't go hand in hand. People didn't like stat altering helmets, that's what DE heard, it was a complaint, and not a solution. They merely tried the simplest solution, remove the stats.  

This thread on the other hand is an articulated response, suggesting a solution, without complaining. Saying to separate the two into two distinct pieces. Not to remove one part entirely because it ruined the point of an aesthetic alternate helmet. 

Why not instead of calling them chips call them systems?

I mean it just makes more sense from a lore view of things. We know it takes a helmet, systems and chassis to make a warframe so systems could be what affects base warframe stats.

I really don't think chip would be the final term. Not sure what it would be but.. systems might be a bit too confusing since we already have systems as a warframe part. Not sure if labeling it "Helm Systems" would take away the stigma of farming that got associated with that word.

I really don't think chip would be the final term. Not sure what it would be but.. systems might be a bit too confusing since we already have systems as a warframe part. Not sure if labeling it "Helm Systems" would take away the stigma of farming that got associated with that word.

I guess I'm more looking at it like severing the stats connection to the helmets completely. So we'd have our alternate helmets that look cool, and our alternate Systems that change stats. 

As far as systems having a negative farming connotation you could say the same thing about the alt helmets as we had to also farm helmets to build warframes.

Anyway It's just my take on the idea of separating helmets from stats. :) any idea that allows us to have stat trade offs as well as cosmetic helmets is awesome in my books so I care not either way. Honestly I'm just hopping Frost will one day get something that will boost his speed like the other slower frames Rhino and Saryn did. Poor slow Frost, you shall never get a speed boost helmet.

i am attempting to call attention to the suggestion through the livestream. I hope it works!

Good luck Rue, and you have my support on this! I love the Manticide Helm on Nyx, but I use Vespa because 15% Power efficiency, I don't even need to explain.

If they call the impending new skins Chassis, then Systems would be the perfect name.

Seeing as Helm, Chassis, Systems are the three parts to build a 'frame, and then you can replace the default versions of each with cosmetic Helms and Chassis, and stat-affecting Systems that have no visual effect.

i am attempting to call attention to the suggestion through the livestream. I hope it works!

^...^7 good luck! We're behind you

If they call the impending new skins Chassis, then Systems would be the perfect name.

Seeing as Helm, Chassis, Systems are the three parts to build a 'frame, and then you can replace the default versions of each with cosmetic Helms and Chassis, and stat-affecting Systems that have no visual effect.

^ exactly what I was trying to suggest, thanks for doing it more concisely than I did. :)