Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deadlock Protocol Parvos Granum finale is just unfun and really bad.

UilliamNebel

It is just really bad.

Cons,

1. Pile on of enemies.

2. Stuck using a horrible melee weapon, even leveled up is a primary cause of sucking the fun right out of the mission. It is just gimmicky, and bad, and made to time sink by forcing you to not only use it in the Parvos Granum mission but to waste your play time elsewhere leveling it up to even have it be decent which it never actually is.

3. The Treasurer bit is just awful every time, and really compounds the awfulness of the previous two points. This mission is a road black to progressing further. Treasurer part is indeed in terms of pointless, not a challenge but just frustrating to be frustrating bad design, the highlight of the whole slew of bad design choices.

4. Fight at end is bad, glitchy, would almost say buggy. The time rewind aspect is an abused, and cheeze design. Quite frankly it is devoid of imagination, or challenge, it is a pain test of enduring ideas that were spat onto a white board, and never refined, or more importantly evaluated critically, as being needed and fun.

Pros,

1. Music is great, fit the intended atmosphere of the mission.

2. Voice work and direction great.

2 hours ago, UilliamNebel said:

2. Stuck using a horrible melee weapon, even leveled up is a primary cause of sucking the fun right out of the mission. It is just gimmicky, and bad, and made to time sink by forcing you to not only use it in the Parvos Granum mission but to waste your play time elsewhere leveling it up to even have it be decent which it never actually is.

Xoris? Xoris is horrible? It's the easiest to acquire late game weapon. An actual crutch for early players (supposedly) to finish the quest because they don't have decent stuff. It's not the weapon that is horrible, it's your modding.

3 hours ago, acevezwing said:

Xoris? Xoris is horrible? It's the easiest to acquire late game weapon. An actual crutch for early players (supposedly) to finish the quest because they don't have decent stuff. It's not the weapon that is horrible, it's your modding.

I acquired this thing back when it actually did have an Infinite Combo Duration 😁...

Ahhhh good times...

10 hours ago, acevezwing said:

Its ultra slow.

The wind up is atrocious, even comically bad.

Inaccurate as Hell, just making it a button mash to combo mess.

Would never pick this over double skana or most other double swords or daggers. Being locked into it just makes it a pain.

I get it, the learn to use a lot of the fluff filler gear in game as some sort of content. But no, thats awful design, especially on display here. The point of variety and choice in gear and customization is to navigate the content as you like. Not be stuck with railroading game play.

5 minutes ago, UilliamNebel said:

The wind up is atrocious, even comically bad.

Capture.png

That's why mods exist. I take it back. You aren't horrible at modding. You don't even try. Try to look for the solution first before going "game bad".

I replayed Deadlock Protocol with Excal and Carrier P to make sure I have no buff and this build:

Capture2.png

No forma and capped myself with 40 mod capacity in account of no catalyst. I didn't even bother looking up a guide for the final Protea fight and Biz actually told me the how-to. I didn't even use my primary. Just spamming her with my bare Xoris. Yes, no other weapon. Just a Xoris with this flimsy build.

All of these mods can be found by just playing the game. Killing Blow is the hardest one (20%+ chance to drop from Kril).

I can't believe I did all of that just to prove my point and you can't even do a little research when it's your main objective.

6 hours ago, acevezwing said:

I can't believe I did all of that just to prove my point and you can't even do a little research when it's your main objective

Well, you are obviously that emotionally invested in defending WF where it is painfully weak and bad.

Yeah.. Did research like always.. Outside game, because DE can't be bothered to give any in game direction of value or explanation.

Look at all those mechanics you blew over. Nope.. I did understand them all. That said railroad to use a gimmick weapon, let alone grind some more and yet again...to get it to a usable state.. requiring research... Seriously what a joke. A looter shooter of fast paced action... After you put in a few hours of prep work? What a bad joke.

It is bad design. It is hot garbage, painfully bad, awful.

7 hours ago, UilliamNebel said:

Well, you are obviously that emotionally invested in defending WF where it is painfully weak and bad.

Yeah.. Did research like always.. Outside game, because DE can't be bothered to give any in game direction of value or explanation.

Look at all those mechanics you blew over. Nope.. I did understand them all. That said railroad to use a gimmick weapon, let alone grind some more and yet again...to get it to a usable state.. requiring research... Seriously what a joke. A looter shooter of fast paced action... After you put in a few hours of prep work? What a bad joke.

It is bad design. It is hot garbage, painfully bad, awful.

You’re making a bit of a jump from “I didn’t like this thing” to “No-one should like this thing”

7 hours ago, UilliamNebel said:

Look at all those mechanics you blew over.

What? Modding? You managed to reach Deadlock Protocol yet you can't even mod your weapon on the basic level. I replayed Deadlock Protocol (again) with the very bare minimum of damage mods. Slightly slower than my first replay but it's still doable. I used Excal and Carrier P again to make sure I have no buff. I don't use any ability on the treasurer and on the final Protea Specter fight. This is my Braton MK-I build that I used:

Primary.png

And this is my Xoris build, gimped again to another level because apparently collecting mods where modding is the upgrading mechanic of the game is a joke. And no heavy attack mods because apparently it's a nonexistent mechanic to early players.

Xoris.png

I even asked some MR 10 below players who finished Deadlock Protocol just to be sure that I'm not a grade A douchebag who enjoyed whiteknighting DE to mock someone who has a hard time finishing a quest because "game bad" by showing off my fancy mods. And these two builds are way below their standard to the point that I'm ashamed that my mod config were not as sophisticated as them when I was at their MR.

The quest is not even a challenge even with these builds. What a surprise even for me. I thought the quest is a lot harder but replaying it twice with gimped builds prove me wrong.

I know how confusing modding can be when you are getting overwhelmed by the amount of mods that exist. But it doesn't excuse a player to not even try.

Oh look! They gave me a weapon on this quest! That means it's going to be useful! But what's going on here? It's weak! If only I could do something to enhance it.... That's right! MODDING!

See how that train of thought goes? Or are you asking for a "ME WIN" button.

8 hours ago, UilliamNebel said:

A looter shooter of fast paced action... After you put in a few hours of prep work? What a bad joke.

Hours? Playing the game to your current level already prep you for the bare minimum. Bad joke? Are you talking about the enemies level or your behavior? The bad joke is that you know it's a looter shooter yet you don't even use your loot to enhance your gear. What a bad joke.

Archived