Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp's shock mote now makes really loud sound?

Berzerkules

Since TNW Wisp's shock mote makes electric sound really loud when enemies are effected with the shock status effect. I have not adjusted my audio setting but now it just drowns everything else out. 

Wisp is my most used frame, I can't stand playing her now because I can hear nothing else. The only way to turn it down is with sound effect volume but that is all sound effects. I can't hear anything if i turn it down enough. 

This was a totally unnecessary change that no one asked for. I don't need an electric sound effect drowning out all other sounds, Please let me turn this off or better yet just revert it to how it always was. This sucks. 

This is like Xaku's guns all over again, before it was toned down, after I made threads about it. It's just random white noise that drowns everything else out. I cant focus. it's unnerving. It's way too loud compared to other sound effects. It serves no purpose. 

Does it only sound loud for you or others as well? Cause I played a match on Mot the other night with another player using Wisp and it didn't sound louder than normal and he wasn't complaining in party chat that it was loud for him. Unless others confirm the same happening to them, it may be something on your rig's end, not the game.

On 2022-01-02 at 5:20 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Does it only sound loud for you or others as well? Cause I played a match on Mot the other night with another player using Wisp and it didn't sound louder than normal and he wasn't complaining in party chat that it was loud for him. Unless others confirm the same happening to them, it may be something on your rig's end, not the game.

This is new and it started with TNW. I have something like 800 hours on Wisp, it was never a problem before and I don't know the last time I changed my audio settings . IDK why one specific status effect would be louder than all other sound effects. It's not just Wisp either, It's all electric status procs. 

I had the same problem with Xaku before they turned down the volume on his 2. Vauban's 4 is also a little loud and I have a hard time playing him or with people playing him. I think I'm just extremely sensitive to white noise like that, I notice small things like a slight increase in volume and it drives me crazy.

I can't play Wisp anymore, at least not with her shock mote. She's my most used frame it sucks.

I know I have some video clips of Wisp somewhere on my computer. I'll upload clips of what I'm talking about tomorrow. 

Archived