Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis - A Three Faced Coin

Liverslices

Yes I failed math in school, but the title says it all. After a forma and a lot of fun, the vectis has shown what it can do. There are three basic builds for the vectis, and here they are. This is with one forma, adding a V polarity.

All mods are maxed unless said otherwise

1) Speed

Serration (lvl 7)

Split Chamber

Fast Hands

Speed Trigger

Wildfire

Magazine Warp

Ammo Mutation (lvl 0)

Elemental Mod of choice, I use cryo

2) Damage

Serration (lvl 7)

Split Chamber

Vital Sense

Point Strike

Hammer Shot

Critical Delay

Charged/Primed Chamber

3)Hybrid - This is my personal opinion of a middle ground, take it with a grain of salt

Serration (lvl 7)

Split Chamber

Vital Sense

Point Strike

Fast Hands

Speed Trigger

Primed Chamber

If you were to dump more formas into this thing, you could get better results, and there are a lot of different ways to mod the vectis. These three are the ways I found most useful.

Below I am going to make a poll. Upvote the mod configuration you use or think is best!

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Liverslices

you can risk Heavy Caliber, but it makes every second or third shot veer wildly off course. I HATE that so I don't use it.

And the Speed Config is amazing. its what I use

Speed Trigger speeds up Vectis by a completely negligible amount unless you increase the magazine capacity from 1 to 2 (which isn't really necessary unless you're trying to somehow make up for its lack of CC abilities). Videos have shown that, even when the 0.25 delay was there, it simply doesn't change the speed enough to be worth taking up a slot.

Replace Speed Trigger with Shred, at least.

Edited by SortaRandom

Damage is really the way to go with the Vectis. It's already fast, and wasting 2 mod slots just to get one more shot into the mag really isn't worth it.
Just use Fast hands, Damage, and crit and you immediatly have an amazing sniper. Also add in Shred! Shred is AMAZING on the Vectis.

warframe.wikia.com/wiki/File:Warframe_Vectis_Speed_Test_(Mod_Comparison)-0

Computer is jacked up, cant put a link in right now. Watch this video and tell me Speed Trigger doesn't matter. In 10.7.1 they fixed the vectis being really slow. Now speed mods work a little bit better.

-snip-

Speed Trigger

Wildfire

Magazine Warp

Ammo Mutation (lvl 0)

-snip

I have serious doubts that these 4 mods on your speed build do anything at all on the vectis.

I don't know if adding 30% clip size via Magazine Warp would actually give you an extra round before reload. Does the 20% more from Wildfire actually give you 2 shots before reload? It's an interesting idea if it does and if so the speed trigger would have some effect, since you're firing successive rounds.

I'm a religious Ammo Mutation user, with Carrier I basically have infinite ammo, but it's often the last mod I slap on whenever I'm leveling or forma'ing. It's a luxury mod. I've taken it off weapons that aren't ammo hungry (or have high damage per shot) and still find myself with enough ammo to comfortably complete missions.

2013-11-09_00001.jpg

I'm still leveling the Vectis, and will probably put a total of four "v" polarities on it like the usual sniper build. From what's shown above I'm missing Hammershot, Split Chamber, and probably Charged Chamber. I think that build would really maximize the Vectis bar the added power of Heavy Caliber, which really has no place on a sniper rifle, unless one intends to use it like a shotgun. lol.

Edited by sushidubya

u wot m8

build #1.... is not a build. this is a Sniper Rifle, Crits are mandatory. Sniping weapons basically become 'useless' as soon as they can't kill an enemy with one shot.

so '#1' is just a waste of ammunition. 

I don't know if adding 30% clip size via Magazine Warp would actually give you an extra round before reload. Does the 20% more from Wildfire actually give you 2 shots before reload? It's an interesting idea if it does and if so the speed trigger would have some effect, since you're firing successive rounds.

the 50% rounds up. adding a second shot basically ruins the gun IMO anyways.

@sushi

The combination of Wildfire (clip size and fire damage) stacks with Warped Mag. This gives you two bullets

@taiiat

Once I modded for the speed configuration, the first thing I did was took it on a t3 Tower. It still does massive damage, and since its crit is good enough right out of the box, you usually get one or two per shot

Once I modded for the speed configuration, the first thing I did was took it on a t3 Tower. It still does massive damage, and since its crit is good enough right out of the box, you usually get one or two per shot

Upon trying this build (Your speed). It could've worked better with "Shred" over "Speed Trigger" as I rather puncture 4 mobs at once than shoot one mob fast. As for "Sniper Mutation" I'd replace it with another mod "ChargeP" or PierceH" since grabbing one box can almost set you for life.

Edited by Ephesus

The default sniper build.

Serration

Prime Chamber / Charged Chamber (remember it adds to BASE damage, so any thing elemental multiplier gains hugely from it).

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Hammershot

Vital Sense

AP.

Last slot is your call.

Shred, Critical Delay, Fast hands, Ammo mutation are the usual suspects.

Or a 2nd element. Heavy Caliber can do fine if you are not specifically aiming for weak spots but center mass.

Yes it needs 4 forma.

4 V (including the original V)

1 -

Edited by fatpig84

core mod: seration, multi, ap, point strike, vital sense, shred( yes it is). need 5 slot V( 4 more forma)

good build#1: hammer shot, charge chamber. amazingdamage. clear all. its better than #2 when u want to kill lv50+ mobs.

good build#2: magazine, wildfire. extra 1 ammo and a little( joke, not little) fire dam. better build for low lv mob.

when i train my vectis at apolodus -mercury, rank 2x, dont spam skill, survival till 25 mins, kill 400~500 mobs, got about 60k exp for my vectis build #1

I just use a critical build which I don't think should be called a hybrid, the Vectis is one of few weapons just begging to be made into a pure crit weapon. I thought I was going to max out Serration, but oh hey, I guess not, now it sits at a cost of 12. I have one forma on the Vectis at the moment. 

Everything maxed except for Serration

Serration

Piercing Hit

Hammer Shot

Critical Delay

Point Strike

Charged Chamber

Shred

Cryo Rounds ( will replace until I can find Vital Sense )

Edited by __Kanade__