The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Subsumable Abilities

(PSN)GL_alphamind

Question

So in watching an explanation on the helminth, it said that the helminth can only hold a number of subsumed abilities from warframes and as you level it up it gets more slots. There are a lot of warframe and the list will get longer so my question is:

At max level, can the how many subsumed abilities from warframes can the helminth hold? I doubt it can hold an ability from all warframes.

Can you change out the subsumed abilities? If the cap is 10 abilities and you reach it, are you just stuck with it? If you swap out an ability you placed on a warframe (Like ensare on nekros) do you lose the ability on that warframe?

9 answers to this question

You can subsume and hold all warframes, you get slots at rank 1 and 5 or 6 and you get unlimited slots at rank 10.

And the abilities are permanent, you can put lets say Mirage's Eclipse on any frame you want as often as you want. It will only cost you resources to fill helminths food again.

Just to add on. Adding a frame ability to another does not make you lose the ability on the original frame, also the subsumed frame is destroyed so you’ll need two of each frame. You can modify only one ability on a frame at once, however you can do this differently in every loadout slot. Yes, you can return the modified ability to normal or change it to something else. Simply feeding frames to Helminth is nearly enough to increase the storage cap before hitting it, but you’ll want to apply abilities and feed resources for more experience.

2 hours ago, (PSN)GL_alphamind said:

At max level, can the how many subsumed abilities from warframes can the helminth hold? I doubt it can hold an ability from all warframes.

It can....

2 hours ago, FrediSK..JAck said:

You can subsume and hold all warframes, you get slots at rank 1 and 5 or 6 and you get unlimited slots at rank 10.

It's not actually Unlimited....

There's definitely a limit.... But I don't remember where I saw it or what it's exactly Value was....

But there's definitely a Limit.... Im pretty sure it's Over 2000 Slots....

1 minute ago, FrediSK..JAck said:

To be fair, you can just call it unlimited, we have like what? 50 frames to feed. I very much think we wont ever have 2000 frames lol

True.... But you never know....

Server Space ain't Cheap and one day DE might have Reallocate Some Resources around.... 👀

We used to have Unlimited ignore Space too Remember... Well those days are over.... 😭

17 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

True.... But you never know....

Server Space ain't Cheap and one day DE might have Reallocate Some Resources around.... 👀

We used to have Unlimited ignore Space too Remember... Well those days are over.... 😭

Storing an endless list of Usernames is not the same thing as storing info whether user subsumed a warframe or not.

I doubt it is actually implemented this way, but you can imagine it like this:

To store a letter you need at least one byte. Let's say the ignore list is stored as a list of usernames with approximate length of 10 characters.
That's 1000 bytes.

To store data about subsuming you would just need an array of bits (1 or 0) with length 48 (for 48 warframes).
That's 6 bytes.

Same reason why riven slots are limited. Too much unique data.

3 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Storing an endless list of Usernames is not the same thing as storing info whether user subsumed a warframe or not.

I doubt it is actually implemented this way, but you can imagine it like this:

To store a letter you need at least one byte. Let's say the ignore list is stored as a list of usernames with approximate length of 10 characters.
That's 1000 bytes.

To store data about subsuming you would just need an array of bits (1 or 0) with length 48 (for 48 warframes).
That's 6 bytes.

Same reason why riven slots are limited. Too much unique data.

So I'm Right... Yes ? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

So I'm Right... Yes ? 🤔

Well, not really. What I meant is that the amount of memory needed to store info about subsuming is so small compared to other things, that it's highly unlikely that DE will ever cap it. Stuff like ignore list got capped, because the amount of data they needed to store was too much.

9 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Well, not really. What I meant is that the amount of memory needed to store info about subsuming is so small compared to other things, that it's highly unlikely that DE will ever cap it. Stuff like ignore list got capped, because the amount of data they needed to store was too much.

I would agree.... Except this is DE we're talking about here.... It's possible that they are using the Same Data Types to store both Names and Subsume Slots regardless of how much better it would be just to use an Array for the Latter...

Archived