Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did DE intentionally lower the amount of aya in bounty missions?

Sil3ntSilus

As stated in topic title.

I was getting 2 aya every 15 minutes or so from deimos 40 - 60 bounties up until friday. but ever since i have been getting maybe 1 or 2 an hour.

Did DE just significantly reduce the rate to push people to buy regal aya???

and if so i find that quite unethical

I don't know if they reduced the drops, but it's worth pointing out that buying gear for regal aya is a terrible decision to begin with, and that you're far better off just buying accessories with them. In that sense it's not really notable.

The fact that we're so close to resurgence ending also makes me think that it's extremely silly if they made such a change. You're probably just a victim of poor RNG.

52 minutes ago, Sil3ntSilus said:

Did DE just significantly reduce the rate to push people to buy regal aya???

and if so i find that quite unethical

Well... Sort of....

DE used an RNG System knowing that some people were going to get Screwed by the RNG in the hopes that they would buy R-Aya....

However with The Exception of the Ghoul Bounty being "Restructured" then the Aya Drop Rates have been the Same as they Always Were....

Sooo yes... Ultimately it's Unethical .... But we keep playing despite that because we believe we are special... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMO it was always going to be lowered gradually throughout the 'trial period' to see how far they can drop aya before players complain or end up just buying regal aya. 

The entire 'event' is really about selling regal aya and the rest is just there to keep the 'free to play' tag,

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

IMO it was always going to be lowered gradually throughout the 'trial period' to see how far they can drop aya before players complain or end up just buying regal aya. 

The entire 'event' is really about selling regal aya and the rest is just there to keep the 'free to play' tag,

Any proof? Or basic internet conspiracy theories? 

I also have gotten the feeling that Aya drops got heavily reduced some time ago.

Prior to X hotfix/mini update, I was getting about 10 or more Aya from a 1 hour Vallis expedition, now I can barely get over 4-5.
Not that I have stadistical proof, but since this has been happening pretty often, as I've rerun to confirm it wasn't just "bad luck" I'd say it is true.
Quite the way to make Void missions more appealing, eh?

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Any proof? Or basic internet conspiracy theories? 

I don't recall DE lowering drop rates without telling us, so either the OP had a streak of bad luck or something broke. You know, in a game where things break all the time.

Aya drop rates are ~5% and ~15% in final stage-bounties, it is not inconceivable that it drops less often for some people.

There's no conspiracy. Resurgence is just a reworked prime vault with the same pros and cons but far more streamlined.

TLDR

• DE wants your money, but they're also giving you the f2p, and if you run radshares you won't have a bad time with it at all. It's a good alternative.
  • Buying regal aya used to be a bad deal, but they fixed it.
  • Spending money on gear instead of accessories is stil a terrible decision, but it always was.
  • Aya is easily farmed, but RNG is RNG. If aya hates you, just farm plat normally and buy the relics from players.
  • butt

Archived