Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember The Ballistica?

Deaths.Reap3r

I agree with both points. The Baillistica was a nice change for uniqueness. And the Obex was a pretty big disappointment for me as it was basically a new look and different stats for Kogake.

The Ballistica? Ohhhh, right, you mean the Mini-Paris. Yeah, DE needs to make more original weapons like the little Pari- I mean, the Ballistica. Sorry, I get them mixed up sometimes.

To me, that's pretty much like saying that Braton and Soma are easily mixed up. You're comparing a compact bow to a crossbow that can fire 4 bolts or a charged one. Pretty sure that's different.

Edited by Vitras

agreed! and in this same vein, we need new frames that are unique, not excal/rhino combos (from what I've heard about berserker, at least. hopefully this is proven false and we get a unique frame more like nekros, who got a lot of hate before he came out)

brakk did not need to be a better bronco prime, and as some speculated when we first saw it, I was hoping for a mini torid/ogris (those certainly fit under the jurisdiction of hand cannon, so it was reasonable)

I'll commend DE on the galatine, which was a refreshing change from the useless melee weapons we had up to that point. hopefully we'll see more weapons in the future that have a unique attribute to them (and not just a high crit rate. I'm looking at you, electric flux rifle. soma gets a pass on that one, because the crit rate is literally the only thing it has going for it. that and its cool magazine animation)

It wasn't a base Silent weapon so don't really care. There are many more and better secondaries that are projectile based. If it had been silent on top of its different firing mechanic it might have been an interesting replacement for the Throwing weapons. But it wasn't silent so its just a strange side wiggling bolt gun with a really long charge shot for very little damage.

Edited by Brasten

You know how each and every one of us had a vision to make all weapons unique? Like the Ballistica?

Im just making this post so DE can realize that we need unique weapons... Tbh, not... well err... Kogake reskins :(

This was quite short of a post haha.

But I hope you get the point...

Though I'm all for unique weapons, don't hate on Obex. Kogake and Obex are the only two weapons in the game that use those particular animations, and Obex in itself is pretty unique when it comes to what it can do for its wielder. It's like a mix between the Kogake and Amphis, and is perfect for beating the snot out of corpus. Its armor ignore is very helpful to Grineer as well.

Frankly, I'm happy Obex is in existence, because now there's more than just one weapon sharing that awesome fighting style.

Also, keep in mind that unique weapons, especially melee weapons, = unique animations. Takes alot more time to create them.