Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any suggestions for my Marked for Death Trinity build or other such fun Trinity builds?

-SilverWolfPrime-

Question

8 answers to this question

is the thing Trinity is supposed to offer here, the Crit bonus from the Augment to work with Marked for Death? it doesn't seem like much of a 'combo' to me, but fair enough.
may as well add Avenger to that though, more Crits is more Crits, heh.

Brief Respite/Augur Set may be useful to help provide protection over your Health so that you're at less risk while using the Augment.
though one could also say since you have Guardian, you're reducing some Health Damage and so you could have Adaptation or Umbral Fiber instead of Redirection, potentially.

as for other things...

Exodia Hunt has a lot of uses with Trinity i think, since Trinity is inherently durable/self sufficient and also inherently resistant to CC and Status. so being buried under Enemies is low risk, plus convenient for Killing.
and you can pair that with many Abilities such as: Sentient Wrath, Thermal Sunder

or for a more support role in that, ofcourse stuff like Breach Surge, Gloom, Tempest Barrage, Petrify, Tesla Nervos.
versus if you didn't have Exodia Hunt, then you'd be fitting the CC into the Ability Slot like Ensnare, Airburst.

50 minutes ago, taiiat said:

is the thing Trinity is supposed to offer here, the Crit bonus from the Augment to work with Marked for Death? it doesn't seem like much of a 'combo' to me, but fair enough.

Ehhhh, not really. The main focus is using Marked for Death, and Champion's Blessing was just added as a "well, I'm not sure what to put here, so this will work, I guess"

On 2022-02-04 at 3:54 AM, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

oiV7kGS.png

Not necessarily sure if I'm doing this correctly, but I figured I'd ask on here. Is there anyway I can improve this Marked for Death Trinity?

Also, are there other builds I can try out? I've been wanting to play Trinity more and more. :)

Redirection seems Completely Unnecessary... You could Replace That with Steel Fibre for more consistency on your Survivability....

Other Than that...since Trinity has no Damage Abilities (She Does but not with the Build you're using) then the Value you're going to get out of Marked For Death is Going to Come From your Weapons....

I would Suggest triggering Marked For Death Using A Melee Weapon of Some Sort....

Why ?

Well let's ask The Wiki:

The explosion damage is calculated after all other bonuses and reductions, except multishot, and is quantized

So Naturally there aren't Many Guns that will effectively benefit from this limitation... 😐

Melee Weapons on the Other Hand Don't Have a "Multi-Strike" that would break up your Damage into Tinier Chunks so you can really Deliver the Pain with Heavy Attacks that usually Deal all their Damage and Effects in just one Instance for most Weapons....

Glaives, Nikanas & Even Hammers are great for This.... Not to mention the more Obscure Stuff like Exodia Contagion or any of the many Melee Weapon Gimmicks....

That should Really Hurt Enemies quite abit....👀

On 2022-02-05 at 7:11 AM, Lutesque said:

Redirection seems Completely Unnecessary... You could Replace That with Steel Fibre for more consistency on your Survivability....

Other Than that...since Trinity has no Damage Abilities (She Does but not with the Build you're using) then the Value you're going to get out of Marked For Death is Going to Come From your Weapons....

I would Suggest triggering Marked For Death Using A Melee Weapon of Some Sort....

Why ?

Well let's ask The Wiki:

The explosion damage is calculated after all other bonuses and reductions, except multishot, and is quantized

So Naturally there aren't Many Guns that will effectively benefit from this limitation... 😐

Melee Weapons on the Other Hand Don't Have a "Multi-Strike" that would break up your Damage into Tinier Chunks so you can really Deliver the Pain with Heavy Attacks that usually Deal all their Damage and Effects in just one Instance for most Weapons....

Glaives, Nikanas & Even Hammers are great for This.... Not to mention the more Obscure Stuff like Exodia Contagion or any of the many Melee Weapon Gimmicks....

That should Really Hurt Enemies quite abit....👀

1) Honestly, I don't remember why I even had Redirection in this build. I've recently replaced it with Adaptation for now for survivability, maybe I'll look into Steel Fiber as well alongside Guardian.

2) I.......never thought of that before. There's always been this slight inconsistency I've been experiencing using regular guns as a primer, but I never thought about putting melee weapons into the mix for that role. I have a few high Status Chance weapons I could try using. Wolf Sledge, Vastilok, Skiajati, maybe Pathocyst or something. I'll go ahead and try this out!

i mean, presumably what you'd do and the point of having Marked for Death on Trinity, is prime an Enemy with Viral and then use Energy Vampire on them. but you'd really want something to group Enemies up first, like Exodia Hunt since you already have an Ability Subsumed.

Marked for Death is a very good ability and many players have made a Marked for Death build for Trinity as soon as this ability arrived in the game.

The problem with Marked for Death on Trinity is that you cannot rely on Link, as it can make damage to the marked target. That's why it's better to replace Link for Marked for Death and rely on Blessing and Well of Life for survivability.

A second problem is the fact that even if Energy Vampire makes 100% damage (true damage) to the marked target, Marked for Death won't cause 100% damage to the enemies around : it's damage (even though it keeps the damage type, which is great, cause it bypasses armor and shields) will be based on the target's remaining HP and/or Shields. You can do this much easier just with finishers, that also causes true damage. If the marked enemy has full HP/Shields, the damage will be enough to kill almost everybody around (Heavy units may still survive). Just remind yourself to always mark an enemy whose HP/Shield bar is full (or almost) and try to target units that have a lot of HP, as Heavy Units.

If you just want to "nuke" with Trinity using Marked for Death try replacing Link and not Well of Life. You will nedd a lot of Power Strength and Range (as Marked for Death AoE is just of 10m).

In your Build, you have some little problems in my opinion :

First : Corrosive Projection Aura : Marked for Death with Energy Vampire already bypasses Armor, so Corrosive Projection (with Coaction Drift) is redundant on this build. Growing Power (as you will put status on mobs all the time) would be nice, or another Aura that you may prefer.

Second : Champion's Blessing does not fit this build. With a Marked for Death Trinity you won't rely on your critical hits to kill, but on your abilities. Your weapons are there to crowd control (Radiation Status) and to put status  (Viral status) on anemies.

Third : you will need more Range. Marked for Death needs at about 20m to be really effective and this means 200% range. If you don't want to use Overextended on your build, you can replace Coaction Drift by Cunning Drift and Champion's Blessing by Augur Reach, and this will give you 190% Range. If you put Overextended, then you will have to use Transient Fortitude and Power Drift, or just rely on Growing Power to have +25% Power Strength.

Fourth, even with Blessing and Well of Life for survivability, Adaptation would be nice to reduce even more the damage you take, as you won't be able to rely on Link. I wouldn't put Redirection on this build, but Adaptation.

I hope this will help you. don't forget to tell us how you changed your build and how dos it works.

Nice game to you.

Archived