Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Post Regarding Helminth Flowers

2wentyThre3

I've seen a few posts over the last year or so relating to this subject, but I really don't want want to necro those posts.

I loved the idea that Helminth flowers took the colours of our Warframes on the event of them being subsumed. It's a cute detail and really shows thought in design. However. There are a LOT of flowers there and honestly it's exactly the same as looking at your old colour schemes retrospectively. And lets be honest with each other when I say, sometimes we made decisions that seemed to make sense at the time, but actually when we look back on them... well, we agree with them less as time goes on. A personal pitfall and quandary I am sure, but this is also the game where our fashion and decor decisions tie heavily into our endgame.

So...

Like many before me, I propose adding a "Master" or "Default" option on the console as we enter the room. Similar to the UI of our Railjack. So that we are able to choose and master the palette of all the flowers in a way we would normally go about colouring our Warframes to one particular colour scheme - OR - Have them be able to be set to a default colour scheme more befitting of the Helminth room itself. I guess the reds, browns greys and oranges you see around the walls.

I know this may seem minor to some, but to others it would be a very appreciated option. I would even grind rep on Deimos to craft such a unit, perhaps making it a purchasable expansion from "Father" to allow us to do so.

3 minutes ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

Like many before me, I propose adding a "Master" or "Default" option on the console as we enter the room.

Could it also let us individually colour the flowers? That would be excellent. I would like a way to arrange the colours on the flowers. As long as your suggestion came with a revert option I do think it would be useful. 

il y a 11 minutes, krc473 a dit :

Could it also let us individually colour the flowers? That would be excellent. I would like a way to arrange the colours on the flowers. As long as your suggestion came with a revert option I do think it would be useful. 

In an ideal world I'd love this. We could make graduated fades from one colour to another from left to right, up or down... But I also understand there are 40+ Warframes that can be subsumed at the moment. That's a lot of individual internal windows for a console in your ship... But, the data is being stored somewhere so I would also think it might be accessible in some way or that the link could be made somehow... I do say all of this knowing very little about programming and how tedious or difficult such a task would be however.

The colour UI on our Warframes, our Vehicles and our Weapons all have the little Undo / Revert circular arrow. In my imagination all the same options and functions you have when colouring any of those items would be there for the flowers.

Personally I'd happily settle for a master that would colour all of them to the colours you choose or a default of whatever the art team at DE came up with, but of course if they could give us access to all of those 40+ flowers AND the ones to come? Yes please!

1 minute ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

But I also understand there are 40+ Warframes that can be subsumed at the moment. That's a lot of individual internal windows for a console in your ship... But, the data is being stored somewhere so I would also think it might be accessible in some way or that the link could be made somehow...

I figure that if it is stored somewhere then DE could do it somehow. I assume that the flower colours are tied to either the frame or the subsumed ability. So we could colour it all based on all that - it might be quite difficult to do though.

4 minutes ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

Personally I'd happily settle for a master that would colour all of them to the colours you choose or a default of whatever the art team at DE came up with, but of course if they could give us access to all of those 40+ flowers AND the ones to come?

If it is too hard to give us every flower I would like a gradient function - or other pattern setup. It could be nice to make some patterns with the flowers, even if it was just simple gradients.

à l’instant, krc473 a dit :

If it is too hard to give us every flower I would like a gradient function - or other pattern setup. It could be nice to make some patterns with the flowers, even if it was just simple gradients.

I agree whole heartedly, it could be pretty cool 😉

Yeah I think that the option to recolour them using the palettes we own from the “Customisation” console would make a lot of sense. 

like I’d love to be able to put the flowers back to the default Warframe colours for the ones I’ve subsumed, especially as at the start the colour channels wasn’t really clear for what part of the flower it would colour resulting in mismatched flowers.

the Customisation console currently only renames the Helminth and it needs a bit more to it I think. And being able to recolour your flowers would just be a nice thing.

It got to a point for me where I just started giving frames I build and end up hating and as a result subsume after maxing random or intentionally ugly colors. It's fun! Though having more control over the colors would be nice, since it's the only real customization we'd have over Helminth's quarters anyways. even though we can name him, for some reason, when he already Has a name that is used in canon

Archived