Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounties

(PSN)informiss23

The problem with open word bounties are the bonus objectives.   Hitting bonus objectives alters the rarity of reward you get (like refining a relic).   So if you want a good shot at common/uncommon rewards in open worlds you need to FAIL the bonus objectives.  Which is counter intuitive and hard to do unless you really try.    One the other hand doing all the bonus objectives gets you an extra loot roll at the end... but its usually in the higher end of rarity... 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

So if you want a good shot at common/uncommon rewards in open worlds you need to FAIL the bonus objectives. 

Are you serious lol

No wonder I can't get the tags for star days - I'm objectively just too good at the game!

On 2022-02-11 at 11:54 AM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Hitting bonus objectives alters the rarity of reward you get (like refining a relic)

How so? Completing all the bonus objectives will give 2 rewards on the final stage, but it doesn't change the chance or rarity for any of the rewards.

On 2022-02-11 at 12:57 PM, QuestWasTaken said:

So I guess logically the next question would be: assuming I want a common drop, is it worth reducing the chance of common drops to get an additional roll at the end?

The final stage of the bounties is always uncommon or rare. Completing bonus objectives won't alter the chance for drops. It just means you get 2 rewards on the final stage if you complete all the bonus objectives. I.e. an extra uncommon/rare reward.

3 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

How so? Completing all the bonus objectives will give 2 rewards on the final stage, but it doesn't change the chance or rarity for any of the rewards

This is what they're trying to explain:

Basically the Bounty Reward Interface is Lying....

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

This is what they're trying to explain:

Basically the Bounty Reward Interface is Lying....

Haha, I love how the video made no meaningful attempt to explain bounty rewards/rotations. Which, to be honest, is quite fair. It look me about an hour of comparing the in-game bounty screen (Konzu), the wiki, and DE's published loot tables before I could work it.

The use of the rarity terms conmon/uncommon/rare seem to mean one thing for most normal missions, yet something completely different for bounties. In the context of bounties, the "rarity" is basically what we'd normally call "rotations" (or more specifically, stages for bounties). However, that's made further confusing by the fact the rewards rotate with the day/night cycle.

They certainly didn't make it easy to understand at all.

That all said, completing bonus objectives has no influence on the rewards, other than some bonus standing, and an extra final stage reward if you happen to complete all bonus objectives. It won't change the reward rarity or alter the chance.

A bounty has common, uncommon, and rare rewards right?  Each time you do an objective(3-5) in a bounty the game rolls against those rewards to determine your reward.

Yes.... by doing the bonus thingy in a given "objective" round (3-5) ups the rarity of the reward you will get.   Hence why you hardly ever get common loot if u do the bonus thingy.  This is the purpose of the bonus thingy...  If you do a good job you have a better shot at the better rewards.

If you hit every bonus(or the majority?) you get that extra loot roll.     In my experience that extra loot roll is almost always uncommon or better.   Thats why I say sure you can get the extra loot roll,  but it probably wont be what you want..    Better to play like a loser and fail all the bonus objectives if your goal is to get common rewards...  

----------

aabc  aabcccc stuff has nothing to do with what I am talking about.   Bounties are not the same.   People call the 3 reward pools in bounties ABC and I dont like that as it confuses people into thinking bounties work anything like normal missions.   They dont.    If your trying to get something... look at the reward pool....  if its not there... look at the top of the bounty board to see when it rotates to the next reward pool and come back then to check....  

6 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

doing the bonus thingy in a given "objective" round (3-5) ups the rarity of the reward you will get.

No, it doesn't.

If you successfully complete all bonus objectives in an entire bounty, you'll get another reward at the end, rolled from the same loot table as the final stage (i.e. uncommon/rare).

Completing the bonus objectives doesn't change the rarity of any of the rewards.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Then why dont commons ever drop?? 

I'm glad you asked :)

if we look at the Cetus T5 bounty, the "common" drops are the endo and breath of the eidolon. They're common, which means they appear in stages 1-4 for a 5 stage bounty (which also means they cannot be awarded as the bonus reward if you complete all the bonus objectives).

if you look at the %'s for each stage: for stage 1, it's 50/50, naturally. However, for all subsequent stages the Axi relic is the most likely reward. By the time you get to the 4th stage, it's basically 70% chance to NOT get the common. So these so called "common" rewards, aren't so common. 

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: and it's even worse for Fortuna/debt-bonds, since the "common" loot pool is even further diluted and the debt-bonds are only 25% in the 1st stage, which of course decreasea for subsequent stages.

9 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Haha, I love how the video made no meaningful attempt to explain bounty rewards/rotations.

🤨 What 🤨 ?

Ah I see.... You didn't Watch it.... 😝

3 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Completing the bonus objectives doesn't change the rarity of any of the rewards.

The Wiki says It Does.... Doesn't it ?

Nevermind.... Wiki is Confusing... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

🤨 What 🤨 ?

Ah I see.... You didn't Watch it.... 😝

The Wiki says It Does.... Doesn't it ?

Nevermind.... Wiki is Confusing... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did watch it? If you didn't already know how bounty stages worked, that video would not have helped at all. It didn't mention anything about the specific stages or which loot is available in each stage. It just gave some vague comments about stages, and rotations/pool. Nothing about common/uncommon/rare from particular stages, which are of course different depending on the tier/length of the bounty. Sounds to me like you haven't watched it. That said, sounds like you also don't fully understand the bounty rewards, so perhaps you thought that video was helpful (but perhaps it's simply increased your misunderstanding about it).

The wiki specifically mentions:

"Each stage will have an optional bonus objective that players can complete to earn additional Standing on top of what they receive from completing the stage's main objective. If the player completes the bonus objectives for each bounty's stage, at the final stage they will be rewarded an additional Uncommon or Rare rarity reward, as if they completed the final stage twice."

Nor does it mention anything about increasing rarity by completing the bonus objectives. Not sure how you would find that confusing. 

Archived