Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Deletes Itself At 666 Hours

Kamal965

Hi.

So, lately, Warframe has been crashing on me for the past week or two. To TL;DR things up, today the crashing grew unbearable, and once I crashed during a T2 void survival which brought my playing hours up to 666, I validated the game files through Steam.

It basically deleted itself, as 104 files failed to validate. I'm currently re-installing it.

gg

5fdGx.jpg

Edited by Kamal965

Steam validate is not really compatible with games that patch themselves like Warframe. Validate will reset the game to the latest version Steam has. It it possible you will have to patch through the Warframe client after you finish installing on Steam.

I guessed that, as every time I download Warframe through Steam (about 3 times so far), I still update about ~1 GB from the client itself.

fml.

Steam validate is not really compatible with games that patch themselves like Warframe. Validate will reset the game to the latest version Steam has. It it possible you will have to patch through the Warframe client after you finish installing on Steam.

What he said. Steam didn't delete the game, you just rolled it back to a previous version and had to re-download all the old files. 

What he said. Steam didn't delete the game, you just rolled it back to a previous version and had to re-download all the old files. 

Er, no. When I actually checked /steamapps/common/Warframe, some stuff was actually deleted.

Moved to the proper section.

Thanks, yo.

Funny, that. I had the exact same problem as of today. Warframe just crashes on launch, and apparently 3.1gb vanished into the æther.

Ouch. I feel your pain. :/

I'm sorry, this is completely off-topic.. IS THAT -$53.28? How do you even...

Heh, I'm surprised it too long enough for someone to notice. I forgot that that was in the screenshot until I posted it, but oh well. Basically: The credit card company I used charged back a lot of stuff. A lot of stuff.

he's just uber like that. companies give him credit to play their games

Hahahaha, I wish. :(