Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack first Missile Platform mission is frustratingly difficult

pook-pook

TL;DR: with two players I spent 90% of my time over about 20 minutes fixing Hull Breaches and making revolite.

My friend and I were crewing my Railjack for our first few missions in Earth Proxima. We went back to the dry dock after each mission to invest in some Intrinsics and I put in some of the mods we found, though none of them were at all useful (no survivability or flat damage mods). When we got to the third mission, we had to take down a Missile Platform. This is where things got insanely difficult all of a sudden.

In order to complete the mission, my friend went into the platform to carry out those objectives while I piloted the Railjack outside. Upon approaching the platform we were immediately (like, one or two shots) disabled by the missiles with a Hull Breach, and I had to go back and repair the damage. I did so, and went back to pilot us behind a big asteroid. On the way there I was disabled with a Hull Breach again, and went to repair the damage, only to find my Omni had not enough revolite. I rushed back to engineering and made the revolite and repaired the Hull Breach with seconds to spare while my friend was freaking out that we were about to lose the mission. I went back to the pilot station to finish moving behind the asteroid.

And then we got another Hull Breach. I went back to fix it again, and having learned my mistake earlier I also made more revolite before going back to pilot.

My friend exposed the first radiator, so I ducked out from behind the asteroid to blow the radiator. Almost immediately, Hull Breach.

This continued for about 15 minutes as I constantly fixed Hull Breaches while trying to hide the RJ from the missiles. Every time I repaired the breach there would be a breather of maybe a half a minute before we were breached again, I'd repair it, go to engineering to make more revolite, and back to the pilot station.

And yes, I have in-ship teleporting but the pilots seat is not selectable for teleporting (see my list of Railjack bugs post) so have to run part of the way anyway.

2 hours ago, (NSW)nin-pook said:

And then we got another Hull Breach. I went back to fix it again,

You have a whole minute to fix the breach. When I started railjack I noticed that its better to just ignore the breach and close it in the last 10 seconds. Doing this you have like 30~40 seconds to kill stuff before leaving the pilot seat again.

And ya missile platform will wreak you in a few seconds, no matter your hull durability xD

You can recruit crew members from Ticker get one with 5 on repair and assign them as engineer so they'll handle hull breaches and other damage. 

you can have 3 crew members but when players join they'll take crew member's place. but as you were playing with one other player you can still have 2 active crew members. 

4 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

You have a whole minute to fix the breach. When I started railjack I noticed that its better to just ignore the breach and close it in the last 10 seconds. Doing this you have like 30~40 seconds to kill stuff before leaving the pilot seat again.

I can tell you've never played Warframe on a Switch by saying that you can leave the pilot station and close a Hull Breach in 10 seconds 😂

2 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

You can recruit crew members from Ticker get one with 5 on repair and assign them as engineer so they'll handle hull breaches and other damage.

Yep, and that requires Intrinsics, which you don't have a lot of when you've just started RJ (and need to spend those valuable points in other places).

For what it's worth, the Intrinsics I earned from that horrific mission all went into Command and I hired a couple of crew to keep up repairs and aim the guns (aiming the guns on Switch is a wholly separate nightmare I posted about in a different message...)

25 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

The missile platforms' range of engagement is ~5k meters. Keep RJ far enough and you'll be fine. The radiators can be destroyed with archwing.

I thought I was playing Railjack, not Archwing 😝 (More seriously, I would like DE to try to address this bad design rather than I don't play it...)

2 часа назад, (NSW)nin-pook сказал:

I thought I was playing Railjack, not Archwing 😝 (More seriously, I would like DE to try to address this bad design rather than I don't play it...)

It's only logical that your railjack will feel weak then it isn't upgraded. It doesn't prevent you from using it, however. Cannons are effective against the fighers and you can destroy the radiators by using shatter burst hit-n-run tactic.

Missile platforms wreck even fully kitted out railjacks. You need to stay far away from them. They feel more dangerous than even the ship killer platform, cus even though it one shots your ship it's easy to dodge and has a huge blind spot, compared to the missile platform that just rapid fires homing missiles at you from any direction till you die.

You don't need to destroy the radiators with the railjack. you can exit the railjack and destroy them with your archgun instead, they have very little health. Or you can just snipe them from a far away distance.

The engineer crew member really is important. There are a lot of important intrinsic but getting an engineer crew member is huge. I haven't even seen a hazard on my ship since I got one. Just keep in mind they'll disappear if you have a full squad. They'll also dispatch boarders for you if they're not busy repairing. The only difference between them and a defender crew is the engineer can also repair stuff, and will prioritize repair over fighting.

If all else fails just go to a public mission and hope to hop on some rando's railjack. Or ask for help and I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to part with many if not all of the railjack mods you want. DE massively over corrected with their drop rates after making them abysmal at launch and now people's inventory are practically overflowing with them. Even the rarest ones are borderline worthless on the player market.

Yep.... This happened to me too....

Basically Railjack for Beginners is Engineering Simulator....  You won't doing anything other than Fixing Hull Breaches....

This is Why when I started Over I didn't even bother building my own Railjack.... Il just piggy Back off of Better Railjack's until I get MK III Components...... Just like I did with Eidolon Hunts, Iso Vaults, Sorties & And whatever new Gimmick is going to get Added in the future.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

If all else fails just go to a public mission and hope to hop on some rando's railjack. Or ask for help and I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to part with many if not all of the railjack mods you want. ... player market.

Y'all PC players, tell me you've never played on Switch without saying you've never played on Switch 😂
Having someone else in a mission is incredibly rare. Trade chat is a wasteland. Most of the time it's just me and my friend, who are at the same MR/gear level. I've not once joined someone else's mission successfully, and "recruit chat" often has maybe one or two people in it other than the bot.

10 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

The engineer crew member really is important.

This is key, I agree. As I mentioned the first thing I did after the Missile Platform mission was get this crew member, and another on the guns (because aiming in RJ on Switch is an exercise in pain).

4 hours ago, (NSW)nin-pook said:

Y'all PC players, tell me you've never played on Switch without saying you've never played on Switch 😂
Having someone else in a mission is incredibly rare. Trade chat is a wasteland. Most of the time it's just me and my friend, who are at the same MR/gear level. I've not once joined someone else's mission successfully, and "recruit chat" often has maybe one or two people in it other than the bot.

Well I did say hope. But at least we're getting cross platform "soon™"

It's not all that common to get a public squad on pc ether unless you're running a node that's a popular farming spot. But probably more common than consoles yeah.

Not only the first or Ophix missions  are frustrating. My Railjack is very good constructed with all MKIII almost at max and even for me the missions are very very frustrating coz it requires much time and the rewards doesn't worth the waste of time, it's boring and make me angry. E.g. 45 minutes to get the rot. C in Defense only for a 22-38% prob to get a part of Ash? No thank you, after 2 attempts of this and getting a repeated part I have preferred to give me up and never farm to Ash, Sevagoth, ambassador, etc... that's why Empyrean mode it's almost always dead and only played to get kuva/tenet weapons, Such a shame, it has potential but very bad executed 

Archived