The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void shell skins confuse me.

-Acquardio-

On 2022-03-11 at 8:48 PM, Jokie155 said:

I can't use this everywhere, therefore it shouldn't exist at all, rargh rargh.

imagine if DE released a colour pallet that only works for 3 skins. that's essentially what DE is doing with the void shell skins.

17 hours ago, ant99999 said:

That's the point that Void Shells aren't plain new design. For a player who already bought other skins it is now either the skins they enjoy, or the new feature. And if they choose the latter they have to spend money.

The Void Shells only are desirable because their new feature. If it wasn't for material customization, a lot less people would want to buy some basic skins. So in a way DE is asking you to pay for the player requested feature they're now adding masking it behind it being "just another skin collection".

The option with buyable conversion to Void Shell you were comparing this to would actually be more honest in some aspects (although being of course worse in general), because at least it respects your choice in skins. It wouldn't be "either what you enjoy, or new shinies", you see.

So you're okay with DE employees working hard to MAKE these new skins... but you're not okay with them getting PAID for their work?

Make it make sense.

On 2022-03-12 at 8:56 AM, Acquardio_ said:

So the ability to change textures on your frame only apply to the void shell skins, but didn't Rebecca say on stream that only 3 or 4 void shell skins will come with the AoZ update?? Is something that's supposed to be universal fashion wise only going to be available on a small handful of frames? I love the new fashion mechanic but will it really only be available for 4 frames on launch D:, is there anyway the texturing can be applied to base frame skins (like the default default skins)?

Since they're partially monetizing textures, there is some incentive to update the back catalog. At a minimum, I would imagine they would let tennogen artists update their skins to take advantage of the new system in order to remain competitive.

48 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

So you're okay with DE employees working hard to MAKE these new skins... but you're not okay with them getting PAID for their work?

Apparently in the dystopian world of DE employees only get paid for the specific piece of content they made and do not have salaries.

Poor sound team, the last time they've seen any money was probably when they released Mandachord sound packs.

And the writing team are all just dead now, because I don't recall any time they made you pay for the story.

Archived