Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wheres My Shield!

Cordurory

Because it would be OP? especially with how fast you block. Also why did you just throw your shield?

You throw your shield for America

2nth0me.png

Blocking is pretty pointless right now. Adding a shield melee weapon type might make blocking more viable.

I mean seriously. Why haven't we gotten a shield yet? 

You could make it a big metal square that staggers on first hit flies when thrown does blunt dmg and when you block it blocks a space equivalent to the width of 3 warframes. Get on this DE. 

its not we already have a shield right? But hey, better use a shield to protect the shield that protects your life

Edited by Venarge

You ever seen a ninja use a shield? Me either.

And we haven't seen ninjas with scythes until they decided to put that in games,

or battle axes, or greatswords, or a boomerang that makes your very being wonk out of existence when hit.

For that matter, machine guns, shotguns and all those weapons as well, or blowing things up with antimatter.

The whole "ninja" thing is an empty argument at this point. If we give a shield, then it will be one of the first instances of "space ninjas with shields."

So why the Hek not. Why not try to think about it in terms of "Warframe" not "ninjas" or "space ninjas"? Also consider all the tropes Warframe already go with or go against.

Edited by Casardis

I think the problem with giving players a shield is that it would potentially slow down the gameplay, much like a cover system.  If they'd just improve the parry system by making it negate damage and reduce staggers and knockbacks while only using up stamina when you're deflecting an attack and use up an amount of stamina relative to the strength of the attack deflected then it wouldn't feel as needed.  I don't know why I'm taking damage from bullets that I'm deflecting away from me with my sword.  Maybe even make it so that well time parries open up enemies to counter attacks.  It would also allow them to increase the overall strength of enemies because you have a way of dealing with enemies with a higher damage output.

A small arm mounted shield just big enough to cover the torso without slowing them down or making it hard to use their secondaries like a Grineer style shield would. And if you stuck some sort of blade on it that would be more fitting for the Tenno thematic of being versatile warriors.

Edited by EclecticDragon

A small arm mounted shield just big enough to cover the torso without slowing them down or making it hard to use their secondaries like a Grineer style shield would. And if you stuck some sort of blade on it that would be more fitting for the Tenno thematic of being versatile warriors.

You don't need a blade in order to shield bash someone's skull in. If anything, seeing a Tenno being an expert of the shield's blunt power would show more versatility than adding blades, as if it was necessary (since their description is that they're "masters of the blades and guns" to generalize their mastery in weaponry).

Now, if they make a Shield, it could start a new line of melee weapon type, and we could have a Serrated Blade shield one day.

Additionally, they could make the shield folding or something so that it doesn't obstruct your aiming (similar to how Kestrel and Glaive folds in).

EDIT: Here's a few ideas for how the weapon could work. I consider it a bit like a heavy melee weapon in terms of momentum provided and multi-hit.

- Normal attacks: relatively fast, multiple shield bash with stun. It has short range, but the shockwave created from each hit when landed can hit up to 3 enemies.

Skill_Fighter_Cymbal_Onslaught.gif

- Charge attack: Moves slightly forward while bashing with the shield. Very slow charge speed.

--Two hits: initial dash that can hit multiple enemies in a short line (low damage but causes stun); a final shield strike that can knockdown up to 5 enemies in an relatively decent arc (about the range of a long sword).

--- In order to avoid missing enemies due to the initial dash, you can click again during the short dash to initiate the shield strike.

Edited by Casardis

You ever seen a ninja use a shield? Me either.

Ever seen a ninja use *insert 99% of Warframe weapons*? Me neither.

Anyway, this is what I want:

UltramarinesAssaultTerminator.jpg

Disregard the fact that it is an Ultrasmurf and look at his weapon.

Shield+Hammer.

You could easily add this as Clantech:

Reverse engineered Grineer Riot Shield+Mini Brokk combo.

Edited by Brimir