Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on the Gamemode "Disruption"

JeckNoTree

Hi there everyone,

just like in the title, I want to say, some things about the Gamemode "Disruption".

Especially in highlevel places, like steelpath.
The gamemode overall feels solid, it has indications, form where the enemys are coming strong, diffrent and interesting mobs and a clear instruction, on how to win the Game.

The problem with it is, that the indicator is only soundbased and especially hard, if you have hearing problems, or play with speakers and not with headphones. (even if they are stereo.)

As my suggestion, a visual Indicator based on color where the enemy will come from (the preemptive distance), since, if its near enough there is the "big red" Icon over them, but most time to late if I dont play a warframe which can stun them (im refering to the steelpath expirience, where if it would be the normal game, the mobs are way more easier to fight), and even when, this will not work even some times (the stun).

Thank you.

kind regards
JeckNoTree

there is a bit of something that you can do about it.

On 2022-03-23 at 1:05 PM, taiiat said:

not too long ago a Friend showed me that there's actually an Arrow indicator on the Screen in Disruption (and any other time there's a Kill Marker). but since the default indicator is Red, it's easily lost on the Screen.
after learning that said Arrow exists, i changed the 'Attack' Marker to the classic Competitive Shooter high vis strategy of Magenta. way more visible :)

On 2022-03-23 at 5:37 PM, taiiat said:

yeah, HUD customiation. 'Attack'.

the 'Attack' HUD Color also controls that little Arrow on your Screen that shows you which direction the Demolyst is. if you've never noticed the Arrow before, i don't blame you, i never did either, since it's small and Red which blends in with a lot of stuff.
i went with the classic 'pro gamer strat' Magenta myself, but you do whatever works for you.

that'll help a bit.

Agreed, I especially run into this problem when popping multiple keys for disruption when I go check all entrances and then somehow only manage to not run into any of the units since the small red indicator didn't pop up for me and then they just go and blow up the conduit since I didn't see the 1x1mm indicator on my screen. 

Making the indicator bigger would be a nice QOL feature.

Another thing that I dislike about disruption is that it is the only gamemode where going to level cap within a "reasonable" time can be managed making it so that other endless gamemodes could reach level cap within a similar time frame would be awesome.

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

there is a bit of something that you can do about it.

the 'Attack' HUD Color also controls that little Arrow on your Screen that shows you which direction the Demolyst is. if you've never noticed the Arrow before, i don't blame you, i never did either, since it's small and Red which blends in with a lot of stuff.
i went with the classic 'pro gamer strat' Magenta myself, but you do whatever works for you.

that'll help a bit.

thanks for the help ;)

4 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Agreed, I especially run into this problem when popping multiple keys for disruption when I go check all entrances and then somehow only manage to not run into any of the units since the small red indicator didn't pop up for me and then they just go and blow up the conduit since I didn't see the 1x1mm indicator on my screen. 

Making the indicator bigger would be a nice QOL feature.

Another thing that I dislike about disruption is that it is the only gamemode where going to level cap within a "reasonable" time can be managed making it so that other endless gamemodes could reach level cap within a similar time frame would be awesome.

sounds right, ty :)

I'm unclear on why the Demolyst is Even Hidden in the First place.... 

Disruption is just a Glorified DPS check so hiding the very thing you're suppose to be Looking for just muddies how much DPS you need to kill it ... Find it soon and it's a Decent DPS Check.... Find it too late and it's practically Immortal.

On Top Of That.... Why is Status Immunity, Damage Reduction and Damage Attenuation Still Hidden Information in the Game.... Don't you think something that literaly Negates 90% of your Damage should at least be mentioned in the Codex ? 🤔

3 hours ago, JeckNoTree said:

Hi there everyone,

just like in the title, I want to say, some things about the Gamemode "Disruption".

Especially in highlevel places, like steelpath.
The gamemode overall feels solid, it has indications, form where the enemys are coming strong, diffrent and interesting mobs and a clear instruction, on how to win the Game.

The problem with it is, that the indicator is only soundbased and especially hard, if you have hearing problems, or play with speakers and not with headphones. (even if they are stereo.)

As my suggestion, a visual Indicator based on color where the enemy will come from (the preemptive distance), since, if its near enough there is the "big red" Icon over them, but most time to late if I dont play a warframe which can stun them (im refering to the steelpath expirience, where if it would be the normal game, the mobs are way more easier to fight), and even when, this will not work even some times (the stun).

Thank you.

kind regards
JeckNoTree

agreed. wouldnt mind them having the same icon as the conduit they are supposed to destroy that has the same show radius as batteries, life support packs etc.

Archived