Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Website logged me out

Myscho

On 2023-11-16 at 7:13 AM, ----Legacy---- said:

Same been happening about once or twice per week to me, not a big deal bit still annoying that it's been a thing for so long.

You're right, but that doesn't release DE from their responsibility on the matter. I mean, just like we come here to provide feedback and report issues or seek for assistance with DE's software (warframe), one would expect DE to do the same when invisioncommunity"s software is consistently showing issues for a reallt extended period of time, and even more if they're making use of it with a license (a paid one, i'd assume).

True, there is such a thing as DE reporting the problem (if they can’t fix it) to those who actually can fix it.

Edit: I seemed… to have found a solution? 
A dumb solution, but I was just logged out after sending the previous message, and instead of logging back in on the forums, I went to the Warframe website, then clicked forums… and it worked…?

I can’t tell if this is a one time thing, but anyone who wants to test if it works can try it. 
Granted this solution doesn’t solve the problem, but it does keep my from typing my freakishly long password over and over again. 

Edit: Nah it was a one time thing

Edited by Malikili
Huh

Happened again.

On 2023-11-16 at 12:26 PM, Malikili said:

A dumb solution, but I was just logged out after sending the previous message, and instead of logging back in on the forums, I went to the Warframe website, then clicked forums… and it worked…?

Didn't work for me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

What about disturbances on the forums? Such as the logging out issue that has been going on for over a year. Is there going to be measures taken to fix this issue?

Website is handled by 3rd party and looks like DE dont care

Edited by Myscho

Update:

Tried posting it to a PSA thread about server disturbances asking about why forum disturbances aren't being handled on a similar manner as server disturbances, hence why my most recent comment here looks garbled because it was taken from there. But it was promptly removed for being off-topic and the PSA threads being maintained to a more higher quality standard than other official threads like patch notes.

But it isn't all doom and gloom though, since it looks like we got an "official", not-so official, confirmation of this issue in the form of a title change by [DE]Saske on this post. But knowing how the previous example of this being done with the chat box moving bug is still left unresolved over 20 patches later gives me little hope that this one will end up being elevated for a fix after a year of persisting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh, happened to me again.

Now I have to go through the tedious process of glyphs adjustments since one of my favorite glyphs to use, THEGAMIO, changed their in-game glyph to a self-portrait of themselves.

Luckily, the forums uses the original version of a glyph (unless I assume it is inappropriate in which case it would probably be wiped from DE databases where it wouldn't be able to pull it) and it tags the glyph for the forums based on when you log in. So by combining these two quirks you can rock two glyphs at once, one of which can be a glyph that has been updated where you can use the original version on the forums and then you can change your in-game glyph to a different one.

But this requires that the forums remember function works. Since if you get logged out automatically indicated by being flashbanged with light mode and you log in again, it resets your forum glyph thus resetting this quirk. Please fix the remember function on the forums please.

On 2023-12-26 at 11:07 AM, Numerounius said:

Ugh, happened to me again.

Now I have to go through the tedious process of glyphs adjustments since one of my favorite glyphs to use, THEGAMIO, changed their in-game glyph to a self-portrait of themselves.

Luckily, the forums uses the original version of a glyph (unless I assume it is inappropriate in which case it would probably be wiped from DE databases where it wouldn't be able to pull it) and it tags the glyph for the forums based on when you log in. So by combining these two quirks you can rock two glyphs at once, one of which can be a glyph that has been updated where you can use the original version on the forums and then you can change your in-game glyph to a different one.

But this requires that the forums remember function works. Since if you get logged out automatically indicated by being flashbanged with light mode and you log in again, it resets your forum glyph thus resetting this quirk. Please fix the remember function on the forums please.

Speaking of which, how do you change your glyph on forums?

It’s been a month of this glyph refusing the update. I prefer the newer version of this glyph, which is why I changed it back. Hasn’t updated :’)

15 hours ago, Malikili said:

Speaking of which, how do you change your glyph on forums?

It’s been a month of this glyph refusing the update. I prefer the newer version of this glyph, which is why I changed it back. Hasn’t updated :’)

change ingame, log out of forums manually and log in again