Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea Technochron Tennogen skin Change BUG / ERROR

EV1-R1024

After Update 31.5: Angels of the Zariman, Protea Technochron skin was changed in such way, that her visor stayed opened on idle. This is should be reversed, because author of skin designed it that way.

Expected Behavior: Protea Techochron Helmet is Closed by default and opened on ability use or during idle animation, as inversion of default behavior was a part of artist design.
Check the Workshop item:

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I suspect, it was wrongly changed because of this post
Please revert it back, it was cool and unique. And changing payed skins after purchase, and against author intention, is bad.
How it was:

Spoiler

ZpRFIhK.png

Now:

Spoiler

fY26x7x.png

It was closed by default from day one. I know because i bought this skin the day it was accepted to Tennogen.
Other Protea skins and other warframes skins are depicted on previews in default states. Other Protea helmets, Nidus un-mutated, Chroma with pelt, Equinox in fused form, etc...
And Technochron protea is shown with helmet closed.
Overall shapes and helmet lines suggest that it was designed to be closed by default, and opened temporary on ability use or idle animation.

DE really should just add a Toggle button for the Protea helmet's open and closed state, kinda how operator hood works, that would allow players to select how the helm looks.

and yes I did think it had been changed until realising it was just stuck open.

I bought the skin because the visor was cool, now it seems ugly because they "patch it"

its not fair that they just edit crucial parts of an skin after many people made their purchase, if the skin was release this way on day one i wouldn't had purchased it

just make it optional, the same way as operator masks so everyone can be happy with the skin

• 2 weeks later...

Why it's still not fixed? As well as bug with protea's roll animation. It is not a minor bug, both of them.

Is it just not a bug? They changed helmet once and do not want to revert that change? I don't know what to think...

Just bumping post up, in hope that more people respond here.

Is amount of players who bought that tennogen skin is that small? And those who care is even less?

idk how many ppl buying her skin but pretty sure most of protea main has her technocron skin (me tho). just hope and keep giving like or post here... i was bought that skin on early release and the reason i bought and be her main was the helmet... DE should notice this treads and fix her helmet, by how much ppl here that means the original design was the right design than now (bug or some changes).

On 2022-05-17 at 5:42 AM, EV1-R1024 said:

Why it's still not fixed?

On 2022-04-27 at 1:32 PM, EV1-R1024 said:

It was closed by default from day one. I know because i bought this skin the day it was accepted to Tennogen.

Hi there, this is not a bug. This TennoGen skin is intended to be helmet open by default, helmet closed in idle. 

It is true that on day one, it was closed by default and open in idle, but this was unintentional (as was reported to us by the artist shortly after launch). We then changed it so that the helmet is open by default and closed in idle. 

The Steam Workshop listing displays it as closed while idle (right) and open while active (left). This is the behaviour that is currently in game, matching the artist's intent. 

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

17 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

This is the behaviour that is currently in game, matching the artist's intent.

It's awesome that you guys are respecting the intent of the creator for this skin.

Can we get the same 'artist's intent' fix for Gara? She was designed to have her glass armor go away when using her 2!

A toggle to allow this again would be righteous and just.

• 2 weeks later...

protea's Technochron helmet visor was originally closed. just like the image when you choose it. but it's changed to be opened with no reason.

I think it's wrong cause I bought it when it's closed. I bought it cause I like the look of it. you can't just change it after release.

As soon as it came out, it became my favorite skin, so I really hate about this change.

please make it closed default, just like it was before, or make open/close toggle. 

this is so important to me. please consider.

1 hour ago, Bluesense44 said:

I want it to be closed all the time.

If you want it closed all the time, then why

1 hour ago, Bluesense44 said:

please make it closed as idle, just like it was before, or make open/close toggle.

?

On 2022-06-06 at 8:39 PM, Uhkretor said:

If you want it closed all the time, then why

?

'idle' means kinda differently translated in my language, so I made a mistake.

On 2022-06-06 at 7:21 PM, x_xGamerx_x said:

so in combat, leave the visor open?

idk man seems like you'd be more susceptible that way

thanks for the correction. english isn't my native. so I was confused. 

20 minutes ago, Bluesense44 said:

'idle' means kinda differently translated in my language, so I made a mistake.

9 minutes ago, Bluesense44 said:

thanks for the correction. english isn't my native. so I was confused. 

👍

On 2022-05-25 at 4:25 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hi there, this is not a bug. This TennoGen skin is intended to be helmet open by default, helmet closed in idle. 

It is true that on day one, it was closed by default and open in idle, but this was unintentional (as was reported to us by the artist shortly after launch). We then changed it so that the helmet is open by default and closed in idle. 

The Steam Workshop listing displays it as closed while idle (right) and open while active (left). This is the behaviour that is currently in game, matching the artist's intent. 

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

it ain’t the point if it’s bug or not. me and other people bought this skin because we like the ‘look of the day one, closed helmet as default’

so I’m sure other people might also agree, what we want is just make us be able to choose the helmet open/close.

there are many people say that it’s ruined after the change. 

Even if the current state was the intention of the artist, please consider that there are many people who like the previous state. 

I think there are still a lot of people who want their helmets closed, except for us. 

also I know there are a lot of people who think it's good right now. So please make an open/close toggle button so that everyone can be satisfied.

It's not impossible because there are other skins that can turn on and off Prime parts.

As soon as I saw this skin, it was my favorite and I’m so disappointed by the change.

Even though I am not in an English-speaking country, I am writing with the hope that this will be achieved by using a translator. 

Please consider it.

Archived