Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Content, Option to Do or Not

MaxMurdoch

I have been a fan of Warframe for years. I've played and enjoyed the game as it has evolved and grown. The frames, weapons, mods, combat all are top notch. That's not to say I've liked everything DE has done to WF.  But for the most part, let's say 75%, of the content is what I've come to expect and like for WF.  However in the last couple of years DE seems IMHO to be focusing on trying to add content that doesn't add to the lore, history, and general fun of the game. 

Rail-Jack and the Lich just don't work for WF and don't feel like they belong. We are Teno, we strike fast, from the shadows, then fade away, taking what we came for and leaving destruction in our wake. Rail-Jack is more of some SW, X-Wing meets ST.. stuff.. 🤢 The Lich is just a annoying pest. It doesn't add any useful content and forces, yes forces players to play RJ to get rid of the Lich. 

Can you PLEASE add a option to opt-out for Rail-Jack and the Litch? A separate one for each.I understand that means players will miss part of the game. However they are not and hopefully NEVER will be core parts of the game. Also yes I understand that DE makes money from these features but isn't it better to give players options as to what and how they play? There for the players are happy and will spend money on game content they DO like.  Maybe the opt-out could have a 90 day timer. Then you can play RJ or the Lich again or extend the opt-out another 90 days and so on.

Respectfully 

A WARFRAME Fan.

1 hour ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Isn't there an option to just not do by simply doing just that? No ones forced to play RJ unless it's part of main quest. Even then your not forced to do any missions. And definitely not forced to make a lich by simply walking pass the larving.

The problem is not every player watches all the news about updates and might make a Lich without realising what they did. Also it's easy to make one by accident in the middle of a fight. You're spamming the melee key, trying combinations and hit a key, X on PC for example, making a Lich by mistake. Then you are stuck with it. Worse this happens again and again until you DO make one. With no option to reverse what you did. As for RJ you get a quest, that you can't remove and a icon on your map you can't remove. Almost as bad, you are stuck with components taking up space, in your inventory you can't sell or trade and don't want.  Having a opt-out option is just a good idea.

2 hours ago, MaxMurdoch said:

However they are not and hopefully NEVER will be core parts of the game.

I think it's fair to say that Railjack (and thus, by extension, Archwing) officially is a core part of the game, since a Railjack is required for a quest in the main storyline.

4 hours ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

No ones forced to play RJ unless it's part of main quest.

I do wish there were options for people that just straight up neglect railjack. Like, give me the option and the incentive to ferry people through the required railjack MSQ. Doesn't even have to be a big incentive, hell, awarding Void Traces would probably get a lot of people to do it.

3 hours ago, MaxMurdoch said:

easy to make one by accident in the middle of a fight. Then you are stuck with it. Worse this happens again and again until you DO make one. With no option to reverse what you did.

As for RJ you get a quest, that you can't remove and a icon on your map you can't remove. Almost as bad, you are stuck with components taking up space, in your inventory you can't sell or trade and don't want.

This has only happened to me before I learned about liches and that was before all the updates. If this is happening more than once sounds like a human error. And as someone mention you have to hold prompt to claim and it shows you the weapon while doing so. Can't just simply accept while on the move. 

In regards to RJ active quest you can actually deactivate quest so there aren't notifications. And far as materials in your inventory most things are sellable for credits and even so, no caps so why would that be a bother. 

43 minutes ago, Grave.Knight said:

I do wish there were options for people that just straight up neglect railjack. Like, give me the option and the incentive to ferry people through the required railjack MSQ. Doesn't even have to be a big incentive, hell, awarding Void Traces would probably get a lot of people to do it.

You want to ferry but want to neglect in general? Just don't do RJ simple there are tennos that love doing RJ missions and host squads so ferrys aren't a big necessity. Ferry just lead to lag unnessary host migration that will still need them to have their own RJ. Main story are mainly solo anyway so those who ever wish to do newer updates and side quests have to just accept in order to do have to complete the requirements. 

Just now, Grave.Knight said:

No. I want to ferry people for neglecting that part of the game.

Oh you want to assist people in doing their Main quest with the help of your RJ? Well either way main quests are solo. And tbh wouldnt that just give people to much chance to take advantage of being afk and also I think we forget that most the missions requiring RJ are more towards end game since in reality after rising tide quest all this should be a no brainer. Doing everything is just really for people who love being completionists. 

Well DE did add the built rail jack and necramechs for sale in the market. That kinda helps skip that content and still brings DE mooonies.

Also adding the AI crew members was also nice, its like DE knows the content will be dead shortly after release, so the AI help new players finish the missions since no one else is playing those RJ nodes. 😜

I just think of it as something you do to get through to the end. Also not a fan of rail jack and only did the minimum to get what I needed out of it. 

13 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

Well DE did add the built rail jack and necramechs for sale in the market. That kinda helps skip that content and still brings DE mooonies.

Also adding the AI crew members was also nice, its like DE knows the content will be dead shortly after release, so the AI help new players finish the missions since no one else is playing those RJ nodes. 😜

I just think of it as something you do to get through to the end. Also not a fan of rail jack and only did the minimum to get what I needed out of it. 

YES!!!!!

As far as the lore and history of railjack and Liches go, I don't see where you think they don't add anything of value. I'd rather learn about Cephalon Cy than Ordis any day of the week, the story telling of missions involving railjack content has been pretty top notch like Sevagoth, Vala Glarios, and the Sisters, and Liches/Sisters are a pretty reasonable extension of both factions using their already existing technologies to create a new threat.

As for gameplay, Warframe is like 9 years old now and is a game that is constantly updating and moving forward, and so things will inevitably change over time. Warframe isn't a static universe, and so new things will be introduced and implemented overtime, both in lore and gameplay, and that's a good thing.

Change is also difficult, and when I see people using words like "forced" or "bribed" to play something new, I feel for them because it can be hard to open up to new features. Railjack and Liches aren't things you have to like, but maybe they aren't as bad as they might seem initially. I would say give it some time, and then maybe try going through them again with an open mind, you might find aspects of it to be pretty fun.

I like the liches for the most part. Railjack and archwing missions though, I do not like any of the gameplay at all. Forcing me to play Railjack to farm warframe(not the game, the item) content annoys me a lot. At least I could do liches without having a railjack. But then zariman hit and you now need a railjack to unlock arbitrations again.

19 hours ago, Frendh said:

I like the liches for the most part. Railjack and archwing missions though, I do not like any of the gameplay at all. Forcing me to play Railjack to farm warframe(not the game, the item) content annoys me a lot. At least I could do liches without having a railjack. But then zariman hit and you now need a railjack to unlock arbitrations again.

Thank you

Archived