Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Day/Night Cycle Suggestion

s0ral89

DE,

I enjoy hunting Eidolons but every time I log in there always seems to be 1hr remaining until Night. If its not night time on the plains, I will usually log off and play another game. 

My suggestion is to make day/night 50/50 again and to make up for the extra night time farm, nerf the focus trade for the shards so that one night cycle of farming shards will equal the same amount of focus reward for current night farming. 

This will open up more time with eidolon content, if people don't want to farm eidolons, they can still do other PoE content at night.

Please consider and thank you.

s0ral

5 minutes ago, s0ral89 said:

, nerf the focus trade for the shards so that one night cycle of farming shards will equal the same amount of focus reward for current night farming.

No thanks that would devalue the shards we got as a refund from the focus rework... I don't enjoy eidolon hunting so nerfing my stuff just to please a small portion of players isn't a good idea imo.

What would be far easier is the bounties being made available all the time (maybe with a cap on how many a day you can do) and triggering a bounty loads PoE at a set time at night (night time countdown timer etc still exists)

No too fussed how they do it, I just want them to open up the eidolon content for longer. It is a good fight, I like its mechanics and its fun, but like I mentioned, every time I log there always seems to be over an hour until night. 100min day / 50min night shuts off that content. Just make it a straight 60min split and maybe instead of nerfing the shard focus trade, just reduce the 2 brilliant shards on hydrolyst kill down to 1. So instead of 4 shards in a run you only get 3. 

I'm sure they would figure it out, all I care is if they strongly consider increasing the night time content of PoE.

1 hour ago, s0ral89 said:

No too fussed how they do it, I just want them to open up the eidolon content for longer. It is a good fight, I like its mechanics and its fun, but like I mentioned, every time I log there always seems to be over an hour until night. 100min day / 50min night shuts off that content. Just make it a straight 60min split and maybe instead of nerfing the shard focus trade, just reduce the 2 brilliant shards on hydrolyst kill down to 1. So instead of 4 shards in a run you only get 3. 

I'm sure they would figure it out, all I care is if they strongly consider increasing the night time content of PoE.

I think problem with even split would be that then night time would occur same time everyday and maybe everyone can't play during that exact time so uneven split at least changes it. But perhaps they should just open Eidolon to be available all the time without nerfing anything. 

3 hours ago, s0ral89 said:

DE,

I enjoy hunting Eidolons but every time I log in there always seems to be 1hr remaining until Night. If its not night time on the plains, I will usually log off and play another game. 

My suggestion is to make day/night 50/50 again and to make up for the extra night time farm, nerf the focus trade for the shards so that one night cycle of farming shards will equal the same amount of focus reward for current night farming. 

This will open up more time with eidolon content, if people don't want to farm eidolons, they can still do other PoE content at night.

Please consider and thank you.

s0ral

A part of me was hoping I would open the thread and it would simply say "Remove it" 😁

The day/night cycle is cool idea, but I also understand that it really limits certain players' ability to participate. I wouldn't be against lengthening the night cycle to give more  players the opportunity to play it, though I don't agree with the suggestion of decreasing the focus rewards associated with shards.

though I don't agree with the suggestion of decreasing the focus rewards associated with shards.

This is understandable. I suggested another way like reducing the Hydrolyst Radiant and Brilliant Eidolon Shard's drop from 2 down to 1 to make up for the extra night farm.

Just doesn't make sense to me why you would have some good, exciting and fun content but then lock it away behind a long day cycle...

Cmon DE. If you don't care for the suggestion of a player, think about how the people who programmed the tridolon fights, all that time and effort to be locked away.

Anyway, if you do see this, thank you for the game, its amazing, 874hrs in game, love it (but would love it more if you increased the night cycle of PoE)    =)

Still think they should make Eidolons their own bounties that force nightime. That would remove the elitism from EIdolon Runs and allow people to run them whenver they feel like running them. I mean it's not like Profit Taker / Ropalolists / Exploiter Orb / Isolation Vaults are on a time... Why are Eidolons stuck in a constant state of "Oh Crap, missed half of night, guess I don't have time to do my runs, dammit it's day now, gotta wait like 1.5 hours"... Plus everybody hates when night ends right in the middle of a bounty, so with dedicated bounty that would almost never happen ( I mean you would have a full night each bounty to take out three eidolons,  seem fair). That would also make Eidolon runs way more noob-friendly , instead of the current meta where it's all a bunch of insane vets that expect you to do 6x3 and will get angry for any single mistake you make).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived