Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora Prime face cloth disappears in mission [By Design]

Dzumong
Message added by [DE]Saske,

Hi Tenno! Khora Prime's face cloth disappearing when one of Venari's battle postures is selected is by design.

It is intended that the face cloth is only visible in your Orbiter or social Hubs when her spikes are hidden. 

Hello to all, this post is on the classic khora prime helmet and not the prime access one. I've always respected the rules and I expect DE to do the same, but the khora prime trailer is lying to us and I hope it's just a bug.

She was presented to us in this form in the trailers and other visuals available for her. (below)
4647358c56474d627593ad56ab2d2d38.png

But in game, when his 3rd skill is available level 7 (venari) his veil disappears to look like: (below)

8i16exjbk6c91.png

My problem is:  The Venari skill is a passive so it is permanent, so you only look like the image of khora prime (image 1) if you did not have Venari (if it was removed thanks to helminth or if you are below the level 7). but in the trailer we can see her using venari or her skill 4 unlockable at level 10, so she keeps her aspect of (image 1) which is not possible in game. (unless you have the solution).

To finish I propose to add in the customization menu a button allowing to choose whether or not we want the veil in game (no loss of content and more options for the player)

This special interaction with her 3 come from a good intention, but i too would prefer to keep the veil on. Not that her face is unsightly, but the veil is complimenting her general look very nicely, so much that it's a bummer to make him disappear.

I had an another issue with this mask.
I understand that mask stays on you if you don't have Venari or you replace Venari skill with other helminth ability. Despite that, mask started to disappear even though I replaced 3rd ability. Before that mask stayed on. My assumption that it started after I tried to switch Khora's modes in a customization but mask didn't return when I returned Khora to "stealth" mode.
The most curious thing about this is that other players see me in mask while I'm unmasked.

I'm sure it's a good intention, but that's not what he sold us. The veil goes well with the rest of her finery, so having it and losing it as soon as you level up is not a great idea from my point of view, so it would be nice if 'one is the possibility of choosing.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hi Tenno! Khora Prime's face cloth disappearing when one of Venari's battle postures is selected is by design.

It is intended that the face cloth is only visible in your Orbiter or social Hubs when her spikes are hidden. 

Wait, what? That's such a bizarre choice, I was waiting for it to get fixed in the upcoming patches :(

Il y a 8 heures, [DE]Saske a dit :

Well, it's clearly not to everyone's taste. This cloth have a central place in this helmets aesthetic, and losing it every time Venari's postures are active is a real bummer. Especially when, as -Zellion- said, the trailer shows this cloth on her face while she is fighting.

It's not the first time that this kind of interaction has been far from being unanimous. Another flagrant example is the Flox Syandana case, the opening conditions being so strict and unattainable that it is almost impossible to see it open during gameplay, forcing people to give up on using it. People are ranting about it for years btw…

These kinds of conditions can really turn people away from certain cosmetic items, and imposing them arbitrarily is clearly not the best way to go. No matter what design ideas you may have, leaving the choice to the player is and always will be the best solution.

EDIT : For example in FFXIV, a large number of helmets offer removable glasses or visors, which the player must manually activate or not according to his preferences. You can also keybind the act of raising or lowering the visor at your pleasure.

A similar thing in Warframe would be possible and appreciated. Gear pieces with special interactions could come with an emote to put in the wheel that would force their state. Same thing for the operator's helmet, because some players might want to open and close it as they please depending on the situation (closing it in combat, opening it when idle or for cutscenes, etc…).

I've encountered the same issue.  Doesn't matter what scene, and if I go out and come back in -- no veil.

Khora-No-Veil.png

Nevermind, I found the reason..... apparently it's supposed to be that way, you only get the veil in your orbiter/relays.... nowhere else :(   *sigh*

On 2022-07-26 at 6:06 PM, Yulfan said:

Well, it's clearly not to everyone's taste. This cloth have a central place in this helmets aesthetic, and losing it every time Venari's postures are active is a real bummer.

Exactly.  

All the promo images show Khora Prime with the veil on, so for it to only be on in the orbiter/relays, that makes no sense!!!!  It means you can't even do Capturas with the veil on.

So to be able to have the veil on (which is how it's shown in all the promo pics), I have to lose Venari?   How on earth does that make sense?  

Let it be a toggle, so players can choose.  But I can't see why anyone would choose not to have it on, when it's the main feature of the helmet.

The annoying thing is there's nothing, other than the forum post, that indicates the lack of veil in actual gameplay is going to be a thing - given she's shown veiled the whole time in the promo trailer for her, the reasonable assumption is that the helmet comes with the veil.   Having it not actually there 99% of the time you're using her, is false advertising.

Le 28/07/2022 à 09:03, 0bsi a dit :

The annoying thing is there's nothing, other than the forum post, that indicates the lack of veil in actual gameplay is going to be a thing - given she's shown veiled the whole time in the promo trailer for her, the reasonable assumption is that the helmet comes with the veil.   Having it not actually there 99% of the time you're using her, is false advertising.

This^

Only got her because the veil is a cool idea and looks very nice
Even in the trailer it was there during a mission
no veil in gameplay is very disappointing

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I just got the Khora Prime bundle and it’s great! The overall performance is great and so are the looks/animations but.. whenever Khora is going into a mission, the mask glitches. Not the whole mask itself but the part that covers the eyes. You’ll be able to see the eyes and it’s really dark and shadow-like. 

I love the Khora Prime build but I paid for Khora to have all designs attached like it’s shown in the trailer. I’m hoping this is just a bug. If I had knew Khora would have this issue, I wouldn’t have paid for that prime access to begin with. As a previous user said, it would be a good idea to give players an option if they want the face cloth to be removed or kept on. 

Archived