Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Granum void farm is so boring

Mootos

I know there was already many topics on this subject. But all are old ones and are closed now... and i really did want to react on this part of the game i'm discoverting only now.
I'm an old Warframe player... from the early years. And after 2 or 3 breaks, i came back once more few monthes ago to this game i really like.

I was happy to discover many new features.... railjacks, Fortuna (yes, all this was added just after the last time i left the game)... Deimos and many good ideas.

But honestly... granum void farm to try to get Protea is one of the worst part of the game to my opinion.
It's totally random :
- I could search near to the whole ship during 5 or 10 mn sometimes without finding any golden hand statue... when sometimes i seen 3 near to each other on an other map.
- inside granum void once again it's pure random.. sometimes there are no problems and some other time you have to run after the specters to kill them and quite often i miss to fulfill the goal and it's a pure 10mn waste of time (because of course you have to wait for the treasurer to get a new crown for the next one and fulfill the mission after. I think i fail it 1/3 times... maybe more often.

both low and hardcore ones are np as they are capture mission and fast to do... but the middle one (i'm doing the sabotage on saturne) is really driving me crazy.
I did it already around 20 times without success. The protea part just don't want to drop.

It's in the game since a long time and many players complained about this mission. So i don't get much hope to see it changed.... but i had to say it here.
thx !

Like any of the ridiculous grinds in Warframe, it's a Skinner box. It exploits the potential for addiction in the human mind. You smashing your head against this wall 20x will get you more hooked on the game than an easier grind would. And it also pushes you to just pay for Protea with platinum after you get frustrated. So it's doubly good for DE's bottom line.

They would have to do some serious soul-searching and rearrange their priorities before they would ever consider changing this. Or the grind for Ash parts. Or for Khora. Or literally any other 100hr grindfest that can only be bypassed with plat. They don't see a change as being in their best interest, so they won't change it, even if it's exploitative and bad for their users.

Il y a 3 heures, Shaden73 a dit :

Do Them solo with the Xoris equipped and its a breeze. Don't forget to charge the glaive and detonate it in proximity of the solaris ghosts for more time and rep bonus.

thx for the advise but that's exactly how i do it already :/ so it seem it's not "a breeze" for everybody.

Il y a 3 heures, mycroft_ a dit :

Like any of the ridiculous grinds in Warframe, it's a Skinner box. It exploits the potential for addiction in the human mind. You smashing your head against this wall 20x will get you more hooked on the game than an easier grind would. And it also pushes you to just pay for Protea with platinum after you get frustrated. So it's doubly good for DE's bottom line.

They would have to do some serious soul-searching and rearrange their priorities before they would ever consider changing this. Or the grind for Ash parts. Or for Khora. Or literally any other 100hr grindfest that can only be bypassed with plat. They don't see a change as being in their best interest, so they won't change it, even if it's exploitative and bad for their users.

I kind of agree with what you say.
But even knowing that it's (on purpose) a game with a lot of grind... usually i'm ok with it (i'm very patient). But here... it's just above what i seen before. Or maybe it's just a mix of "i'm bad at it" and been really unlucky.
When i said 20... it was probably a low (very low) estimation.... but i'll do it again and again.. and again....
So much FUN !

il y a 14 minutes, donglin218 a dit :

Get Mesa and build her for Max Efficiency and Range, then just find a high area and use your 4. Whenever your Circle gets too small just disable and enable your 4 again, usually only takes me 20 seconds.

yes i did read about this solution.
i still don't have Mesa. I never took the time to get this warframe as i prefer to play more oriented support ones.
but i'll keep this idea in mind and i'll give it a try if i keep to be unlucky. Thank you !

5 minutes ago, Mootos said:

yes i did read about this solution.
i still don't have Mesa. I never took the time to get this warframe as i prefer to play more oriented support ones.
but i'll keep this idea in mind and i'll give it a try if i keep to be unlucky. Thank you !

Do note Mesa is A PAIN IN THE ASS to get, got both the Neuro and Chassis back to back. Systems took me 9 tries. The Nav taking 1 hour to build did not help, neither did the Invasions usually only having 1 at a time. I recommend you get the Prime Version instead that way you can just build her and forma her instead of formaing the normal version and selling her off when you eventually get the Prime.

7 hours ago, Shaden73 said:

Do Them solo with the Xoris equipped and its a breeze. Don't forget to charge the glaive and detonate it in proximity of the solaris ghosts for more time and rep bonus.

Yeah granum void is a pain when you first start it. I hated it at first too.

But this is solid advice. If you're using your xoris correctly, freeing prisoners, wiping out swaths of ghosts and picking up an occasional time boost triangle thing - you should have no problems even at the highest level. I wouldn't do the granum void without the xoris. It's that essential.

I will say that it was MUCH easier when you could get a squad together, even when most of the squad didn't understand it.

But having run it a bajillion times afterward for sister runs, I can confidently say it's very easy to solo once you understand the mechanics.

As for the mission layout - normally I run the capture variants - I find a statue, jump in, complete it, then take either the sister candidate or the treasurer or both on my way out (if the capture target hasn't 'spotted you', you have all the time in the world).

If I don't find a statue fast enough, then I just do the capture target first instead, and look for a statue afterwards. Very often, there's a statue at the very start of the level on capture missions. Just jump right in. If not, it's fine, I honestly just run the rest of the mission, sometimes checking the odd door, and almost always spot one. I will say that if you find one at the very end of the level and you're running sisters, it's usually not worth it because a candidate won't spawn, but that doesn't matter with protea farming. If you get the treasurer on the way out - you've got your crown back (assuming you're running at the same level crown you submitted). If you reach the end and still haven't found one - pretty rare - its faster just to restart, capture missions are zippy.

On the larger scale - well, I don't like it as (yet another) content island. Sisters helped a little, but your chances of getting a full squad are still pretty nil.

But yeah, anyways, effective use of the xoris is the best way to breeze through the granum void.

Im aware how rare protea parts can be.  (Personally I think the more people you bring the better shot you have at part  loot roll wise). 

I gotta say though I really loved Granum Voids because they brought me back to playing DC Universe Online.    You would go into dungeons and get decorations for your base.    Granum Voids has decoration Crowns and I farmed for a few of them for my ship and had alot of fun.   ( I would love to see more stuff like.   Zariman bounties chucking decorations at you would have been cool, they got a ton of decorations at Hombask).   Cambion Drift could have chucked granny oddities at you....    etc..  (just being able to buy the stuff is nice also though lol  either way your grinding missions for loot).  

------------

Every time I go for a sister lich I dont stop at 25 kills,  I try to get the 75 needs for tier 3 rewards.  

------------------

Here a tip.... spectres spawn the heaviest around the 3 prisoners (so you can release them).    Try to stay around those areas to have a constant flow of dudes to kill.    I usually release the first 2 and just hang out at the 3rd.    Or just take my time slaying spectres at each spot,  after I take out a large group I move on to the next.   Sometimes I fail, but usually is cake.   People say they finish it in 30 seconds...   My average is around 2 mins.  +/- 30 seconds.     Just with Xoris....   when getting sisters you have to be able to use any frame in there as your progenitor.   

Thank you all for all your advises !

Yes... I agree that with experience it become easier.
What i really did hate when i post my first message is that it's so random :
- sometimes i can do the mission without any difficulties : you appear near a prisonner and specters spawn quite near you and in a good number. ok.
- But sometimes it can be quite the opposite : prisonners are far, specters are few and you got very few triangles too... i feel like i have to run after them. And if they hit me once or two times, they make me loose precious seconds.... and it's lost.

Anyway...
The best solution i found actually with the warframes i already have, is to do it with Volt.
As soon as i see i'm not near a prisonner i run near to one (using power 2 of course)... and sometimes i do the 3 prisonners during the whole mission. It helps a lot.
The drop rate for Protea part is still hell... but i'll continue to try to do it.

thx !

P.S : @CrownOfShadows : Yes... doing the capture missions make the ship part much faster for sure.

15 hours ago, Mootos said:

but the middle one (i'm doing the sabotage on saturne)

You do Realise Saturn is a Grinneer Planet with No Relation to Corpus on any of Its Nodes Right ? 👀

4 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Im aware how rare protea parts can be.  (Personally I think the more people you bring the better shot you have at part  loot roll wise). 

That Literally makes no Sense as It Only Rolls A Single Time for every Player that Participated in the Granum Void.... 

It doesn't work like Relics.... 👀.

Here a tip.... spectres spawn the heaviest around the 3 prisoners (so you can release them). 

They Actually Spawn the Same Amount Every Where....

However if you run Torwards the Very Edge of the Void into a Corner.... Then all the Specters will Spawn from a Single Direction.... Which for Mess... Is like Shooting Fish in a Barrel....

My average is around 2 mins.  +/- 30 seconds

My Average is 50 Seconds with Mesa and 90 Seconds with The Xoris....

I finally got it !!

I just verified something in my inventory :
Velox receiver : 15
+
Stropha receiver : 5
+
Stahlta Stock : 4

So it's 24 tries but without counting the times i failed to reach rotation C... (i got no way to count that).
So i'm sure i'm above 30+ tries to get this part.
Never again ! :D

On 2022-07-26 at 10:38 AM, Mootos said:

I finally got it !!
Never again ! :D

Do you know you need a second set for the Helminth?
Protea Prime is years away and the ability is very handy for a lot of warframes imo.

-c0y

Archived