Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Holokeys drop in the Veil

quxier

I've been playing Veil - Void storm - Exterminate/Survival but I'm getting much less Holokeys than in the Pluto. I'm getting more Sevagoth parts (2 parts per whole 1~1.5 hour). During 2 sessions (1-1.5 h) I haven't gotten single Holokey.

Increase drops of Holokeys because now it's better to just run Pluto (6 holos).

1 hour ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

Just bloody run Pluto then? Why does the drop chance need to be the same everywhere? 

I don't know, harder mission, you need to unlock more etc. Sounds reasonable that it should drop more.

On 2022-08-02 at 9:42 AM, quxier said:

I've been playing Veil - Void storm - Exterminate/Survival but I'm getting much less Holokeys than in the Pluto. I'm getting more Sevagoth parts (2 parts per whole 1~1.5 hour). During 2 sessions (1-1.5 h) I haven't gotten single Holokey.

Increase drops of Holokeys because now it's better to just run Pluto (6 holos).

I just want to mention... this game is about RNG. You could have a 99.99% chance to drop a holokey in the Veil Proxima, and somehow, there is a chance, to hit the 0.01% chance five times in a row. It's possible, you're rolling dice here. 

In fact, the Veil Proxima has a higher reward (and chance over Neptune) than Pluto and Neptune. Neptune has 4 at a 36.59% chance. Pluto has 6 at a 37.5% chance. Veil has 10 at a 37.5% chance. That's a good amount more. But, also, you can hit the unfortunate 62.5% chance time and time again.

It's RNG.

It took me seven days (played about 6 hours a day back then) to get my complete Ash. Seven. Days. He has about an 8% chance to drop per part in three different survivals, at 20 minutes. That's pretty tough. 

This game is also for fun. I thought it'd be fun to grind out Ash, mostly for the excitement to finally get him afterwards. If you don't enjoy doing missions to get the keys, then why bother? It's not worth it. Video games are meant to be enjoyed, so don't make yourself not enjoy it.

Hope my lecture helps a bit.

-Bubbha

22 hours ago, BubbhaPrime said:

I just want to mention... this game is about RNG. You could have a 99.99% chance to drop a holokey in the Veil Proxima, and somehow, there is a chance, to hit the 0.01% chance five times in a row. It's possible, you're rolling dice here. 

In fact, the Veil Proxima has a higher reward (and chance over Neptune) than Pluto and Neptune. Neptune has 4 at a 36.59% chance. Pluto has 6 at a 37.5% chance. Veil has 10 at a 37.5% chance. That's a good amount more. But, also, you can hit the unfortunate 62.5% chance time and time again.

It's RNG.

That's why (I like to say) you restrict your RNG. What's the point of saying e.g. 99% when you can fail 9 times of 10 tries? It's even less reasonable when player needs e.g. few items (e.g. 1 or 2).

22 hours ago, BubbhaPrime said:

It took me seven days (played about 6 hours a day back then) to get my complete Ash. Seven. Days. He has about an 8% chance to drop per part in three different survivals, at 20 minutes. That's pretty tough. 

That's 8% chance vs ~37%. And you are taking 20 minutes in survi + RJ part. Let's say that it takes 25 minutes (loading, rj etc). That's 14.4 tries. Times 7 (days) it's 100 tries. That's ~33 tries per part. You are expecting to do ~10 tries, and 60-70 for nearly guaranteed. It's different than ~37% (much higher chance) where do you need at least 4 drops (per weapon).

On 2022-08-04 at 4:40 PM, BubbhaPrime said:

This game is also for fun. I thought it'd be fun to grind out Ash, mostly for the excitement to finally get him afterwards. If you don't enjoy doing missions to get the keys, then why bother? It's not worth it. Video games are meant to be enjoyed, so don't make yourself not enjoy it.

Toys (frames, weapons etc) might be good but grind don't have to be. I like my Tenet Exec but I would buy it if I could (for plat).

If I were like this (not doing because it's not fun) I would have much less stuffs.

As much as I'd also like to see the drop rate be increased rather than the amount like we got in the end, I find it highly unlikely. They already chose the hardline path of just upping the amount once and if they change it again, I expect it would be in the same vein.

Archived