The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong clone and ammo

(PSN)Cargan2016

В 30.08.2022 в 00:25, Lutesque сказал:

Are you insinuating that Something is not an Issue just because Nobody Complains about it ? 🤔....

I firmly Disagree with that Logic...

Huh, notification for this message came with a very long delay for some reason.

No, I'm not.
I'm implying that it's very a simple change aimed directly at the clone, and compared to changing base gameplay system, it wouldn't even had a chance to create any unforseen issues.

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's not a Function Of The AI.... It's A Function if the Ability itself.... You Can Completely Turn Off The AI and it Will Still Teleport to you because That Feature has got nothing to Do With The AI....

Tell me you don't know how programming a game works without telling me you don't know how programming a game works...

Clone could be a brick, and telling it to move to the player if the player gets to a certain distance away is an AI programming function. It is a separate object not under the player's direct control, it has a function other than sit there, it has AI.

Doors have AI to open when you come near them.

That's what game programming defines as AI,

18 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Clone could be a brick, and telling it to move to the player if the player gets to a certain distance away is an AI programming function. It is a separate object not under the player's direct control, it has a function other than sit there, it has AI.

In fact, I'm not sure if the clone has a separate AI or if the clone is connected to a common crowd control system with a single behavior tree. It also seems to me that the problem is not in the teleport activation radius, but in the calculation, where the calculation can be used taking into account the environment instead of the usual radius vector. It just can lead to errors when the clone teleports to you just because there are walls or small railings nearby. Well, it requires testing and I'm lazy and it's not my job, so let the DEs investigate it themselves.

But in general I would like to say something else. They could just check the radius when you click the button. This would reduce the load on the AI and make it more docile. Let him be free until I order him something.

Archived