Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack crew pilot ai

extraterrestrialgamer

the pilot ai for the railjacks are not really good, and it doesn't help that you cant make them look the railjacks towards the strongest, closest, or farthest enemy. They just wander around the battlefield! it is harder to go solo on railjack missions when you have a ai pilot because, if they wander its harder to use the artillery, its harder to get the mission done when you have to destroy a pulse turbine, missile platform or shipkiller platform because you have to go out of the platform to destroy the radiators yourself because the ai is stupid. tl:dr the railjack pilot ai needs improvement.

On 2022-09-04 at 8:58 PM, extraterrestrialgamer said:

the pilot ai for the railjacks are not really good, and it doesn't help that you cant make them look the railjacks towards the strongest, closest, or farthest enemy. They just wander around the battlefield! it is harder to go solo on railjack missions when you have a ai pilot because, if they wander its harder to use the artillery, its harder to get the mission done when you have to destroy a pulse turbine, missile platform or shipkiller platform because you have to go out of the platform to destroy the radiators yourself because the ai is stupid. tl:dr the railjack pilot ai needs improvement.

Personally I do not use an AI pilot. I both pilot and man the artillery. It takes like 15s seconds longer than being 2 players.

On 2022-09-04 at 2:58 PM, extraterrestrialgamer said:

I don't have a problem with this. Are you leaving too many enemies before you go into the side objectives? If they are surrounded they usually try to defend themselves and the ship foremost. 

Also, try swapping pilots within your crewmates during those times, that's sometimes will help too.

• 3 months later...

Yes the crew pilot AI need some improvement. It has been very helpful for me; Most of the time when I go public on railjack mission, I end up doing the mission alone without anybody joining. Especially on the Skirmish mission, pilot crew is very helpful, they shoots the reactor/radiator outside without needing me to recall back to railjack.

Unfortunately the pilot AI is very inconsistent. Sometimes they just don't move when a reactor/radiator is already uncovered. It seems that this happens when there are no more enemies outside (it seems that pilot crew ignores Crewships).

I don't mind going back and forth between pilot seat and artillery to destroy Crewships, but this one just a bit too much.

Yeah, it seems like the AI pilot basically doesn't HAVE any AI. Mine seems to wander aimlessly around the battlefield and maybe fire their guns if anything crosses their sights. Worse - they'll randomly pull the ship around even when a player is at the Forward Artillery or in the Archwing Slingshot. Can we at least suppress their ability to fly while someone's in there? It's really annoying.

Personally, I would like for the pilot AI to at the very least try to fly towards and get line of sight on available targets. If there are enemy ships, face them. If there's a Radiator available to shoot, fly to it and shoot it. I genuinely don't see what the benefit is to having an AI pilot vs. letting the Railjack idle right now.

Archived