Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex Riven attribute recommendations?

(NSW)HedEmpTy

Question

I've got an Amprex riven, and I like the Amprex well enough. But I feel like it could be more if I had some advice on what attributes are useful. Right now I'm thinking that getting my Riven to have both Cold and Toxic would be good, to make Viral and pair that with crit mods and Hunter Munitions. (And Combustion Beam, the mod I put on every primary beam weapon I build.)

I'm just wondering if anyone has an alternate Amprex build that they like - show it off, I'll try it out.

5 answers to this question

Before we talk rivens it is good that you made sure you are using proper build. There are two options really. Viral + Hunter Mu or Corrosive + Hunter Mu.

Viral looks like this: https://overframe.gg/build/9665/

Corrosive replaces Cold mod with Hammer shot or Bane mod.

Elementals on a riven are meh in general, unless weapon completely lacks crit base stats. Amprex doesnt.

In general you want Crit damage = Crit chance > Multishot > Fire rate > Damage (replace damage with fire rate if you do not own maxed Arcane Merciless)

Preferably with negative. Here is a nice tool to help you rate your rivens and compare the rolls (it is a little outdated regarding stat weights with some weapons, amprex included).

Sinister reach only affects the main beam range, not the bounce. You should be always hitting the head/weak point of the enemy. Vigiliante supplies is used here for the set crit tier upgrade effect not for the ammo.

PS: Do not use combustion beam. Its damage doesnt scale at all. If it was explosion chance on the weapon damage it wouldnt be as bad, but on kill it sucks. If you check the above build and tick the apply conditionals you will see it has burst dps (damage per second) of 117 500. Using combustion beam will lower that substantially and there is no way it is worth 600 flat damage on kill.

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

PS: Do not use combustion beam. Its damage doesnt scale at all. If it was explosion chance on the weapon damage it wouldnt be as bad, but on kill it sucks. If you check the above build and tick the apply conditionals you will see it has burst dps (damage per second) of 117 500. Using combustion beam will lower that substantially and there is no way it is worth 600 flat damage on kill.

Ah, I think you might have the wrong idea for what exactly I'm planning on using Amprex for - I'm using it to mass-clear enemies in the 20 - 50 level range, (Void Fissure survivals and Normal Sanctuary Onslaught) where 600 flat damage AoE per kill is very much helpful at speeding up the process. (It's an AoE that doesn't self-stagger, among other benefits.)

I might farm some Arcane Merciless however, that was on my to-do list and would make it more damaging.

Thanks for the advice!

PS: I think you were going to post a link to a Riven helper tool? Either it's not appearing because of some kinda bug, or you forgot to copy+paste it.

39 minutes ago, (NSW)HedEmpTy said:

Ah, I think you might have the wrong idea for what exactly I'm planning on using Amprex for - I'm using it to mass-clear enemies in the 20 - 50 level range, (Void Fissure survivals and Normal Sanctuary Onslaught) where 600 flat damage AoE per kill is very much helpful at speeding up the process.

It may be if it was something extra. But it is not, its alternate cost is that you kill slower, substantially slower. 

For that level range there are better tools with better spread (as in not limited to 3 targets pre penetration). Ignis Wraith. Or if you just want to nuke the map Ogris/Kuva Ogris with Napalm are pretty fine.

The tool: https://semlar.com/comp (riven subsection in general).

8 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It may be if it was something extra. But it is not, its alternate cost is that you kill slower, substantially slower. 

For that level range there are better tools with better spread (as in not limited to 3 targets pre penetration). Ignis Wraith. Or if you just want to nuke the map Ogris/Kuva Ogris with Napalm are pretty fine.

The tool: https://semlar.com/comp (riven subsection in general).

Oh, I have an Ignis Wraith, and I love it too. I'm thinking about Amprex as a similar role, plus something I actually have a Riven for. Both are Normal Sanctuary onslaught clearing tools, and the idea is to put a Focus Lens for a different Focus type than the lens on my Ignis Wraith. (It's less stressful than Elite, if I wanted challenge I'd play Sorties or Steel Path.)

Archived