Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Hunt

Karsaros

Okay so I just finished the new quest decided to attempt this, first mission was Mobile defense I figure okay whatever same song and dance, then I kid you not 10 seconds into the first defense I spot a massive sentient fireball fly to the defense objective and outright one shot it despite having full Shields and Health, no screenshots because of how fast it happened, but has to be said...I love the random things in this game rather than feeling soul crushing despair I was dying laughing at the situation as I got that mission failed screen by no fault of my own. XD

Edit: this situation reminded me of the Nidus Quest where you have to do alot of Index and you would randomly die in that one round cause the round is rigged against you. XD

Yeah its a lot less fun when you fight the actual archon and if you arent in a fully prepped squad everyone dies =D cant make it past the half health point. It's just not something any of my friends ( all have completed new war and most have done SP ) can do =D we spend the entire game tryin to res each other in last gasp. fun. 

I took Frost and it was all easy...

I think the strategy to kill the mobs is, frost, seva, xaku and some ccers like nyx for example. The boss is not affected by status abilities. In the owl case the boss has 4 phases:

1. You attack him and leave him at half life, he escapes.

2. You have to look for something like some pots that are marked in the mission.ç

3. When you find him again you attack him and at some point he will become invulnerable and will summon 3 sentient of those who have the bottles in the chest when you deal damage they will use a shield that makes them invincible against warframe damage for kill them you need to use the tenno. When they die the archon loses his vulnerability again.

4. And finally he summons spheres of light around him. You need to destroy them to then kill him.

2 minutes ago, Karsaros said:

You are a wear I didn't even make it to the Archon right? I've failed the Mobile Defense 5 times now by the same Fireball, I think I'll just wait and hope its just bugged atm.

Same thing happened on my first attempt. I wasn’t sure what happened as it failed as soon as I activated the console. No problems after that but seems like something they should look at. 

Update: Through raw perseverance I finally finished that stupid mobile defense after 27 mission failures the Defense that followed was super easy but DE really needs to update the AI on those Defense companions I saw this guy walk right into a grenade explosion several times over the course of 10 waves he got downed 36 times (Yes I counted) then the Archon...

Honestly the Archon was super easy the most annoying part was getting past the Veil Barrier which prompts the question: why even have them retreat at all? the answer? we need some way to waste your time. this is quite bad for me since my PC is prone to getting random hardware failures for the dumbest reasons I got one just sitting in a mostly empty relay for gods sake.

In truth I do believe the DR reduction is abit too high sure I was able to use Nidus with my Incaronon Weapons to shred the guy but I shudder to imagine how rough a time the average player has against them.

Edit: I did all three missions solo I cant imagine having other players present would make things go very much faster considering the amount of invincibilities Boreal has:
Think your getting somewhere? Nope lets summon some sentient Aerolysts to pad the mission time... got finished killing them Sentients? Time to retreat and hide behind a barrier that needs two keys to unlock both of which are 1,000 meters apart, after that not only does he maintain the adds but he does a pyramid of light trick with 5 orbs that need to be destroyed, that last area took 21 minutes just because he did everything in his power to waste my time.

The point is for the length of missions after I get all the shards for the powers I want/need I cant see myself replaying Archons for fun like I do with Sorties, sorry but length of the assassination feels extremely excessive.

Archived