Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This What The Vulkar Is Supposed To See Through The Scope?

(PSN)Virodeath

Question

This was buried in another topic and I thought I had better move it out on it's own.  It is almost impossible to find mobs while looking through it, you have to get the reticle close then zoom then search through the crap on the screen. 

Ok, here is a link to what you see when looking through the Vulkar scope (zoomed in).  In this photo I am looking just left of the center of a door (three green dots are the center)  It is almost impossible to find mobs in this scope.

https://www.dropbox....1118_192010.jpg

here is a shot looking at some ceiling lights:

https://www.dropbox....1118_192038.jpg

This is by far the worst optics I have ever seen in any game if it is meant to look like this.

Viro

Edited by (PS4)Virodeath

14 answers to this question

Actually it seems like it's both the Vulkar Scope and the codex scanning vision used at once. This may explain why it's even less visible.

Even so, based on what I've seen of the Vulkar scope in the livestream, I've noticed a few things that needs to be addressed carefully. I'll quote myself from another post:

I like the IDEA of adding an actual scope. However, they need to be careful about it, as Dtexas pointed out, and it shows in the gameplay preview. Lots of things are always going on in battle, and there's often very small room to actually need a sniper (or make snipers really efficient in the environment), save for certain tiles like those on Phobos and Corpus Outpost.

What problems I saw from the preview are these:

- FoV/scope size is way too small and will hinder your vision too much amidst the small tiles and chaos of battle. It seems they want the whole circumference of the scope to actually fit the screen, which isn't too good for this game.

--- Suggestion: Scope size needs to be increased if it's a circle, maybe going further than the screen --Take a look at the scanner's vision: scopes don't need to be a circle for all models. In fact, take inspiration from Halo's scopes where you still see the blackened part around the actual scope vision, albeit darker.

- Too many opaque add-ons on the scope that hides the little you can currently see.

--- Suggestion: Either reduce the numbers and scales, or make them less visible (playing with opacity). They are cool and all, and contributes a lot with the weapon's origins (Grineer emblem in Vulkar's scope vision), but we're trying to aim and shoot properly here.

EDIT: Wait what? So that's the actual scope from the Vulkar on the PS4? I think it may be bugged because it really looks like the Codex scope + Vulkar scope. Let me take the pictures from the livestream to show you.

Edited by Casardis

That's the scope for the Codex smarty pants.

hey now, he got it half right. that the WIP Vulkar optic that was shown in the Livestream.... was probably the worst optic i've ever seen. ever. 

ever.

godawfully disgusting, and so much negative space >.>

Edited by taiiat

Here are the scopes from the livestream:

Codex scanner:

2013-11-15_232824.png

Vulkar scope:

Sniper_scope.png

I think they made a mistake somewhere on the PS4 and put like 3 different scopes together for the Vulkar (regular Vulkar scope, which is the circle + white curved lines, which are the Codex Scanner + the white boxes which are new).

By the way Viro, you should also post this in the PS4 Gameplay or Weapons Feedback. You can include the livestream pictures I've given to point out how it looks like they slapped them together, along with the issue of simply hiding most of your vision, which is your initial post. This should be brought to their attention.

Edited by Casardis

By the way Viro, you should also post this in the PS4 Gameplay or Weapons Feedback. You can include the livestream pictures I've given to point out how it looks like they slapped them together, along with the issue of simply hiding most of your vision, which is your initial post. This should be brought to their attention.

I am not allowed to post in the weapons area so I posted it under bugs in the PS4 area.  There isn't a weapons area there.

Viro

Ok here is a PS4 Share of the Vulkar on PS4: https://twitter.com/Virodeath/status/402665739146260480/photo/1/large

:/

doesn't the PS4 have any useful ways to share things? like an image website?

if all it has is Social Media (and i'm sure the Xbox One would have the same stuff, with slight differences for Streaming due to contracts), then the entire sharing thing is a joke.

edit:

which would be a shame, Sony presented the ease of sharing very well for the PS4!

Edited by taiiat